Day 8

I know it's kind of pathetic to keep posting daily updates at this stage but things are slowly but surely unfolding. If this rate of growth is normal for an auto in DWC.. (is it?) ..then maybe these posts will be of some comfort to someone else that's waiting for their girl(s) to take off. I've found quite a few journals documenting DWC/auto grows but the majority of them never go into any detail about their seedling stage. It's lesson in patience, that's for sure.

Anyway, I added a 125gph dual outlet air pump to the res yesterday. It runs the four inch disc that sits in the res as well as the line that attaches to the view/drain tube.. (the 'blub blubs' have certainly gotten bigger) ..The other dual outlet pump runs the drip ring and another smaller air stone down in the res. This second stone was an afterthought and in order to get the line into the res I had to use one of the three pvc pipe staking points that I had drilled out when I modified the top chamber.

View attachment 1155173

View attachment 1155176

View attachment 1155178
Wish they can stretch soon~ Wish you have a great harvest there :bighug:

A week or so ago, someone had told me that before long this plant would be "off to the races". Well, I peeked inside the cabinet this afternoon and I think the race is about to begin. It definitely looks like it's ready to explode.

CBD Crack 2-13-20 (9).jpg

CBD Crack 2-13-20 (8).jpg

Day 21

A few days ago, I was all excited about the growth spurt that was about to happen. Well, last night it dawned on me that the window of opportunity for topping this little girl was about to close. So, I snipped her just above the fourth node. In hindsight, I should have snipped her sooner and above the third node. Oh well. Another lesson learned. I'll give it five or six days to recover and will begin to LST to the Waterfarm and then I'll adjust the scrog screen accordingly. I put the height-adjustable scrog screen in place to give myself a general idea of where I'd like it to be but will remove it to give me better access for the initial LST. As with most of the steps taken thus far, my fingers are crossed hoping that I haven't messed anything up. @Fitzy , if you have any LST / scrog suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Oh, and the blue pool noodle over the view/drain tube is an effort to prevent algae.
CBD Crack 2-15-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-15-20 (3).jpg

CBD Crack 2-15-20 (5).jpg

CBD Crack 2-15-20 (4).jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup, not really familiar with that style of rdwc. Going to Google in a few and see. I did notice a few problems that may arise though.

One is the temp, 78 day temp 68 nights in veg for most vigorous growth.

Second is if you go to those temps are you running hydroguard or a chiller? If not or you are having algae problems get some. I personally won't do Hydro without it no matter what.

Third those Mars lights are awesome by themselves, drop the blurple or set on a timer of 2 hours first when lights come on and 2 hours before lights out. But that is very indica dominant and with all that light I don't think you will see much stretch.

Nice setup, not really familiar with that style of rdwc. Going to Google in a few and see. I did notice a few problems that may arise though.

One is the temp, 78 day temp 68 nights in veg for most vigorous growth.

Second is if you go to those temps are you running hydroguard or a chiller? If not or you are having algae problems get some. I personally won't do Hydro without it no matter what.

Third those Mars lights are awesome by themselves, drop the blurple or set on a timer of 2 hours first when lights come on and 2 hours before lights out. But that is very indica dominant and with all that light I don't think you will see much stretch.
Thanks for the input, LazyNhazy. I appreciate it. Being in such a small space, I can only do so much to maintain the heat within the cabinet. I do know that I can only run this set up in the during the cooler months of the year and I'm okay with that. Keeping the doors open a crack seems to help with the higher temps and the little heater that I use at night can't create much more heat than already is. I'm running two different air pumps into the res. One of them is in the same room as the cabinet (but outside of the cabinet) and the other is in an adjoining room which is unheated and uninsultated. Low air temp in the box this morning was 64F with res temp at 67F which isn't bad considering that it was 4F outside when I woke up this morning. I just started using Sensizyme which, as I understand it, should pretty much do what Hydroguard does.

Interesting that you should mention dropping the blurlple. It's actually warmed things up a little more than I'd like but I figured the more light the better. If losing the blurlple would help with the stretch then I'm all for it because this thing is already a lot shorter than I'd like. Of course, it wasn't until it was germinated that I found out the CBD Crack is one of the shortest autos out there.

Last edited:
Less light will always produce more stretch, in not sure you will get much stretch from her but I still think the one Mars is plenty. I am running a ts2000 about 3ft from canopy and barely any stretch at all.

Less light will always produce more stretch, in not sure you will get much stretch from her but I still think the one Mars is plenty. I am running a ts2000 about 3ft from canopy and barely any stretch at all.
That makes total sense. I took your advice and I got rid of the blurple and I even raised the main lamp a few inches. I don't expect it'll do much stretching until it recovers from night's topping. I think the scrog screen might actually be overkill but if topping just before the fifth node will produce 8 colas than I suppose it's better to be prepared.

That makes total sense. I took your advice and I got rid of the blurple and I even raised the main lamp a few inches. I don't expect it'll do much stretching until it recovers from night's topping. I think the scrog screen might actually be overkill but if topping just before the fifth node will produce 8 colas than I suppose it's better to be prepared.
My approach to lst is move all branches a small amount as to not stress the plant and the earlier u can start directing the branches the better again being gentle that's how I do this hear are a few pics to show some I've got rite now.
20200214_090231.jpg
20200214_090244.jpg
20200213_105758.jpg

My approach to lst is move all branches a small amount as to not stress the plant and the earlier u can start directing the branches the better again being gentle that's how I do this hear are a few pics to show some I've got rite now.View attachment 1159389View attachment 1159390View attachment 1159391
Cool. thanks. I read somewhere to never make a 90 degree bend at once so I'll definitely move them a little bit each day until they're where I want them.

Back