Day 72 - Harvest

After a two day flush with un-pH'd water, I chopped my short little friend this morning. Manicuring took me about 6.5 - 7 hours. Since I'm the only one involved with this grow, and since the entire process was pretty sticky, I didn't bother to take any photos and I didn't bother to get a wet weight. I trimmed everything down to be no bigger than a golf ball (although there are a few buds that I left that might be twice the size) ..The root mass was pretty large. Not as white as I thought it might be but not totally nasty either. Not bad for my not having seen any roots since it was a seedling. Most buds were pretty dense and some were pretty fluffy. I managed to line the bottom two or three inches of three normal size paper grocery bags and another grocery bag that's half full of nice sticky trim. My guess is 2.5 to 3 ounces or so. After this, I'm anxious to see how much easier a harvest goes with a plant that hasn't been topped and heavily LST'd. Four or five days drying in the paper bags and then I'll post the dry weight. I'll also update the feeding schedule that I used in case someone else out there wants to use Advanced Nutrients in their DWC.

Last edited:
After five days in brown paper bags, the dry weight comes out to 101 grams / 3.5 ounces
which is much better than I had expected by about 1.5 ounces.
CBD Crack 4-11-20 - 101g - 3.5 oz (3).jpg

Smoke Report

After five days in brown paper bags, it seemed like it was time to jar them up. After checking on them late afternoon yesterday (and without mini hygrometers) they felt way too moist to be in jars. So, I bagged them up for another 12 hours and now they're definitely ready for the jars ..and smoking.

The first two bowls didn't knock my socks off but that might have to do with the fact that those bowls were packed with some of the larfier material. I threw some of the 'normal bud' into a vaporizer that's recently come into my possession hoping to get a little more experience with these new fangled gadgets. I still didn't feel a great buzz but I felt great physically and emotionally. It's certainly not a very stony high and there's not a lot of "my eyes feel red" feeling in the eyes. It tastes like bud that's not been fully cured but it's definitely a lot better than any of the brick weed that I smoked for a good portion of my smoking career. I used a Trim Bin and made a decent amount of kief with the trim that I had left over. After sprinkling a good amount on top of another bowl, I finally starting getting hits that felt more potent. I can't say that "It tastes fruity" or it has "..hints of this or that flavor (or smell)" ..It's smokeable, has a noticeable effect, it was free and growing it was a awesome experience from beginning to end.

I forgot to add the final copy of the feeding schedule. I used Tarantula and Carboload all the way through even though I probably didn't need to. The use of Sensizyme was to ensure that the res remained healthy which was really important since I had no way of checking the condition of the roots. I'll run a sterile system next time around (Sensi Bloom A&B, Cal-Mag and H2O2) and that'll eliminate the need for so many AN products.

Germination to first true leaves and visible roots
Sensi Bloom A&B 1ml ea per 1 gal
Tarantula at 4ml per 1 gal
Carboload at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 1

Sensi Bloom A&B 1ml ea per 1 gal
Tarantula at 7.5ml per 1 gal
Carboload at 7.5ml per 1 gal

Week 2 (day 7)

Sensi Bloom A&B at 4ml ea. per 1 gal
Tarantula at 5ml per 1gal
Sensizyme at 8ml per 1 gal
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 3 (day 14)
Sensi Bloom A&B at 6ml ea. per 1 gal
Tarantula at 5ml per 1 gal
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 4 (Day 21)
Sensi Bloom A&B at 8ml ea. per 1 gal
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 5 (day 28)

Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 6 (day 35)
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 7 (day 42)
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 8 (Day 49)
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Week 9 (Day 56)
Cal-Mag at 8ml per 1 gal

Week 10 (Day 63)

Sensi Bloom A&B at 6ml ea. per 1 gal
Overdrive at 8ml per 1 gal
Cal-Mag at 8ml per 1 gal

Week 11 (Day 70)
Sensi Bloom A&B at 3ml ea. per 1 gal
Overdrive at 8ml per 1 gal
Cal-Mag at 4ml per 1 gal

Flush for two days with tap water before harvest. No need to worry about pH.

Last edited:
Back