New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Got the replacement Nutrients from Amazon today. Go figure, the expiration date was the same as the previous package, 11/2015. Called another supplier and they have nutrients dated to 2019 & 2020 depending on the size.

I assume your looking for pictures of my seedlings and not the expired nutrients! Will post tomorrow...
Yes pictures of your seedlings and setup, please.

I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and have had zero problems but I would send that one back also unless Humboldt says it is still good?

Speaking of expiration dates I really got a laugh out of this one:

salt1.jpg
salt2.jpg

pri·mor·di·al
prīˈmôrdēəl/
adjective
  1. existing at or from the beginning of time; primeval.
But it is going to go bad in a couple more years :rofl::rofl::rofl::funny::funny::funny:

Yes pictures of your seedlings and setup, please.

I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon and have had zero problems but I would send that one back also unless Humboldt says it is still good?
Spoke to Humbolt today. They are required by law to have an expiration date, just as the primordial salt is required to. They said the product is most likely good unless it has been exposed to high or freezing temps. I ordered the product from somewhere else, though, and will send the expired one back.

Pics:
error.JPG
This is as funny as the expiration date stuff!

Bm-1.jpg
Blue Mystic

In-1.jpg
Industrial

In-2.jpg
Industrial

This seedling had a rough night as the rockwool was not moist enough to make it through the night as the humidifier had stopped and fan dried it out.

I was waiting to insert the rockwool cubes into the coco until after I added the Myco Nutrients. So far the taproot has not come through the rockwool.

Growroom1.jpg

The Growroom thru growroom glasses

Fan 2 - light.jpg

One light and small fan.

Fan 1 - Humidifier.jpg

Second fan and humidifier

Sensors.jpg

Humidity and temperature sensors

Veggies.jpg

Veggies

Attachments

• Bm-2.jpg
    Bm-2.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Spoke to Humbolt today. They are required by law to have an expiration date, just as the primordial salt is required to. They said the product is most likely good unless it has been exposed to high or freezing temps. I ordered the product from somewhere else, though, and will send the expired one back.

Pics:
View attachment 891405 This is as funny as the expiration date stuff!

View attachment 891403 Blue Mystic

View attachment 891409 Industrial

View attachment 891410 Industrial

This seedling had a rough night as the rockwool was not moist enough to make it through the night as the humidifier had stopped and fan dried it out.

I was waiting to insert the rockwool cubes into the coco until after I added the Myco Nutrients. So far the taproot has not come through the rockwool.

View attachment 891408
The Growroom thru growroom glasses

View attachment 891407
One light and small fan.

View attachment 891406
Second fan and humidifier

View attachment 891411
Humidity and temperature sensors

View attachment 891412
Veggies
Nice photos. If the date was meaningless then they could put 2020 on it ? I would probably do the same and send it back. You can add this to the grow at any time; so no stress.

You can add this to the grow at any time; so no stress.
...and I was thinking that reducing the surface area exposure of the the rockwool cubes by placing them in the coco will help avoid the water loss by evaporation. Will place them in the soil!

Nice job getting Sprouts in rockwool. That was the first plug type of thing I tried back in the day and it was such a pain to use. These days I just start my seedlings directly in the Coco and their final pot. Although, There's so many Coco plugs out there that are pre charged with nutrients just ready to use that have Rockwool beat entirely.

Anyway, looking great [emoji106]

...and I was thinking that reducing the surface area exposure of the the rockwool cubes by placing them in the coco will help avoid the water loss by evaporation. Will place them in the soil!
The cubes will actually give water to the soil so water the cube and about 1-2 inches around it to a depth of about 1-2 inches below the cube. I know it is guess work but you get the idea.

I'm looking for some tips on keeping my grow medium free of fungus/mildew/mold (whatever it is that likes to grow on its surface. I am notorious for having this problem. What preventive measures can I take, and if this fails, what can I add to the soil to take care of it?

Back