Calmag with hard water for autopots???

Hello, need some advice, I'm not far away from setting up my 8pot autopot grow, just trying to get all the info I can before hand, will I need to add calmag to the rez, I live in a hard water area, if so how much and when, and if not bonus. Cheers people
As to the hard water issue...most problems come from water issues, wrong ph being a biggie, with quality being pretty far up there. Knowing what's in your water to start can head off many problems before they spring up. Being in a hard water area most likley there's already calcium in it along with other trace minerals....distilled or RO water gives you a basic damn near 0 ppm and a clean slate to start from.

As to the hard water issue...most problems come from water issues, wrong ph being a biggie, with quality being pretty far up there. Knowing what's in your water to start can head off many problems before they spring up. Being in a hard water area most likley there's already calcium in it along with other trace minerals....distilled or RO water gives you a basic damn near 0 ppm and a clean slate to start from.
I know what you're saying bill. But I haven't got time space or equipment for ro water. I hear people with hard water rarely have to or at all add calmag. But I just want to know from some actual pros what they think. Yourself included. My mate did 36 rhyzo pots with coco and never had an issue in my cellar. But we don't speak anymore. So I can't ask him hahha.

Right now I'm running photos in FFHF, store bought RO that I mix 50/50 with my well water, add MC then ph....almost never have to adjust. When I do I just add a little more of either water type to get it there. So far the cal-mag, ph up, ph down are gathering dust on the shelf.

Was also thinking that with the autopots system and the way hard water deposits minerals when it dries etc. It might start interfering with the valve operation necessitating a complete cleaning. Just guessing looking ahead at potential problems down the road.

Was also thinking that with the autopots system and the way hard water deposits minerals when it dries etc. It might start interfering with the valve operation necessitating a complete cleaning. Just guessing looking ahead at potential problems down the road.
I've not heard of many problems mate long as you use a line cleaner with it.

you need to google your water like I said bro and it tells you what makes your water hard that's how mog judges the calcium etc

Hardness Level
ValueHard
StandardNo standard applies
UK/EU Limit
Hardness Clark
Value14.95
UK/EU LimitDegrees Clark
Hardness German
Value11.96
UK/EU LimitGerman Degrees