Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I hate to hear about the gnats still lurking. Someone uses a product, sp101 or something like that. It may be waira. Ill dig around today and see if i can find the proper name.
Put a thin layer at the bottom of your pots or bags and one on top with sand problem solved..

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Little update and finally a good one. I poured in a bunch of the mosquito dunks and the gnats have finally seemed to be gone or atleast under control. Its been a year from hell not knowing the cause of all the issues but after seeing the plants turn around so well my confidence and motivation is back. I have been doing some heavy 1100-1200 ppm feedings and the plants are finally responding to it. The auto gorilla is super healthy and happy. The Autocob room is doing much better too. The leaves are darkening up and the yellow (potassium deficiency) edged are slowly disappearing.

I may not be up for a warehouse just yet but I do have a few things in the pipeline. This is going to be one hell of a good winter!

I just put a layer of the mosquito bits on the top and watered. I did this in the AutoCob room which ocassionally gets a wet floor. When I added the bites some must have dropped and later I saw a dozen or so dead gnats in the water. Id love to hear about a better product for sure. I always saw a few gnats here and there but never expected them to be devouring roots like I now see. Hopefully they die and the little ones pull through.

For larvae control (what I use) consider Microbe-Lift/BMC, "Biological Mosquito Control," a very concentrated 8% Bt toxins liquid. With this sold for killing larvae in ponds and bodies of water, the labeling is:

Recommended application: 2.5 ml (measuring cup provided) per 1,000 gallons of water every other week. 6 oz for ponds up to 5,000 gallons.

This is equivalent to .0025 ml or 2.5 microliters/L, and this is for as needed use, not constant use as we would use this product. I add 1 drop or more on average for every gallon or 2 of feed. Even at that very high dose, just a 2 oz. dropper bottle is seeming going to last at least a year. It's cost, such as 6 oz. for <$20 with free shipping, even if used at needlessly high doses, is negligible; and it definitely works for me. With your high-end automated feeding setups, I would think you'd prefer to simply add drops or a squirt of a liquid Bt product vs. relying on ground-up mosquito dunks.

Thank you so much. I will pick it up asap. Exactly what I had in mind just didn't know about this specific brand. The dunks are a pain already. I'll throw them in my pond next spring.

Auto gorilla update. She has stalled a bit after the lollipop massacre. I'm now thinking after doing this a few times that it may be best to tackle the lower branches slowely. I hacked off 1/3 the plant.
IMG_3698.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG
IMG_3700.JPG
IMG_3701.JPG

For larvae control (what I use) consider Microbe-Lift/BMC, "Biological Mosquito Control," a very concentrated 8% Bt toxins liquid. With this sold for killing larvae in ponds and bodies of water, the labeling is:

Recommended application: 2.5 ml (measuring cup provided) per 1,000 gallons of water every other week. 6 oz for ponds up to 5,000 gallons.

This is equivalent to .0025 ml or 2.5 microliters/L, and this is for as needed use, not constant use as we would use this product. I add 1 drop or more on average for every gallon or 2 of feed. Even at that very high dose, just a 2 oz. dropper bottle is seeming going to last at least a year. It's cost, such as 6 oz. for <$20 with free shipping, even if used at needlessly high doses, is negligible; and it definitely works for me. With your high-end automated feeding setups, I would think you'd prefer to simply add drops or a squirt of a liquid Bt product vs. relying on ground-up mosquito dunks.
Arriving Wednesday. Cant wait to kill these things. Also ordered some organic for the aphids. A few more weeks till the plants are all chopped and this is behind me.

Completely un-cob related but hopefully helpful to others. When your Apple devices are ready for an update I’d suggest updating and not hesitating. I have been for weeks and today my iPhone was hacked. My iTunes account was supposedly used in another country and when I went to log into my phone the password was changed. The updates supposedly have security advances that help prevent this. the longer a version is out the longer these scumbags have to figure it out. What a shit show that was.

You can use Neem seed cake effectively also. Blend some into the soil/coco and top dress, it kills many different insects, including mite, gnats, Thrips etc.

put a vpn on your phone, will help for sure, and make you harder to track! I run vpns on all internet connected devices

Completely un-cob related but hopefully helpful to others. When your Apple devices are ready for an update I’d suggest updating and not hesitating. I have been for weeks and today my iPhone was hacked. My iTunes account was supposedly used in another country and when I went to log into my phone the password was changed. The updates supposedly have security advances that help prevent this. the longer a version is out the longer these scumbags have to figure it out. What a shit show that was.

Back