For my autos I'm around 30" and still getting some light stress. But photos I'd settle around 24" for flower. I vegged with only the ts2000 at about 48" above canopy with barely any stretch.

:smoking:Give it more time, pls. I believe they will stretch soon

Day 28

Just when I think I have everything tied down, some new growth begins to emerge. Due to the way that this model of waterfarm is designed, I opted to not LST to zip ties in the holes that I'd drilled out because doing so would make it impossible to pull the grow chamber out of the res. I've been giving the root system everything that it needs to remain healthy so I think the health of the roots should be fine until harvest. That being the case, I installed some zip ties and started using those as anchoring points rather than doubling up on the 'jumbo paper clips'.

CBD Crack 2-22-20 (3).jpg

Day 29 / Week 5

I spotted what appeared to be a few fungus gnats zipping around the inside of the cabinet yesterday. Having had a prior issue with them while growing tomatoes in soil (in the same cabinet) ..I was fairly certain that they wouldn't be an issue in an RDWC but it turns out that it can happen. I immediately started looking into the possible cause. I had stopped using AN's Tarantula for the past week or so (thinking that the Carboload would feed the already established colonies of bennies) ..so I did another res change and used the Tarantula which contains bacillus thuringiensis (the active ingredient in mosquito dunks) which will seek out and destroy all kinds of larvae. I'm not sure if the established colonies got flushed away or what but it's a little disconcerting since Tarantula goes for $25 for 250ml at the local hydro shop. Fortunately, I'm only working with a 2 gallon res so I suppose it could be a lot worse.

This is how she looks this morning. Still stretching and still being tied down. I've decided to not to do any more defoliation unless it turns out to be absolutely necessary. A few more days and these exposed bud sites should start developing and I'm pretty excited about that. Watching this plant grow is like watching an artist paint or draw something that looks like a total mess at the beginning and then as time goes on the big picture starts to reveal itself.

CBD Crack 2-23-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-23-20 (4).jpg

Day 30 / Week 5

The best part of waking up isn't Folgers in my cup. It's this. Footloose and fungus gnat free.

CBD Crack 2-24-20 (7).jpg

Last edited:
Day 32 / Week 5

It looks like vegetative growth is slowing down. The past few days have been a lot of leaf tucking and more bending. Due to a lack of foresight, I've been forced to double up on LST anchoring. The paper clips work great but due to the waterfarm's design I can only fit so many per side. I had pre-drilled some holes and made some hoops out of zip ties but the hoops move around too much for my liking. I think that next time around I'm going to do all that I can to ensure that there's enough vertical growth to scrog and maybe even top a little sooner than I did this time.

CBD Crack 2-26-20 (2).jpg

CBD Crack 2-26-20 (4).jpg

Day 7

I didn't update yesterday because not much has changed. Although, the second set of leaves is definitely more pronounced now. I did a res change this morning an upped the nutes by 2.5ml per 2 gallons. I also started feeding air down into the res via the drain/view tube. Rather than attach an air stone, I simply found a fitting that fit the top of the tube. Doing so creates a nice bit of turbulence down in the res along with a rather relaxing "blub blub" sound.

View attachment 1154876
Little did I know that there's actually a word for forcing air up from the bottom of the reservoir. 'Flooming' ..It sounds made up but it's supposedly one of the more efficient ways of delivering dissolved oxygen to the reservoir.

Day 33 / Week 5

Vegetative growth hasn't fully stopped yet. From what I understand, it should stop by around day 35. An hour after these photos were taken, I decided to undo all of the tie downs and put the scrog screen on top. After doing so, I realized that pulling the well established bud sites back up through the screen was not going to be as easy as I'd anticipated so I took the screen out and re-tied down points that needed it. It was a hassle but it freed up some tie down points as a lot of the plant no longer needed to be tied down.

CBD Crack 2-27-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-27-20 (2).jpg

CBD Crack 2-27-20 (3).jpg

Last edited:
Day 35 / Week 6

It's safe to say that flowering has finally begun and I'm pretty excited about that.. (Then again, I've been pretty excited about every step along the way) ..I did a res change this morning and now that the snow has melted I'm able to empty the res contents in the yard rather than sending it down the drain. I've done my best to keep the canopy pretty even. Some bud sites sit an inch or two higher than some and others are well below the already short canopy. Once again, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

CBD Crack 2-29-20a (4).jpg

CBD Crack 2-29-20a (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-29-20a (2).jpg

Last edited:
Day 38 / Week 6

She's still hanging in there despite the extensive LST that I've done. I'm amazed at how flexible she is and how well she takes to defoliation. After watching Green75's 35 Day Autoflower Defoliation video, I gave her a little haircut the other day. I'm comfortable with how much I removed and where it came from. I'm just not sure if my doing so will delay harvest time or not. I don't really care if it's delayed by a week or two. I toyed with the idea of installing the scrog screen (again) and decided against it.. (Thanks again, @Proph) ..Outdoor temps are in the mid-50s today. The windows are open and the fresh air will do both of us some good.
CBD Crack 3-3-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 3-3-20 (5).jpg

Last edited:
Day 40

Initial LST had been done to create as many flower sites as possible and now that those are established the goal is to make sure that all tops stand about the same height. These photos were taken prior to my leveling things out this morning but she's coming together very nicely. Better than I had imagined.

CBD Crack 3-5-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 3-5-20 (4).jpg

CBD Crack 3-5-20 (5).jpg

CBD Crack 3-5-20 (6).jpg

Last edited:
Day 42

I added a 42W 2700K CFL yesterday. As my luck would have it, it slipped out of my hands and fell on the plant during the install. No harm done that I can see.

CBD Crack 3-7-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 3-7-20 (4).jpg

CBD Crack 3-7-20 (5).jpg

CBD Crack 3-7-20 (6).jpg

Back