BioTabs Biotabs with GN Telos - Mephisto Sour Livers & Seed Stockers OG Kush

Morning! :D

Yo yos!,thats too much work to raise a light

Heavy duty adjustable hangers is what TaNg uses. The free hangers aren't easy to adjust.slowly undo the wing nut and then pull the wire through to raise ,let it back through to lower. I barely change my light height as penetration is so good and I have limited head room. If you are able to change height more regularly than me I would get heavy duty hangers.

How about a pair of ratchet hangers off amazon? 5 quid a pair :d5:

Those ones you got with it are pretty shameful aren't they?! Not an ideal solution.

damm thats sounds like a close one i didnt mess with them looked like a hassel i just used my lumi rope ratchets 8kg is no joke

Thanks for the input guys! :D I've used yoyos before ... and still managed to nearly destroy a plant with a falling HPS lol ... I looked at those heavy duty rope ratchett hangers that you can use to hang carbon filters.

In the end i've kept the hangers that came supplied still attached at the height i originally hung it (which i think was a good starting height) - I've added some chains (old school) and S hooks to raise the light. .... Even if the chain breaks .... I've got the originals as a safety net!

(the chain will NEVER break!!) ^_^

Good solution Blue . TaNg uses the Lumi rope ratchets by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 31
Day 31 and both plants are looking a little paler than they should be.
I'm suspecting both are lacking in Nitrogen and the SSOGK (the bigger on the right) is lacking Magnesium as the browny splotches are showing on the leaves.

Temps: 75f
Water: 7.5ph (although not checked in a while)
I did a minor defoliation and took a few of the lower brances to help with light penetration and airflow.

They both got their week 5 ogratrx and bactrex feeding and have both been heavily sprayed with BOOM juice.

@Biotabs F69 ... Should i add another tab to them both?? Or do you think my water is causing lockout?

They're at the stage where i'll start introducing the PK Juice at 5 ml per litre week 1 (weekly feedings) adding 2.5ml per litre every week.

Here's the current state of them.

full

full

And the stalk are quite impressive.

MSL
full

SSOGK
full

:gary:

Nice plants for day 31 for sure @blue ! To me it looks like they are deficient of nitrogen, magnesium and calsium. The brown spots at the top leaves are very typical sign of that since Ca is only semi-mobile element it tends to show up at top at this stage.

Nice plants for day 31 for sure @blue ! To me it looks like they are deficient of nitrogen, magnesium and calsium. The brown spots at the top leaves are very typical sign of that since Ca is only semi-mobile element it tends to show up at top at this stage.

Thanks Medgrower :D I was thinking the same thing but thought it can't really be calcium - with my tap water going in it's really hard water - lots of calcium. I wondering whether my water is out of range and i'm murdering my microherd?

MEDIC!!

a4cac82d9d3f669ee28186ec4f1b2f04.jpg

Thanks Medgrower :D I was thinking the same thing but thought it can't really be calcium - with my tap water going in it's really hard water - lots of calcium. I wondering whether my water is out of range and i'm murdering my microherd?

MEDIC!!

a4cac82d9d3f669ee28186ec4f1b2f04.jpg

I've also caught by surprise how much Telos made my plants want to eat too. Seems that your tap water doesn't quite have enough Ca or that its somehow locked out. I know I always have Ca -issues if I don't use CM products but despite this I started having what appears as Mg -deficiencies after introducing Telos. It seems to be better now after bumping up the feed but man this is something else we all have to kind of adjust to I guess :pass:

I had the same problems with the same tap water and I had more cal and mag in my soil than you Blue. Epsom salt and molasses or Bottled Calmag is what you need. LED makes plants cal mag hungry it needs to be in every liquid feed especially under this intensity amendments can help. I found my plants more hungry under Telos they certainly want to grow more. I would try and leave your water out to de chlorinate that will help the herd. They will bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Bunny!

I've doing a bit of research for an immidiate solution... Like canna mono nutrients as an addition.

I found this quite interesting as i'm in what's considered a hard water area

CALMAG AGENT
other-calmag-agent_content_1.png

In response to popular demand, CANNA has produced a CALMAG AGENT. You can use this product to raise the Calcium and Magnesium content of your soft water, which will increase the EC of it. It will improve your water to make sure your plant can grow strong and healthy.
Advantages of the CALMAG AGENT:
  • Fewer deficiencies
  • Increase in nutrient uptake
  • Stronger plants
  • Stimulates better quality flowers
  • Highly concentrated
  • Increases the EC of your water
  • Less nutrients required
What is good quality water?
The properties of water in the UK vary from region to region. CANNA's products are made for an EC of 0.4.

other-calmag-agent_content_2.png

We have divided water into four different types:
1.) soft water, 2.) normal water, 3.) hard water and 4.) bad water

What is the difference between soft/hard and/or bad water and what can you do about it?
Soft water has an EC level of below 0.4. With CANNA CALMAG AGENT you can raise your EC level to 0.4.

Normal water has an EC level between 0.4 and 0.7. It contains calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate to stabilise the pH. All CANNA products are designed to work best with this type of water.

Hard water (EC>0.8) contains more calcium and magnesium than the plant can handle. When you’re growing plants, the best way to treat this kind of water is to use a reverse osmosis filter and then mix your hard water with the R.O. water, until you reach an EC level of 0.4. Or, more easily, you can use 100% R.O. water and then use CANNA CALMAG AGENT to raise your EC level to 0.4.

Bad water (EC>0.8) contains mainly sodium and chloride. These two elements block the uptake of nutrients and can even become toxic to your plants. With a reverse osmosis filter, you can remove both these elements. But making a mixture of R.O. water and bad water will not bring in enough calcium and magnesium, only bicarbonate to stabilise the pH. Make a mixture of R.O water with the bad water until you reach an EC of 0.2 and then add CANNA CALMAG Agent to this water until you reach an EC level of 0.4, or use 100% R.O. water in combination with CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach EC level 0.4

I wont be buying an RO filter lol ... I'm trying to make my life easier ... not more complex :D

I think i need to de-chlorinate the water more carefully, and maybe give them another Tab each.
I think i'll do this tonight before i start applying the PK (in a couple of days now)

I've been ill (sick!)

I'm back to my normal (bwaha) self i think! ^_^
:eek1: -- that blue hair dye is catching up to you mate! :nono:-- too many "micronute metals" can start to affect you coordination! :oops1: :haha:... ah well, I guess it's like high heels, just the high price of fashion you gals are enslaved by! :crying: --'course, us guys do appreciate the sacrifice- :hump: :rofl:..., glad you're feeling better luv, I think I saw in Globals, you got a gut bug- :doh:... along with the rest of the family :doh::doh::doh:.... :doc::bighug:

.... :vibe: wow Blooo, those girls are throwin' elbows now! :d5:... I wonder that they may have snacked those tabs clean away, or drawn faster than the breakdown could keep up with-?... In any case, can you get me some close-up's please? I'm with Med' on the probable Ca defc., but more is in play with that pale color up high,.. it's not uncommon that I've seen for P defc. to closely resemble Ca defc. in the symptoms on occasion, and the paling out seems to come with it,... also, if your tap water is very hard (got a reading for me, EC/ppm, pH), there's a chance it can mess with uptake and raise pH,... The lights, do they tend to make the plant look paler than it really is, like COB's do?............ :smokeout:

wow Blooo, those girls are throwin' elbows now! :d5:... I wonder that they may have snacked those tabs clean away, or drawn faster than the breakdown could keep up with-?...

Hay WairaBear! Thanks for looking in :D .... Maybe that's it! I added another tab to both of them last night! More food!! Its too early to be pale!

In any case, can you get me some close-up's please?

You mean of the plant right??? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .... Don't google search "close-ups" .... The internet is full of wrong.
I'll see what i can do! :D

(got a reading for me, EC/ppm, pH)
From memory it's a background ec of 0.6 and a PH of 7.8 (i know!! - shit! ...it's like our water company doesn't want the uk to grow pot!)

The lights, do they tend to make the plant look paler than it really is, like COB's do?............ :smokeout:

Hmmm they kinda do ... but they relly are pale! We've all clocked it :rofl: .... these plants (for whatever reason) are currently nutrient deficient.

I'll try and grab some shots tonight ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (of the defs) .... and report back tommorow for a medical analysis!

:d5:

Back