New Grower Candy Cane Auto - Mega Crop - Promix HP

Autos have a short time frame to grow, flower and reproduce, messing with the roots at anytime is a bad idea. By that I mean transplanting or potting on. It is best to sow the seed where it will grow so no trauma. That said the system I am using now has a transplant of sorts but I make it as gentle as possible. Read my current grow for a full description.
certainly a good guideline to grow by. I am however going to be transplanting the plant in the solo cup, the idea was to bring it upstairs and have as a fun house plant, but based on it's strength in comparison to the super small plant in the 3 gal, I might just swap them, but the small one upstairs now and transplant the solo cup plant into a 3 gal and keep in the tent with her sister.

The ugly stepchild can go upstairs and suffer. haha

Day 7:

Alright, well after lowering the light and upping the amount of Mega Crop to 270ppm, I've noticed a significant increase in growth compared to previous days. (Mental note, start light at 18-20", maybe even lower)

The leaves have widened out, new growth has started, a more desirable green is coming back and I haven't noticed any signs of nute burn due to the increase in food. Pretty exciting!

I do however still see signs of something but not quite sure what it is. @Mañ'O'Green suggested the off chance that it could be variegation, but it's too early to tell and went on to recommend not to go chasing symptoms, real or unreal, not yet anyways and I 100% agree with that.

That said, one thought I had was if perhaps this is the starting signs of a cal/mag deficiency. I have a bottle of calmag on hand but wanna wait on that until I'm more certain of wtf is going on, if anything. I don't want to be the bad kind of helicopter gardener.

I've been feeding at a pH of around 6.2 but I'm going to lower it to 5.8 next time I mix a new batch of Mega Crop, unless I see any further decline since I've already corrected a couple of things.

I've also gone ahead and watered the entire pot all the way through since, as explained to me, roots don't grow into dry soil or medium and the soil needs to be hydrated in order for the beneficial microbes and bacteria to activate and do their thang, which was also suggested by @Mañ'O'Green and I think that makes perfect logical sense and aligns with some other reading I've done and so far, no sings of the ol' overwater wilts.

Other than that, temps have been at 77 and RH is at 78-79%

This one's doing the best in terms of colour.
IMG_0748.jpg

The close up. This morning, the second set of leaves were just the one finger but a few hours after the light turned on, I went and checked again and there was now a couple more fingers showing! I was pretty excited.
IMG_0749.jpg

Here's the one to the right side of the tent, this is the one I'm most concerned about...
IMG_0750.jpg

The close up. See the light green veins, some spotting and mutant starter leaves? Not to mention and hard to see in the above photo, the stem hasn't really fattened up like the other two have.
IMG_0751.jpg

Here's the solo cup girl, I'm fairly certain I'll be replacing the currently sickly looking plant with the solo cup girl after a careful transplant
IMG_0752.jpg

The close up. There's a little bit of spotting on the second set of leaves but it doesn't appear to be progressing.
IMG_0753.jpg

That is variegation as I have seen it many many times in seedling cannabis. If you are mixing a couple of gallons or more of the MegaCrop at one time (more is better) you will get a more balanced nutrient content. It is difficult to get a homogeneous blend if only pulling a few grams of the dry mix at once. Move up to 400 PPMs for the next fertigation. I forget is that a soil/coco blend? if so keep PH 6.2-6.5 if all coco go 5.6-6.2. I read so many threads I get confused.

appreciate the input @MrOldBoy @Mañ'O'Green @BCBUDY !

i think ive been over drying the soil and under watering...

i usually presoak the whole pot before dropping the seed.
water about 50-100ml (as seedling) when soil gets dry (top 2" and/or pot weight) and increase as they get older
slowly increase the water as the plants get older..

going to try and attempt an easier way and just soak when pot is light(er) but not fully dry..

Day 7:

Alright, well after lowering the light and upping the amount of Mega Crop to 270ppm, I've noticed a significant increase in growth compared to previous days. (Mental note, start light at 18-20", maybe even lower)

The leaves have widened out, new growth has started, a more desirable green is coming back and I haven't noticed any signs of nute burn due to the increase in food. Pretty exciting!

I do however still see signs of something but not quite sure what it is. @Mañ'O'Green suggested the off chance that it could be variegation, but it's too early to tell and went on to recommend not to go chasing symptoms, real or unreal, not yet anyways and I 100% agree with that.

That said, one thought I had was if perhaps this is the starting signs of a cal/mag deficiency. I have a bottle of calmag on hand but wanna wait on that until I'm more certain of wtf is going on, if anything. I don't want to be the bad kind of helicopter gardener.

I've been feeding at a pH of around 6.2 but I'm going to lower it to 5.8 next time I mix a new batch of Mega Crop, unless I see any further decline since I've already corrected a couple of things.

I've also gone ahead and watered the entire pot all the way through since, as explained to me, roots don't grow into dry soil or medium and the soil needs to be hydrated in order for the beneficial microbes and bacteria to activate and do their thang, which was also suggested by @Mañ'O'Green and I think that makes perfect logical sense and aligns with some other reading I've done and so far, no sings of the ol' overwater wilts.

Other than that, temps have been at 77 and RH is at 78-79%

This one's doing the best in terms of colour.
View attachment 1115950

The close up. This morning, the second set of leaves were just the one finger but a few hours after the light turned on, I went and checked again and there was now a couple more fingers showing! I was pretty excited.
View attachment 1115951

Here's the one to the right side of the tent, this is the one I'm most concerned about...
View attachment 1115952

The close up. See the light green veins, some spotting and mutant starter leaves? Not to mention and hard to see in the above photo, the stem hasn't really fattened up like the other two have.
View attachment 1115953

Here's the solo cup girl, I'm fairly certain I'll be replacing the currently sickly looking plant with the solo cup girl after a careful transplant
View attachment 1115954

The close up. There's a little bit of spotting on the second set of leaves but it doesn't appear to be progressing.
View attachment 1115955
Bring your rh down.

That is variegation as I have seen it many many times in seedling cannabis. If you are mixing a couple of gallons or more of the MegaCrop at one time (more is better) you will get a more balanced nutrient content. It is difficult to get a homogeneous blend if only pulling a few grams of the dry mix at once. Move up to 400 PPMs for the next fertigation. I forget is that a soil/coco blend? if so keep PH 6.2-6.5 if all coco go 5.6-6.2. I read so many threads I get confused.
So it is in fact variegation! Very interesting! This is good information for me to learn, thanks brother.

No not soil/coco, I'm using straight Promix HP, which is why I believe I should be running with soilless PH ranges.

400 PPM? Man, I feel like that's a bit hot this early in the game, no? While the plants are only a week old, I find the vast majority of folks are only doing 1g per gal. That equals roughly 140PPM and I'm currently at 270.

However, seeing as I've never grown an auto with Mega Crop before, perhaps because it's an auto, I need to move quicker with the upping of PPMs.

So you think it's safe to go up to 400ish PPMs at only a week old?

So it is in fact variegation! Very interesting! This is good information for me to learn, thanks brother.

No not soil/coco, I'm using straight Promix HP, which is why I believe I should be running with soilless PH ranges.

400 PPM? Man, I feel like that's a bit hot this early in the game, no? While the plants are only a week old, I find the vast majority of folks are only doing 1g per gal. That equals roughly 140PPM and I'm currently at 270.

However, seeing as I've never grown an auto with Mega Crop before, perhaps because it's an auto, I need to move quicker with the upping of PPMs.

So you think it's safe to go up to 400ish PPMs at only a week old?
no, shouldnt even be using nutes til day 10 in promix hp. I use it exclusively with Greenleaf nutrients.

My ph is between 6.4- 7.0 from well water in promix ph the entire grow and my plants consistently yield over 130gr dry.

no, shouldnt even be using nutes til day 10 in promix hp. I use it exclusively with Greenleaf nutrients.
Hey bud. Yeah some people don't use nutes with promix for the first little while and some people do. I fall into the category of using nutes with promix early on. Promix doesn't have much in it, so I believe using nutes early on with promix is essential.
My ph is between 6.4- 7.0 from well water in promix ph the entire grow and my plants consistently yield over 130gr dry.
Yup, I've read a lot of people using the soil PH range with promix and do just fine, but I've discovered the vast majority of people using promix prefer soilless PH ranges versus soil PH ranges, so that's what I decided to do.

If I notice definite PH related issues, then I'll slowly adjust it over to soil PH ranges, but so far I'm not seeing any concrete evidence that I'm having PH related issues yet.

Hey bud. Yeah some people don't use nutes with promix for the first little while and some people do. I fall into the category of using nutes with promix early on. Promix doesn't have much in it, so I believe using nutes early on with promix is essential.

Yup, I've read a lot of people using the soil PH range with promix and do just fine, but I've discovered the vast majority of people using promix prefer soilless PH ranges versus soil PH ranges, so that's what I decided to do.

If I notice definite PH related issues, then I'll slowly adjust it over to soil PH ranges, but so far I'm not seeing any concrete evidence that I'm having PH related issues yet.
right on, best of luck.

Back