Photoperiod Repros and possible crosses

:bighug: Riiiibbz! How ya been ya bugger? :passit::d5: It's great to see you active here again!

Ahhh, dwelling in ACE's garden is fine place to be- :eyebrows:.... They have put out some fantastic stuff last year, like the New Caledonia! I've gotten to see some grows of select pheno's, a few with red-blood sap no less :thumbsup: ... they were damn nice buds too!
BTW, you did miss a fabulous auto Zam I grew last year; what a treat she is too! I got a very nice pheno- :greenthumb:Allow me to review for you here.... And thank you for waving her in my face several times- :rofl:
View attachment 1404178 View attachment 1404179 View attachment 1404180 View attachment 1404181 View attachment 1404182 ..... one of the nicest auto's I've had in fact! Aroma settled on an enticing blend of citrus/metallic, licorice, dash of sweet floral... very nice Sati' type high, with a decent body relaxing element to her as well... She was quick too, 8 weeks about!

Your line-up sounds interesting mate, I'll have to look E$kobar up....
Satori is a sure winner, and I'm still waiting for somebody to bloody make some fem's! :doh: ...
At another private from I'm at, Satori is a popular and respected cultivar used in a variety of breeding projects. One chap made a Satori x Original Haze F1 that shown like a prom queen in every grow so far! .... did we talk about The Door x O.Haze before, and me waiting for this crazy fast cross to become available? I ran that OD's last season, and she is everything as advertised! ...more on that later,...

VB, there's another choice heirloom type some of the real Sati'-nuts over there have been running and breeding with... I hope you get a gal, and she isn't a 16 week bloomer :nono: :rofl: .... some of these guys who run these super long cycle Sati's are seriously dedicated to the task, and the unique high they offer!
One guys currently has an OHz that's a dead ringer for the Dr.Grinspoon bead-on-a-string bud pheno,... it looks like a 'fro now, dunno how the hell he's going to harvest and dry that wad, as he has her well woven together!

>>>> The crew is coming along swimmingly my man!

On the Satori males, wouldn't you want a fast male (if nice enough) for breeding? Just curious,...
From what feedback I'm seeing, the warmer T's will be well received by the Sati'-dom. crew :coffee:.....

Buds pics are juicy! :woody: What sort of aromas did you get off them?
The Zam x KC comes well recommended at that forum as well, ditto for the other crosses with it... I've not run anything KC yet, she keeps getting bumped by other stuff :rolleyes2: (seed sharing at this place is off the charts!)... Ahh but I have run a nice New Malawi Killer cross, NMK x Orange Glue, last season as well,
private bred... Both were very strongly NMK dom., I can't see or smell a hint of the O. Glue in them. As expected, it's a fierce Sativa high mate, I was warned by the breeder that she can be a real cruise missile ride, no soft dreamy magic carpet ride sativa-style from it at all! This is that freak-out psychoactive high that some poor sods experience if they overindulge- :dizzy: ...so interesting juxtaposed to the DOHz cross, a much different high... same Sati' coin, opposite sides! Now I sorta know what a cracking buzz Golden Tiger must have offered,... Woooo!
One guy made shatter from NMKOG, had a very rough night, and never hit that again- this from a heavy smoker- :eek1: :haha: ... (get with me in PM if interested)

:jointman: Cheers Ribbz, I'm looking forward to your show here!

Wassup big man!

Yeah, been a while. Life plods on, but should be on the up and up, the doctor releases me from my leg iron AGAIN this week, hopefully normal service can be resumed.

I'm well happy you dived into Ace, and what a beaut you've grown. She is stunning. 8 weeks too, I never had one go 8, but the terp profile you mention is very familiar, the liquorice and metalic in particular. Ace has some really out there terps, from grilled meat, really spicy incense, the Hashplant Haze x Kali China I've just finished smells of shit, old, rotten shit, with a hint of berry, sounds disgusting, but it's actually really tasty, I'm hoping the shitty smell lasts the cure.

E$kobar was from the forum Opengrow. I don't think he is active anymore. I found his wares on Seedheaven, 20 Euros for 12 seeds, who can argue at that price. Apparently the Amnesia he uses is the Soma cut that won the canna cup in A'dam, the Choc side comes from DNA’s Chocolope, and DJ Short’s Cocoa Kush. I've been told to look for the Raspberry Pheno, fuck knows where that fits in with Amnesia or Chocolate, but we shall see.

Price of seeds is kind of the reason I'm attempting these seed runs. Seed prices are going mental, loads and LOADS of fems, getting seeds into the country after ordering takes an age now, due to the 'supply chain problems', mind you, that goes for any parcel, not just seeds. The art of finding a male, keeping him, or at least reproducing seems to be getting lost, in my eyes, you're not a breeder if you just reverse a nice female, anyone can do that. Not shtting on fems, I've used them for years, they are the backbone of most cannabis grows, but I'd like to create a fridge full of different genetics, the opportunity to find a male, reproduce seed, so I'm not beholding to a seed company.

I got the Vietnam Black from this guy
I've been told 13-14 weeks, my C5 Haze just went 13 weeks, so I'm prepared for 13, mind you, I think she went a bit too long, a lot of amber, she is a sedative to say the least. Funny you should talk about the 'blood sap', I've purchased Cayo Hueso, Thats a Cuban Black Haze blood sap pheno X Sawa Negus, I haven't tried them yet, but they are supposed to have red sap, knockout high to boot apparently

s.jpg

I picked up Cayo Hueso, Sawa Anise which has the same Dad as Hueso, but crossed to an '82 Durban Poison.
King Willie, which is '78 OG LA Affie X Pure Heirloom Lambs Bread
Long Island Haze, Same Dad as Cayo and Sawa, but crossed to Franks Incense Haze by Chimera
His catalogue of stuff is drool worthy

If you are prepared to grow the extra few weeks, these Sativas really knock most Indica strains into a cocked hat, the complexity is something you'll never achieve with a 7-8 week flower. That Malawi x Orange Glue sounds amazing, the shatter.....:rofl: I'd love that. The Golden Tiger was like that, it gave me a twitch :haha: I thought I was developing Tourettes everytime I smoked.

On the Old Timers Haze you talk about, how long has the guy been flowering it? I look at some Sativas at 14 weeks and gulp, but I'll do it, 14 weeks is my cut off, but I know OTH goes up to 20, it scares me! I have nothing but respect for the dudes that try and tame her.

Nice to speak to ya again pal :thumbsup:

On the Satori males, wouldn't you want a fast male (if nice enough) for breeding? Just curious,...
I've read that earlier flowering males, tend to be lankier, and put more effort into growing fiber than flowers. :shrug:

I have 0 idea, I've only ever grown out/collected pollen/made seed from a male once in my entire life, and that was a fem seed, that turned out to be male.

I will keep an eye on the early flowering male, if it starts looking ugly or lanky, I'll bin it

Wassup big man!

Yeah, been a while. Life plods on, but should be on the up and up, the doctor releases me from my leg iron AGAIN this week, hopefully normal service can be resumed.
Other than lagging-ass on catch-up here, things are OK - :smoking:
Damn brother, I was hoping you were past that stage, but I guess complications have reared their fugly heads!:doh:
I'm well happy you dived into Ace, and what a beaut you've grown. She is stunning. 8 weeks too, I never had one go 8, but the terp profile you mention is very familiar, the liquorice and metalic in particular. Ace has some really out there terps, from grilled meat, really spicy incense, the Hashplant Haze x Kali China I've just finished smells of shit, old, rotten shit, with a hint of berry, sounds disgusting, but it's actually really tasty, I'm hoping the shitty smell lasts the cure.
yes indeed, I got a better than usual pheno' for a bloody change- :rolleyes2: I have seen some more recent troubles with very late triggering bloomers, so either some bad luck going around or there's some shaggy batches getting out there...

I can appreciate some stanky stuff myself mate- :chef::gassy::haha: ... I've seen some older genetics around noted for their nasty nose recently,... if interested I'll try to find it and post a link!
I was just chatting with a mate at the other forum I'm on, he had a super nice Wild Thai Ryder that had the same in-jar barf aroma mine did- :thumbsup:... gotta get me another dip of that, she was quite potent and had amazing room smoke aroma.
Keep an eye on Twenty20Mendo here if you like sharp pissy nose tingly stank which is carried in their authentic Trainwrecks (2 types: T-Dubb and "original"), and now coming in auto format too! F3's done, a few testers out there trying them now.. F4's coming fairly soon...
Adam is not just the rep, he's the owner, and very active here...best rep we have ever had IMO!

E$kobar was from the forum Opengrow. I don't think he is active anymore. I found his wares on Seedheaven, 20 Euros for 12 seeds, who can argue at that price. Apparently the Amnesia he uses is the Soma cut that won the canna cup in A'dam, the Choc side comes from DNA’s Chocolope, and DJ Short’s Cocoa Kush. I've been told to look for the Raspberry Pheno, fuck knows where that fits in with Amnesia or Chocolate, but we shall see.

Price of seeds is kind of the reason I'm attempting these seed runs. Seed prices are going mental, loads and LOADS of fems, getting seeds into the country after ordering takes an age now, due to the 'supply chain problems', mind you, that goes for any parcel, not just seeds. The art of finding a male, keeping him, or at least reproducing seems to be getting lost, in my eyes, you're not a breeder if you just reverse a nice female, anyone can do that. Not shtting on fems, I've used them for years, they are the backbone of most cannabis grows, but I'd like to create a fridge full of different genetics, the opportunity to find a male, reproduce seed, so I'm not beholding to a seed company.
Roger that, I'll poke around one those...
Right now I'm up to my tits in premium genetics, passing on a bunch of other stuff too from various private breeders... A couple of these guys are the ones who will spend the big$ on certain breeders works, then make more of them... Good relations from the good $$ spent means they get stuff not ever offered to the public, with strict no-share rules,... but crosses are OK!
Others work with less spendy stuff but do fine selections and make stuff right up there with the "elites" :woohoo1:

You're right on seeds prices just the same :nono: ... I see more and more folks trying their hands at fem'ing, many can't won't use reg's for various reasons... It all depends on what you goal is... One of the private breeders I mentioned above is doing just the opposite, after years of reg's, he's done with them... After buying those $$ regs, he's finding plenty of diversity and quality in doing fem repro's, S1's, and crosses...occasional F2's where the expressions can really expand fast too...
STS is the generally preferred chem for this, and it's becoming readily available in a two-part stable formulation, just mix what you need....
I have a few things I NEED saved or fem'ed, but alas I'm not in a position to do this task properly...most frustrating! :dammit:
Still, lots of fine genetics out there in reg's, and only reg's :thumbsup:
I picked up Cayo Hueso, Sawa Anise which has the same Dad as Hueso, but crossed to an '82 Durban Poison.
King Willie, which is '78 OG LA Affie X Pure Heirloom Lambs Bread
Long Island Haze, Same Dad as Cayo and Sawa, but crossed to Franks Incense Haze by Chimera
His catalogue of stuff is drool worthy
Hmm another interesting source! I'll have a look-see there too, thank you...:eyebrows: ... a lot of top sourcing there, rare stuff like that old DP which is real deal,... a few folks I've seen around tried various sources of so-called "original" preserved genetics, but were disappointed with what they got...certainly nothing from the commercial sector measures up! Same said breeder doing fem's only above recently picked up some well sourced preserved SSSC DP, slated for a run this year... With some luck he'll hit gold, maybe repro some and for sure make crosses! I would love to try such a true DP,...
Best I can do now though in that SSSC cross Pineapple Poison... did you run that, I forget? Some got nice DP aromatics in theirs, namely licorice...
If you are prepared to grow the extra few weeks, these Sativas really knock most Indica strains into a cocked hat, the complexity is something you'll never achieve with a 7-8 week flower. That Malawi x Orange Glue sounds amazing, the shatter.....:rofl: I'd love that. The Golden Tiger was like that, it gave me a twitch :haha: I thought I was developing Tourettes everytime I smoked.
Hmmm, not sure I agree entirely with that time restriction, but I get what you mean,... DOHz and KOG are both very fast, under 8 weeks outside for me...
Several of the OHz crosses made with hybrid mothers were quick too, with the kind of highs that neither parent alone seems to hit,... I think many of those do go 9-10 though... with F1's, it's always a dice-roll!

I tend to "blame" the terp profile mostly for this difference in nature and complexity, and some finger myrcene content as a primary factor, along with rarer cannabinoids like THCV, CBG,... Sativa's showing lower on that, WLD "Indies" carrying more and usually the dominant terp'...
I have a research paper someplace about this,... I'll dig it up!

How's the grow coming along mate? :watering:

Hmmm, not sure I agree entirely with that time restriction, but I get what you mean,... DOHz and KOG are both very fast, under 8 weeks outside for me...
I don't totally agree either, sometimes I say something, and I look around the room, thinking, where the fuck did that come from, then I realise I said it! I have a jar, nearly empty though, of Warlock from my last grow, that strain is as old as I am nearly, one of the first plants I ever grew, and still an absoulute gem. Stable, lovely nose, satisfying warm high, and can be ready in 7 weeks. I have to tame my tongue, it runs away from me :doh:

Damn brother, I was hoping you were past that stage, but I guess complications have reared their fugly heads!
I think I'm on the home stretch now, fingers crossed.
Let me say this though, Morphine Addiction, aint no disco man. I've been eating 80mg and up per day, for 9 months now. I had my goal in mind, they were to be used only for pain while I had the leg iron, the day it was removed, I stop taking Morphine. My head was fully prepared for the deadline. The day of surgery, I stopped the Morphine, I got a little during the procedure, but that was it, cold turkey from now on......

JESUS H CHRIST.

My head was prepared, my body didn't get the memo. 5 days of ice cold sweats, burning heat, no sleep, shaking like a shitting dog, my skin went the colour of a blood donor that couldn't say no. And I WANTED to stop. For many that mind set just isn't there. It gave me a glimpse into a scary place.

Grow is going ok, things are staying small and manageable. Ended up with WAY more females than I anticipated, 19 in all, and 9 males. I managed to collect pollen from a short chunky male Satori, and a Male ChocRain x Amnesia.

I ended up with 8 Satori, and 7 ChocRain x Amnesia, and 1 Vietnam Black.

Satori
2.JPG
3.JPG

Chocolate Rain x Amnesia
1.JPG

a bit of supercropping above, 1 plant in particular is taking over, like a sex pest octopus, it's tentacles are everywhere

Keep an eye on Twenty20Mendo here if you like sharp pissy nose tingly stank which is carried in their authentic Trainwrecks (2 types: T-Dubb and "original"), and now coming in auto format too! F3's done, a few testers out there trying them now.. F4's coming fairly soon...
Adam is not just the rep, he's the owner, and very active here...best rep we have ever had IMO!
I do like a pissy nose tingly stank actually :crying:

Is there a website?

I wonder what they'd be like up here outside....? I'm still growing Autos outdoor, weather permitting

I picked these up, regulars, I was gonna do a bit of Auto pollen chucking this summer
s.JPG

Ill have a chat with Adam, and see what he recommends

I don't totally agree either, sometimes I say something, and I look around the room, thinking, where the fuck did that come from, then I realise I said it! I have a jar, nearly empty though, of Warlock from my last grow, that strain is as old as I am nearly, one of the first plants I ever grew, and still an absoulute gem. Stable, lovely nose, satisfying warm high, and can be ready in 7 weeks. I have to tame my tongue, it runs away from me :doh:
:rofl: no bag o' shame to be handed out there mate! :baghead::haha: ... I know 2 others who are adamant about it, but then they are deep Sati'-state disciples that don't like or want to drive on the Indi' side of the road...:rolleyes1:... witness the painful devotion of 14-16 week blooming and the high co$t$ of this lack of "vision"- :crying: They really are quite unreasonable about it! Nobody contests the differences, I just think they dislike the nature of hybrid-->Indica POI's, which is in the end, always a personal preference and so as subjective as it gets... Me, my argument is the right tool for the right job!

I've heard of Warlock, bit not in ages... Is this the same one Ribbz?
Interesting, I see mention of the trichome color change thing,... Both Cherry WiFi and Garlicane did a similar thing during dry-->cure despite being taken at under 15% ambering. You can clearly see the green beneath the very heavy trich' density which both have, but to the naked eye they look oddly aged. The effects do not reflect any high CBN either, so there is something else going on behind this color change, no f'ing way it's THC degradation that early :nono: and the buzz confirms it!
I forget where exactly, but somebody posted an article by some well known breeder who has a culitvar that's notorious for this, starting on the live plant just before harvest I think,... that tracks with what I've seen,...
I think I'm on the home stretch now, fingers crossed.
Let me say this though, Morphine Addiction, aint no disco man. I've been eating 80mg and up per day, for 9 months now. I had my goal in mind, they were to be used only for pain while I had the leg iron, the day it was removed, I stop taking Morphine. My head was fully prepared for the deadline. The day of surgery, I stopped the Morphine, I got a little during the procedure, but that was it, cold turkey from now on......

JESUS H CHRIST.

My head was prepared, my body didn't get the memo. 5 days of ice cold sweats, burning heat, no sleep, shaking like a shitting dog, my skin went the colour of a blood donor that couldn't say no. And I WANTED to stop. For many that mind set just isn't there. It gave me a glimpse into a scary place.
:amazon: Ribbz, I am beyond impressed you shook that shite off like you did, gotta be in the low 10 percentile who manage to do so after stuck using it so long, and without being chained to the radiator... it's the ABSOLUTE truth, your "mind" has zero say in how the addiction monster treats you during it's starvation death throes, the body is possessed!
I consider myself lucky beyond reckoning that I haven't put put into that crucible before and hope to keep it that way... I think I would have chewed the damn thing off and gone Ti peg-leg at this point!

Much love and respect for grinding through that my friend :bighug::superhero:

Grow is going ok, things are staying small and manageable. Ended up with WAY more females than I anticipated, 19 in all, and 9 males. I managed to collect pollen from a short chunky male Satori, and a Male ChocRain x Amnesia.

I ended up with 8 Satori, and 7 ChocRain x Amnesia, and 1 Vietnam Black.
:pimp::karmacloud: that's a little positive pimp-daddy Karma workin' for yeh there! :woohoo1: ... a nice selection of mama's, and good males to work with. The shorter (faster?) Satori male in particular...
If I beg, would you make fem' Satori's? :crying: :bow::bow::bow: ... STS is an easy get these days!
do like a pissy nose tingly stank actually :crying:

Is there a website?

I wonder what they'd be like up here outside....? I'm still growing Autos outdoor, weather permitting

I picked these up, regulars, I was gonna do a bit of Auto pollen chucking this summer
Yes, Twenty20 Mendocino.com... sale are via other seed banks though, but why bother when you can talk to the owner here directly! As a proven reliable and skilled Grow&Show member, you'll likely get them gratis.... Have you checked them out here yet?

I think you'll have no problem growing them OD's, they are bred for this being Emerald Triangle born... most are plenty fast and have great mold resistance.
TW or T-Dub are solid candidates; TW is a far northern CA cut from Arcata, where I got my first Bio degree at HSU!
Their site has all the details, and you should indeed consult with Adam as well... :jointman: tell him that PITA Waira sent you- :rofl:

>>> those petit cheri's are looking lovely mate! :greenthumb::kiss:

Back