Day 23

As anxious as I am to get started, I'm holding off on any LST until she recovers from the topping and starts to stretch a little more. Hoping to promote a little stretching, I removed the blurple a few days ago since the one Mars Hydro is plenty of light for this 2'x2' space. Being so Indica dominant, I'm not sure if she'll even stretch enough to scrog but I'll just have to play it by ear. I'm still ponytailing her for five hours a morning. After three weeks, she's finally getting fed as much as she'll ever get. I removed a few fan leaves yesterday. Other than that, all I can do is sit back and wait.

(From day 22)
CBD Crack 2-16-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-16-20 (2).jpg

From this morning (day 23)
CBD Crack 2-17-20  (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-17-20  (2).jpg

Day 21

A few days ago, I was all excited about the growth spurt that was about to happen. Well, last night it dawned on me that the window of opportunity for topping this little girl was about to close. So, I snipped her just above the fourth node. In hindsight, I should have snipped her sooner and above the third node. Oh well. Another lesson learned. I'll give it five or six days to recover and will begin to LST to the Waterfarm and then I'll adjust the scrog screen accordingly. I put the height-adjustable scrog screen in place to give myself a general idea of where I'd like it to be but will remove it to give me better access for the initial LST. As with most of the steps taken thus far, my fingers are crossed hoping that I haven't messed anything up. @Fitzy , if you have any LST / scrog suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Oh, and the blue pool noodle over the view/drain tube is an effort to prevent algae.
View attachment 1159268

View attachment 1159269

View attachment 1159270

View attachment 1159271

I love your facility, it's very interesting~ :headbang::headbang:

Less light will always produce more stretch, in not sure you will get much stretch from her but I still think the one Mars is plenty. I am running a ts2000 about 3ft from canopy and barely any stretch at all.

There is a customer who's leaves is kind of unhealthy when fipped to flower, I thought it was too much feed. But he insists on light burn. Thus , would you like to share how far do you keep your TS2000 away from cannopy in a flower stage and veg stage? Veg: 18''-24''? Flower: 12''-18'' ? How will you adjust the lighting height from plants present situation? :toke::toke::toke:

There is a customer who's leaves is kind of unhealthy when fipped to flower, I thought it was too much feed. But he insists on light burn. Thus , would you like to share how far do you keep your TS2000 away from cannopy in a flower stage and veg stage? Veg: 18''-24''? Flower: 12''-18'' ? How will you adjust the lighting height from plants present situation? :toke::toke::toke:
For my autos I'm around 30" and still getting some light stress. But photos I'd settle around 24" for flower. I vegged with only the ts2000 at about 48" above canopy with barely any stretch.

Day 24

I know that six days is the recommended post-topping recovery time but I feel pretty confident that this little girl is ready to be tied down even though she was topped just four days ago. I was late in my topping so I figured I should be early in my LSTing. Until this morning, I really couldn't see any possible tie down routes but it's starting to come together and it seems that the real fun has just begun. Rather than wrap the pipe cleaners around the stems, I just made a good solid hook and they seem to grab just fine. This will probably be the last day that she gets ponytailed and definitely the last day of taking photos with the hydroton exposed.
CBD Crack 2-18-20 (1).jpg

CBD Crack 2-18-20 (2).jpg

The RH is reading low because the doors of the cabinet had been open for several minutes.
CBD Crack 2-18-20 (3).jpg

Day 26

Yesterday morning, I had told myself 'Hands off until Monday' ..but I couldn't help but do some more pulling and yanking. Now when I look at her I can't get the following Three Stooges scene out of my mind and it has nothing to do with the Stretching Shemp / Stretching Hemp connection.

CBD Crack 2-20-20 (9).jpg

Last edited:
...Third those Mars lights are awesome by themselves, drop the blurple or set on a timer of 2 hours first when lights come on and 2 hours before lights out. But that is very indica dominant and with all that light I don't think you will see much stretch.

I did some shuffling around with my fans and the temps were averaging high 60s to low 70s so I put the blurple back in. I don't mind the extra light and don't mind if I don't see much stretch. Of course, if having the blurple will have a negative effect on final yield I'll have to figure something else out.

Day 27

Standing at a whopping 4.5 inches tall after LST, I'm wondering how it's going to be able carry any weight. I removed some fan leaves this morning and I felt no guilt as my doing so really opened her up to the light.

CBD Crack 2-21-20 (2).jpg

CBD Crack 2-21-20 (1).jpg

Back