Indoor Boognelson makes hippie snacks

@Fitzy @BCBudlady are these seeds done that are popping out? If not how can you tell how much further. Thanks
20200814_101549.jpg

Thanks, What grain sandpaper.
I just use whatever I can find in my shop. Just scratching the surface lets water seep through easier. Someone else here said as a last resort they actually crack the shell. I haven't done that.

I've been picking seeds when they look a bit darker those in your picture. I just put my finger against those husks and the seeds sometimes just drop out. I've got several plants though that have plenty of seeds ready but I'm trying to let them go longer as some seeds aren't as far along. I want to get as many seeds as possible. But if I wait too long I'm afraid when I cut the plant seeds will start falling everywhere as they are outside.

Pick a couple and see if they will germinate. I dropped several that didn't look fully mature in a pot of soil and forgot about them and they are growing now. Try to let them go until the have definite mottled appearance.

I just use whatever I can find in my shop. Just scratching the surface lets water seep through easier. Someone else here said as a last resort they actually crack the shell. I haven't done that.

I've been picking seeds when they look a bit darker those in your picture. I just put my finger against those husks and the seeds sometimes just drop out. I've got several plants though that have plenty of seeds ready but I'm trying to let them go longer as some seeds aren't as far along. I want to get as many seeds as possible. But if I wait too long I'm afraid when I cut the plant seeds will start falling everywhere as they are outside.

Pick a couple and see if they will germinate. I dropped several that didn't look fully mature in a pot of soil and forgot about them and they are growing now. Try to let them go until the have definite mottled appearance.
Thanks I thought it was early. I was planning giving them 6 weeks since pollination. It's been 4 weeks. And thanks for the tip. Next time I will try

Thanks I thought it was early. I was planning giving them 6 weeks since pollination. It's been 4 weeks. And thanks for the tip. Next time I will try
That's wat I was saying to you 5wks is generally wat I've seen and when they start spilting the case like that take a few that look as close as possible you should let them sit for a few weeks for best results but I've actually had seeds like that outdoors that grew tails the caylaxes were brownish but only those first pistol sites so another thing is even ones that look bad seed wise will most likely grow as I've found lots growing in my compost pile and I only threw out white seeds but they still grew. I would guess 90% of the seeds that are within the first few hairs grown will be dine some will never develop also the plant will mature faster vs a non pollenated plant @least in my experience and so far all my pollenated plant had more amber trichs before I chopped in comparison to an unpollenated female.

That's wat I was saying to you 5wks is generally wat I've seen and when they start spilting the case like that take a few that look as close as possible you should let them sit for a few weeks for best results but I've actually had seeds like that outdoors that grew tails the caylaxes were brownish but only those first pistol sites so another thing is even ones that look bad seed wise will most likely grow as I've found lots growing in my compost pile and I only threw out white seeds but they still grew. I would guess 90% of the seeds that are within the first few hairs grown will be dine some will never develop also the plant will mature faster vs a non pollenated plant @least in my experience and so far all my pollenated plant had more amber trichs before I chopped in comparison to an unpollenated female.
Sweet thank ya

General rule is six wks from pollination. They will get a spotted/mottled appearance ideally. Does not mean they won’t germ at brownish only, so don’t discard them. Breeders can’t/shouldn’t sell at a lesser maturity, but many will be viable.
Hang on for a bit longer.

Day 57: giving plain water til day 70
.that'll be harvest day for the pollinated lady. The other 2 look to be more day 80ish as of now so they still are being fed. Loving the results so far
20200817_100257.jpg
20200817_100310.jpg
20200817_100408.jpg
20200817_100359.jpg
20200817_100350.jpg
20200817_100428.jpg

Day 57: giving plain water til day 70
.that'll be harvest day for the pollinated lady.

I harvested one of my pollinated plants today. I let it go to where most of the leaves were dying off and the husk around most seeds were turning brown. Trimmed the buds off each stem and put them inside a Frisbee and just rubbed the buds a bit and seeds were falling into the Frisbee like crazy. Nice big large seeds. I must have got 500 seeds out of the one plant. I then put the seeds in a room with a dehumidifier to make sure the moisture level get down before putting them in a jar. I had some I harvested from a plant a week ago and I had put them in an envelope and noticed a seed had molded surrounded by other seeds. I hadn't thought about just harvested seeds having a high moisture content.

Last edited:
That's
I harvested one of my pollinated plants today. I let it go to where most of the leaves were dying off and the husk around most seeds were turning brown. Trimmed the buds off each stem and put them inside a Frisbee and just rubbed the buds a bit and seeds were falling into the Frisbee like crazy. Nice big large seeds. I must have got 500 seeds out of the one plant. I then put the seeds in a room with a dehumidifier to make sure the moisture level get down before putting them in a jar. I had some I harvested from a plant a week ago and I had put them in an envelop and noticed a seed had molded surrounded by other seeds. I hadn't thought about just harvested seeds having a high moisture content.
That's a good haul of seeds. My one I had in the solo cup then transferred to one gallon had 180 orsomething.d it's written down in here somewhere. Good haul regardless but not 500 lol. And that is good to know about the moisture. And good thing you caught that early. What strains are you working with?

Back