New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

I'm looking for some tips on keeping my grow medium free of fungus/mildew/mold (whatever it is that likes to grow on its surface. I am notorious for having this problem. What preventive measures can I take, and if this fails, what can I add to the soil to take care of it?
Cover it with Orca Grow Film white side up or styrofoam insulation white side up. The thing you need to do is prevent light from getting to it. By using the Myco product it will out-compete any bad fungus. Keep temperatures above 65° to prevent molds. Keep the grow room clean. Wash your hands before working in the tent. In fact if I have been outside in my garden or have been to the hydro shop I shower and change clothes before getting near my grow. An ounce of prevention is worth ounces in the grow room. Ps. do not grow Marigolds in your yard outdoors they are a mite magnet.

Ps. do not grow Marigolds in your yard outdoors they are a mite magnet.

No Marigolds, no problem, never had em. But my raspberry plants had a case of spider mites last year or the year before.

No Marigolds, no problem, never had em. But my raspberry plants had a case of spider mites last year or the year before.
You need to be really careful not to bring those in to your grow tent by accident and don't leave doors or windows or your tent exhaust blowing in that direction those little SOBs can find a cannabis plant upwind.

The one seed strain "Industrial" shown in a recent pic has took a turn for the worst. It really looks like shit! I have begun the process of germinating a different strain of auto "King's Kush Auto CBD. It's size and grow duration is similar to the Blue Mystic. I will keep the "Industrial" strain planted, but hold little hope. These seeds do not seem to do well to what I have to offer them. A picture of the current sad state of this seedling will follow.

Strain Info for the new seed.

Breeder:........................Greenhouse Seed Co.
Genetics:.......................King's Kush x Ruderalis x High CBD Genetics
Variety:...........................Indica / Sativa
Flowering Type:............Auto-flowering
Sex:................................Feminized
THC Content:................5% - 8%
CBD Content:................5% - 8%
Yield:...............................Indoors: 600 gr/m2
Plant Height:..................80cm - 90cm
Flowering Time:.............7 weeks flowering,
Harvest Month:..............9 weeks from germination
Medical Conditions:......Pain
Medicinal Properties:...Yes
Effect:.............................Long-lasting, Physical

Strain Info for the new seed.

Breeder:........................Greenhouse Seed Co.
Genetics:.......................King's Kush x Ruderalis x High CBD Genetics
Variety:...........................Indica / Sativa
Flowering Type:............Auto-flowering
Sex:................................Feminized
THC Content:................5% - 8%
CBD Content:................5% - 8%
Yield:...............................Indoors: 600 gr/m2
Plant Height:..................80cm - 90cm
Flowering Time:.............7 weeks flowering,
Harvest Month:..............9 weeks from germination
Medical Conditions:......Pain
Medicinal Properties:...Yes
Effect:.............................Long-lasting, Physical
I have some Moby Dick CBD that is also a 1:1 strain it is great for daytime pain relief.

I have some Moby Dick CBD that is also a 1:1 strain it is great for daytime pain relief.
That's a Moby height at near 3 meters! I take it that an outdoor grow...

Nope, look at this 2.5x2.5x5 foot tent:
moby1.jpg
moby2.jpg
MobytooBig.jpg

The buds are all sideways and every which way from super cropping.

The buds are all sideways and every which way from super cropping.

Wow! You have a talent! Have you considered the "Pot Puppet Show" business? A bit too crazy for me right now, too busy trying to get my seeds out of the seedling stage!

We need a Moby Auto with the same qualities.

Last edited:
The seedling I am replacing as mentioned above. All the overexposed light tan color parts of the leaves are now dry and essentially dead, leaving very little surface area for the plant to absorb energy.
In_poor seedling2.jpg

The weather a few days ago. Usually we have our first short wave of summer by now...but not this year.
April Weather2.jpg

Back