Dinafem Bubba Kush Auto - Harvested

Day 45 - She is sick, really Likesick, please help! She started drooping 3 days ago and then I remembered she has a smaller pot than my fruit auto so I might overwater her. I let her dry out a bit and didn't water yesterday and today,she is still drooping and more yellow leaves! The pot was quite dry so I gave her 500ml water+nutes.I am very worried now. @MesaBoogie @Beerhunter CDN @jumper114

Attachments

• Day 45 (1).jpg
    Day 45 (1).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Day 45 (2).jpg
    Day 45 (2).jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Day 45 (3).jpg
    Day 45 (3).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Day 45 (4).jpg
    Day 45 (4).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 82
It does look like over watering to me ... but not something I am familiar with - growing in coco. The leaves seem full but drooping.

Hope a soil person pops bye :)

If in coco it is pretty hard to overwater! Not impossible but very hard.

Could be sulking from under watering ... I water in coco twice a day if manual feeding.

What is your ec runoff ? Ph runoff?

She does look overwatered @Trooperwife. You shouldn’t be too concerned about overwatering with coco at this stage. When you do water have you been watering to runoff? Are you waiting until the pot is light when you pick it up? Do you have a moisture probe?

If in coco it is pretty hard to overwater! Not impossible but very hard.

Could be sulking from under watering ... I water in coco twice a day if manual feeding.

What is your ec runoff ? Ph runoff?

I don't do run off, as the fruit auto pot was 12L, and I know 1.6L will start to have run off so I hand feed everyday with 500ml-1L everyday. Since I forgot the pot of the Bubba is smaller and I still feed 1L in the last week, so thought it could be overwater. But the bottom of the pot is dry, no run off, double check and recalibrate the pH meter etc. pH is 5.8.

She does look overwatered @Trooperwife. You shouldn’t be too concerned about overwatering with coco at this stage. When you do water have you been watering to runoff? Are you waiting until the pot is light when you pick it up? Do you have a moisture probe?

I water when the pot is light and put my finger in to the coco to feel how dry/moist it is. I have heard that it is very difficult to overwater coco but the drooping leaves say differently. Now it's been 3 days, she is still drooping and more concern about the yellow leaves.

Even one of those cheap soil meters will help!

I pot lift everyday - to gauge my watering.

The new soil moisture monitors I picked up from Amazon have made this aspect a lot easier :) 60$ justified from savings not going to street and losing a part of sour livers 1 :-(

Always water to run off IMO with coco - hard to know the whole pot is nice and wet.

With coco, you don’t need to water every day but at the age of this plant you need to water to runoff about 10-20% runoff for the amount that you feed. Water to runoff every time, it will avoid salt buildup in the medium changing the pH. Sometimes the pot will feel light and be dry at the top but there’s lots of moisture lower down. I use a cheap, green, gardening moisture meter to double check the moisture lower in the pot.
You can still over water in frequency of watering but it’s hard to give the plant too much water and drown it as coco tends to drain so well.

With coco, you don’t need to water every day but at the age of this plant you need to water to runoff about 10-20% runoff for the amount that you feed. Water to runoff every time, it will avoid salt buildup in the medium changing the pH. Sometimes the pot will feel light and be dry at the top but there’s lots of moisture lower down. I use a cheap, green, gardening moisture meter to double check the moisture lower in the pot.
You can still over water in frequency of watering but it’s hard to give the plant too much water and drown it as coco tends to drain so well.

Once 20 - 25 days old I start the auto drain to waste - two hourly drip feeding and auto pots works well in my experience. Just having to get nute strength right :)

I seem to run 99% - 88% soil humdity over the two hours.

Once 20 - 25 days old I start the auto drain to waste - two hourly drip feeding and auto pots works well in my experience. Just having to get nute strength right :)

I seem to run 99% - 88% soil humdity over the two hours.

Thanks guys for the advises and I have to start doing the run off from now on. I will post an update later today and hope she will recover soon.

Back