New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Yesterday I noticed a defect on a couple of leaves(Blue Mystic). These two leaves used to curl downwards and not they are either straight or curling upwards. The curling is not of great concern as much as the discoloration on the leaves. The defect seems to be confined to the tops of the leaves, not the bottom. Pictures below:

View attachment 900041

View attachment 900042

Perhaps this next image is an indication of over watering, and that this is fungus or mold damage??

Yes, I am looking for insight, not only for prevention, but for repair!

@Mañ'O'Green

View attachment 900043
You have a little algae growing on the rockwool. Not a big deal in small amounts. You can control that by preventing light getting to it. The leaves look like they may have been wet for a while? Watch to make sure this does not spread. If the plants are big enough you can just prune them off.

You have a little algae growing on the rockwool. Not a big deal in small amounts. You can control that by preventing light getting to it. The leaves look like they may have been wet for a while? Watch to make sure this does not spread. If the plants are big enough you can just prune them off.
OK. My plans with respect to the rockwool and algae, I have read that H2O2 is good for algae and have used it to some success in a small "ornamental" pond in my yard. I'll exacto-knive away the algae and apply drops of H2O2 to these areas. I will then cover the rockwool until each feeding.

As far as the two leaves go I have been very careful not to have wet leaves as I would flick the leaves of any water drops when this occurred, don't believe I missed any really. I may apply a bit of H2O2 with a ear swab and then dry to see what happens. If anything bad should happen I will prune these two leaves. When my lights come on again at 11PM I shall do my surgery.

OK. My plans with respect to the rockwool and algae, I have read that H2O2 is good for algae and have used it to some success in a small "ornamental" pond in my yard. I'll exacto-knive away the algae and apply drops of H2O2 to these areas. I will then cover the rockwool until each feeding.

As far as the two leaves go I have been very careful not to have wet leaves as I would flick the leaves of any water drops when this occurred, don't believe I missed any really. I may apply a bit of H2O2 with a ear swab and then dry to see what happens. If anything bad should happen I will prune these two leaves. When my lights come on again at 11PM I shall do my surgery.
Don't use H2O2. The spores for that algae are everywhere in your house,tent etc. and will just return if light is allowed to reach the moist surface. H2O2 will kill the very microbes we are trying to get established in your soil.

How big are your plants?

Don't use H2O2. The spores for that algae are everywhere in your house,tent etc. and will just return if light is allowed to reach the moist surface. H2O2 will kill the very microbes we are trying to get established in your soil.

How big are your plants?
The largest is 3.5in wide and 2in tall, the other is 2.5in wide by 2.5in tall.

P.S. I will be gone from Thursday - Monday, an event I can not get out of (Parents 60th Anniversary) so I need to band-aid this very quickly. Hope you have some ideas.

P.S. I will be gone from Thursday - Monday, an event I can not get out of (Parents 60th Anniversary) so I need to band-aid this very quickly. Hope you have some ideas.
Ok get some white styrofoam plates and glue tinfoil between two of them cut to the center and make a whole big enough for the stem to grow but still shade the soil to prevent algae growth. If you need to you can cut the plates in two pieces and tape them back together to make it easier to get them under and around the plant. Watch the two leaves over the next couple of days to make sure that problem is not spreading or just cut them off.

Did you get the water spikes?

Ok get some white styrofoam plates and glue tinfoil between two of them cut to the center and make a whole big enough for the stem to grow but still shade the soil to prevent algae growth. If you need to you can cut the plates in two pieces and tape them back together to make it easier to get them under and around the plant. Watch the two leaves over the next couple of days to make sure that problem is not spreading or just cut them off.

Did you get the water spikes?
I did get the water spikes and have tried them out. They seem to work. They are made of ceramic/plastic. Will buy some plates and do as you suggest. So, you want to make a double layer of Styrofoam with aluminum between them. What about a thicker disposable aluminum pie tin? I have to go find a water pressure control valve in town as Amazon's 2 Day shipping is going to take 7 days! I need to fix my boiler before I leave town.
I am still very concerned about the browning(sort of a dark sage green.eventually brown) of the leaves. It may be starting on all the plants.

The "browning" issue is not as bad as I had thought. So I may be in better shape than I had thought. When I viewed the plants thru the grow-room glasses I do not see what I thought I saw. I did prune the two affected leaves as they probably would not be helping much in to photosynthesis.

I did get the water spikes and have tried them out. They seem to work. They are made of ceramic/plastic. Will buy some plates and do as you suggest. So, you want to make a double layer of Styrofoam with aluminum between them. What about a thicker disposable aluminum pie tin? I have to go find a water pressure control valve in town as Amazon's 2 Day shipping is going to take 7 days! I need to fix my boiler before I leave town.
I am still very concerned about the browning(sort of a dark sage green.eventually brown) of the leaves. It may be starting on all the plants.
The idea is to keep the aluminum away from the soil. Nutrients will leach aluminum into the soil and it is toxic to the plants in even small amounts. but sandwiched in between two styrofoam plates it will totally block the light and the white plates will reflect the light back up without hot spots that can burn the leaves from underneath.

I need to see pictures of the whole plants and the browning you are talking about.

The idea is to keep the aluminum away from the soil. Nutrients will leach aluminum into the soil and it is toxic to the plants in even small amounts. but sandwiched in between two styrofoam plates it will totally block the light and the white plates will reflect the light back up without hot spots that can burn the leaves from underneath.

I need to see pictures of the whole plants and the browning you are talking about.
The aluminum pie tins have the elevated edge and the edge that does touch the soil is dry and will be for some time.................but I do get the aluminum leaching and toxicity issues is a good enough excuse to "not take a chance."

The "browning issue" is not really there, I do not believe, thus a photo will likely not show anything. If I have some time tomorrow, I will see if a photo reveals the sake thing I THOUGHT I saw.

Below is a pic of the Styro-Alum-Styro Algae Stopper...
algae-stopper.jpg

Back