Shitty deal Brother.

Mine dims down to 10%, Kevin said the potentiometer is linear. I started at less than 1/2 on the dial. I and watched as they worshiped adding a little more light each day till I saw the leaf edges saw tooth or look serrated then stopped for a few days to harden them off. My half power is 700ma so your 1/3 from Full dim @3o inches if your driver reduces down to the same 10%. I am @ full power now end week three or your 2/3 power @ 30 inches. Edit but I may reduce to encourage stretch

:pass:

sd unsexed.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Last edited:
That little one will bounce right back All my HBSS are a few days behind they had a rough time cracking there seed but none the less they cracked and are growing.

Wow I am really curious how this light will perform. I have heard a lot of good stuff about these Cree -leds! Efficiency should be at 50% and that is HUGE! Hope you get that lil one going alright!

Last edited:
@Tasty I am just blown away with this light. The production of my seedlings under it are all way ahead of anything else in my tent. I am a true beleiver in cree technology and high end drivers. If you can explain in laymens terms why you chose running of 2100ma instead of 1400ma so that the regular Joe can understand. Why they should chose your light over others. Plus could you give us the skinny on what your new lights are going to run and why? Thank you @Tasty

Hi Fairlynew,

2100ma provides 50% efficiency from the emitters which was my original minimum target for a higher end retail lamp. 1400ma is more efficient (56%) but costs more to get the same light levels. At 50% efficiency I've been able to provide good efficiency at a good price for a lamp that provides excellent output in the target area. I have offered 1400ma options and they have sold well, but 2100ma has been the most in demand.

The new lamps (T2-4) will be standard 57% emitter efficiency, while also using a 3000K 80CRI spectrum. This bumps the red ratio up a bit while also increases the photon count (57% efficient 3000K = more photons than 57% 3500K). Also 3000K 80CRI provides a bit more red without bumping up the IR output so the stretch under 3000K 80CRI will be no different than under 3500K 80CRI. This means the 3000K spectrum will still be full cycle and makes an excellent veg or flower light source. Because I'm hitting the light levels I like in the target areas I decided rather than just bump up the output, decreasing the electrical use was a good plan. The new lamps will use about 10% less energy and provide 5% more light. Should have them hitting the website in about a week. Lots of people asking about them so I'm not sure how the stock will look and I will be scrambling to start another batch. Doing all the manufacturing myself was a good deal at first but it's become something that's holding me back, so I will be working this new year to get some 3rd party manufacturing involved, hopefully without changing the build. If I do end up changing the build it will still need to provide the performance I expect and the components will remain top notch.

Regarding your questions about the veg stage, if you keep them at the recommended height you should keep the lamp dimmed pretty good for the first 4-7 days. One primary issue is the root system. Intense light will cause the plants to transpire rapidly and if the root system isn't ready to keep up with the water/nute demand it can cause problems. This is even true in hydro. But that short period where the roots are getting established doesn't take a lot of light, so keeping things dimmed for the first 4-5 days or so isn't going to slow things down much if at all. As soon as you see a growth spurt in the stem you know the roots are established and can crank up the output.

Or if it's just easier to keep the lamp higher and dim less there's nothing wrong with that, also works well if you are adding new plants in an area with established plants.

This light is smashing my plants out of the park day 15 from seed. I am blown away with the growth and I picked some big strains to put under this. They do outperform my cheaper lights by how much I could not say but very noticeable. @Tasty I know you will be hands on with the third party manufacturing. You are always staying ahead of the game you make a great product evenly spaced Cobs that I know I can grow four xl autos to xxl autos easy from seed to finish in 3 gallon containers I am going to push it to it's full capacity and watch them explode into huge BUD. I Have it at 20 inches above perfect for now and turned right up it is designed for a two foot by four foot area easy. I switched out days ago my HBSS for a healthier one the hbss I think may have virus in the particular plant due to the crinkling of the leaves. I will not waste my time with a deformed plant period. They all seem to be a little behind the HBSS that is a first for sure

IMG_4552.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG
IMG_4554.JPG
IMG_4555.JPG
IMG_4556.JPG

Here is a update while in VEG I moved four more undermy TASTY light why I had too. The T4-2100 was blowing away all my other lights. I could not stand to see the madding so much better so I piled as many as I could under for the rest of veg anyways. They are on DAY 21

IMG_4601 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4602 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4603 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4604 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4605 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4607 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4608 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4609.JPG
IMG_4610 - Edited.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4606 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_4606 - Edited.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 109
If they look a little off I just did a major leaf tuck. By the way this is the best 670.00 US you could ever spend on a led grow light PERIOD

Some up date pictures. day24 for four of them I ha to move four more under it. I was getting upset seeing the @Tasty light blow the pants off of my other lights.
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4659 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4658 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4656 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4651.JPG
IMG_4655 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4645 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4649 - Edited.jpg
IMG_4646 - Edited.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4640 - Edited.jpg
    IMG_4640 - Edited.jpg