Indoor CFL grow, soil/coco, 3rd crop, 4 auto's

Reaction score
Hello fellow growers, this is my 2nd journal and 3rd grow. 1st were 2 auto's, last one was a regular, and this one is 4 auto's. Using the same soil the whole way through..bought more of it for the extra 2 growing now.
Growing in an empty room, oscillating fan and mylar paper around the plants, except above. Temps are around 25-27C with lights on, humidity low 40%. Lights out it was dropping to just below 20 quite fast, so I added a mini heater near the lights set to keep it above 21.

Lights: 16, 23 watt cfl's (14 blue, 2 red for veg) (will be close to reverse for flowering) Running 20/4 cycle
Medium: 4, 4 gallon (15L) plastic containers, each container has roughly 20% coco, 20% perlite and the rest is pro-mix organic herb & vegetable mix.
Nutes: GH Flora series (Using only the micro and bloom) Organic unsulphured molasses at times during flowering and Epsom salt if needed.
Seeds: Easy Bud, Money Maker, Northern ??, Bubble Gum (1st 3 were freebies, its why I cant remember the name of the northern..it's from vision seeds but cant find it on their site)

Im at the start of week 4 today, watered twice thoroughly (2L each pot with slight runoff) with a tablespoon of Epsom salt and 15ml micro in 2 gallons of water for last watering. So far the one that had the worst reviews, Money Maker, is the one growing amazingly:) Easy Bud is supposed to be small, so for what it is, looks ok. The northern whatever it is, is a pain. Huge thick leaves, no light can penetrate this canopy, so I had to defoliate today. Bubble Gum started real slow and while it looks healthy, just looks pathetic, and its the only one I paid for lol.

That's all for now:) First grow was auto's white widow and royal ak. Got just over an ounce combined. Made some mistakes with watering and especially feeding! They were yellowing starting at day 25ish and it didn't stop. Last grow was a regular, strain unknown, 45 days veg and 10 weeks flowering using 14 cfl bulbs and got close to 3 ounces. Im expecting max half an ounce off each of these in around 70 days..though I don't think the bubble gum will give me that lol.

Attachments

• Bubble Gum start week 2.jpg
    Bubble Gum start week 2.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 162
  • Bubble Gum End week 2.jpg
    Bubble Gum End week 2.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Bubble Gum Start week 4.jpg
    Bubble Gum Start week 4.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Easy Bud start week 2.jpg
    Easy Bud start week 2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Easy Bud  End week 2.jpg
    Easy Bud End week 2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Easy Bud Start week 4.jpg
    Easy Bud Start week 4.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Money Maker start week 2.jpg
    Money Maker start week 2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Money Maker End week 2.jpg
    Money Maker End week 2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Money Maker Start week 4.jpg
    Money Maker Start week 4.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 157
  • Northern start week 2.jpg
    Northern start week 2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Northern  End week 2.jpg
    Northern End week 2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 139
  • Northern Start week 4.jpg
    Northern Start week 4.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 160
I did slight defoliation on the northern and moneymaker as well as lst to pull main stem over today. I planted all of them off centre so to pull it back over the pot as they grow. i know ideally it's said not to cut auto's..but with these 2 i had no choice..the leaves are huge on both and northern is hugging the dirt as well. We'll see how it goes..exposed all lower bud sites now..only top was visible on both.

Attachments

• Bubble Gum only lst.jpg
    Bubble Gum only lst.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Easy Bud small 2 leaf defoliate and lst.jpg
    Easy Bud small 2 leaf defoliate and lst.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Money Maker 4 leaf defoliate and lst.jpg
    Money Maker 4 leaf defoliate and lst.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Northern 4 leaf defoliate.jpg
    Northern 4 leaf defoliate.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 110
Well that was a whole lot of hype for nothing lol. I was hoping for 2 oz combined...i'll be lucky to get half an oz combined lol. Thinking of abandoning 2 of them. All except the northern have started to yellow..just like the 1st 2 auto's did in the spring. Will likely scrap the bubble gum and easy bud, I doubt they'll make it anyway. These auto's are much harder to grow than regulars! Cant wait to finish what I have and switch back to them!. Will start a journal for those. These are quite pointless to keep one:)

Start of week 5 today. 2 are starting to flower, the other two, money and northern not just yet. Overall, growth looks quite sad lol, like my first auto's, they look nothing like a weed plant, looks like cabbage lol. Just looking to recoup the cost of electricity for this grow lol.

Attachments

• Bubble Gum End week 4.jpg
    Bubble Gum End week 4.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 164
  • Easy Bud  End week 4.jpg
    Easy Bud End week 4.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 161
  • Money Maker End week 4.jpg
    Money Maker End week 4.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Northern  End week 4.jpg
    Northern End week 4.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 166
Start of week 5 today. 2 are starting to flower, the other two, money and northern not just yet. Overall, growth looks quite sad lol, like my first auto's, they look nothing like a weed plant, looks like cabbage lol. Just looking to recoup the cost of electricity for this grow lol.

Hiii @comet79 !!
:pass:

So these last pics are day 28ish?

How often have you been watering and feeding them? I can't remember if you pH. Do you?

They look thirsty and hungry. It's too soon to quit. Again....
:bighug:

Hiii @comet79 !!

So these last pics are day 28ish?

How often have you been watering and feeding them? I can't remember if you pH. Do you?

They look thirsty and hungry. It's too soon to quit. Again....
:bighug:
Yes..was on day 28 from sprout. Im feeding them more than the regular plant got. regular was 8ml flora micro and 16 ml bloom (lucas formula). This one I gave 10 ml micro last 2 waterings. They're really flimsy..i don't even like looking at it as its so pathetic lol. I ont quit, but I for sure won't do auto's again once the other 3 are done as well. They grow really bad!!! Yes I ph..mid to upper 6 usually..never a fixed number. Watering every 6-7 days..once it feels dry enough. In the pic above..it was watered fully the day before (Friday).

These pics are from now..and while its not as bad as the other 2 auto's in the spring..yellowing has once again started and its not even flowering yet. The regular seed grew perfectly without a hitch at all till harvest. No yellowing at all..just great growth. These auto's yellow when they flower and the flowers are tiny in comparison to regulars! It'll be a miracle if I can get 7 grams off a plant!

Attachments

• Photo0476.jpg
    Photo0476.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 141
  • Photo0477.jpg
    Photo0477.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 107
Yes..was on day 28 from sprout. Im feeding them more than the regular plant got. regular was 8ml flora micro and 16 ml bloom (lucas formula). This one I gave 10 ml micro last 2 waterings. They're really flimsy..i don't even like looking at it as its so pathetic lol. I ont quit, but I for sure won't do auto's again once the other 3 are done as well. They grow really bad!!! Yes I ph..mid to upper 6 usually..never a fixed number. Watering every 6-7 days..once it feels dry enough. In the pic above..it was watered fully the day before (Friday).
You're only watering once a week? Or am I misunderstanding?

How does the Lucas formula work?

Back