Great looking unit @Fairlynew.

How much space do you need to cover with it currently? That's a massive hanging height, 18-24" is about right to cover a 2'x4' to 3'x5' space with that light. If she's a little to bright at that height use the veg switch/dimmer knob. With just 3 plants under it I'd drop it down and dim it. You'll use a little less power and gain a little efficiency as you dim.

Total wattage: 335
Lumens: 48,620
PAR watts: 150
PPF: 690
Efficiency: 50%

PPFD of 497 over a 3'x5' (and 3units in a 5'x9'), a very efficient grow. Probably wouldn't want to flower over a larger area than that without a little more light. I've been stealing this for ever, now I can finally tag @Tasty led for providing the led community with this.
PPFDvs-growth.png

I'd guess a generic 630w Chinese led light to produce ~750 PPF at most, so it's definitely up there for light production. I'd expect performance similar to a 600w HPS (ppf of ~1050 unlreflected, ~750 on the canopy) so I'm looking forward to seeing some big ole yields here. If you stop lighting the floor so much and fill that space with green that is. :smoking:

And of course the beautiful full spectrums of these white light cobs. (Pretend there's a 3500k below lol)
IMG_20160706_054144.jpg

10/4 Thank you for stopping by Atulip and guiding me in the right direction to use the light. I have never had a dimmer so it just slipped my mind. But is make total sense. I did not even think of that direction DUHH at least I have you here now to help this OLD grower. Can You explain the par watts . I want to cover a 4x4 if I could or at least see what I could do in a 4x4 section put it to its maximum

Par watts is just the amount of watts of energy going to pure light creation. With 150 par watts, and multipled by a QER of 4.65 for cxb 3500k 80CRI you end up with a PPF of 697. That's the light output of the lamp, the "average par" of a 1m2 space. PPF = Lumens for plants. PPFD is just the average adjusted to a particular space. There's more math and terms poorly explained here.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/led-terms-buying-guide-and-faq.53406/

It's not shaped well to cover a 4'x4' area, but you could run it diagonal across that sized space and hang it maybe 30" up. Similar PPFD as a 3'x5', 466, on the low end for flowering but should be very efficient. Maybe remove the reflectors from the center 2 cobs to spread a bit more towards the far corners. If you can spring for a cheap lux meter, that's the better way to see how your lights being spread. Something like one of these.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-100-000-...991931?hash=item4ad230c6fb:g:NbwAAMXQ1d1TJqOx

You can also convert lux to par, and at least get some ballpark par figures from a lux meter.

.0143 for the cxb 3500k 80cri. So 10,000 lux * .0143 = 143 Ppfd.

Hi @Atulip, nice to see a familiar face here :)

I've noticed people tend to hang them high even if they're being used in the recommended area. The lamps are designed to be hung 14-16" above the canopy under established plants. Nothing necessarily wrong with hanging it high in a reflective enclosure, but during flower formation don't be afraid to get it down on the plants. If you want to give it a run across a 4x4 I would be curious to see how it does. It's a 300w lamp so it's not going to rival a 1000w HID but I think it would do a pretty good job. Removing the middle reflectors might help spread the light out a bit.

Thank you MR tasty and we will find out because we are going to try it in a 4X4 area.. I left it high for now atulip old habits die hard when using a non dimmable and I am starting three toof decay in the far corner so i want the light to sprawl a bit oh yea three more a iluminautos. Here is a picture update I moved one more under it it is a high cbd strain from dinafem sorry they were gifted pre release and they did not mark the container well enough to tell so it is called Vashanicia sorry for being long winded here is some pics. And the light is amazing simple as that which you will here me say often from here on in
IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG

Last edited:
I have three iluminatuos DOUBLE GRAPE going under the light and three more toof decay. They will be journaled an started as seedlings under the corner in it 4X4 area now this is all new to me and math says know but IM going to push this light to its maximum simple as that the growth has been very good I dropped the height of the light it felt right.

Here is a picture update I am running toof decay six of them and a think Big and I think Industrial plant CBD auto by Dina fem day 21. I have the light 18 inches form the one side of the tent it is 30 inches above the canopy and 32 inches away from the seedlings that popped just perfect. Three double grape and three toof decay are the seedlings two toof decay are a day behind they are the seedlings that will be grown under the same light hopefully. I will push her to its limits
IMG_3241.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3237.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3207.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG
IMG_3202.JPG
IMG_3201.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 87
Thank you Big SmO. Here is a update this lights is dong just as good as 630 watts of apollo leds if not better. The second shot is seedlings going strong two toof decay were a few days behind one still be saucy and but she will crack right out I have faith

IMG_3266.JPG
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG
IMG_3259.JPG
IMG_3258.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3256.JPG
IMG_3254.JPG
IMG_3253.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG

Back