Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

@BigSm0

For those of us layman who still think in terms of how many light per average size auto, would you say 1 autocob light per plant is going to get the quality results you talk about, or two lights per plant. Just assume average sized plant with some training to level off the canopy. And not a huge XL plant and just your average grower abilities. If you can answer that with a simple 1, or 2, that would help a guy like me out who does not yet think of terms of grams per watts or watts per square foot.

@BigSm0

For those of us layman who still think in terms of how many light per average size auto, would you say 1 autocob light per plant is going to get the quality results you talk about, or two lights per plant. Just assume average sized plant with some training to level off the canopy. And not a huge XL plant and just your average grower abilities. If you can answer that with a simple 1, or 2, that would help a guy like me out who does not yet think of terms of grams per watts or watts per square foot.

1 for small to medium,
2 for medium to large.

Don’t want to cause any confusion but grams per watt is really key when figuring how your overall grow went. Wattage cost money so say you had 1000watts and pulled 500 grams. That’s .5 grams per watt. If you had 250 watts and pulled 500 grams that’s 2 grams per watt. The 250 watts uses 1/4 the electricity and gives off 1/4 the heat. So when people say you need xxxx wattage for a space it’s really not accurate.

For a reference 1 gram per watt is very good. You hear hps growers talking about .5-1 gram per watt but I have yet to see 1gram per watt proven. This just goes to show how advanced cob tech is. Even with issues I managed over 2 grams per watt.

Just want to repost what I posted on @Evil-Mobo thread since I get a lot of questions on training and how to grow bigger plants. This is how it’s done.

“”This is the prime reason why a scrog is important. Anyone who has had questions about training can learn all they need to know from this one picture alone. Plants do not grow to a certain height and then flatten out. They grow into x-mas trees or bean poles lol. If you took par readings at every bud on a tall skinny plant you would be shocked. The top would be getting to much and the lowers wouldn’t get enough. If you took part readings here they would all be the same and the par is subject to the lights and light height. More leaves getting light this way, even light and as much across the whole plant as you want. I would say a scrogged tent can produce as much as 50% more than an untrained tent.””
40E2130A-57FE-4718-A323-DB823AA7ECE7.jpeg

Attachments

• E2052141-47AB-4747-B154-1D0207312672.jpeg
    E2052141-47AB-4747-B154-1D0207312672.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 71
1 for small to medium,
2 for medium to large.

Don’t want to cause any confusion but grams per watt is really key when figuring how your overall grow went. Wattage cost money so say you had 1000watts and pulled 500 grams. That’s .5 grams per watt. If you had 250 watts and pulled 500 grams that’s 2 grams per watt. The 250 watts uses 1/4 the electricity and gives off 1/4 the heat. So when people say you need xxxx wattage for a space it’s really not accurate.

For a reference 1 gram per watt is very good. You hear hps growers talking about .5-1 gram per watt but I have yet to see 1gram per watt proven. This just goes to show how advanced cob tech is. Even with issues I managed over 2 grams per watt.

Just to clarify, I totally agree with you, but this 1gpw proven bit I don't understand. I've managed to get 1gpw on a MH/HPS combo and know other people that did too. Or have you meant something else? :pass:

Just to clarify, I totally agree with you, but this 1gpw proven bit I don't understand. I've managed to get 1gpw on a MH/HPS combo and know other people that did too. Or have you meant something else? :pass:
If you have then that’s very very good. 21oz from a 600w hps is absolutely amazing or 35 oz from a thousand. It’s not to common to see. Not impossible and I should have worded it differently. But I haven’t seen anyone do it.

If you have then that’s very very good. 21oz from a 600w hps is absolutely amazing or 35 oz from a thousand. It’s not to common to see. Not impossible and I should have worded it differently. But I haven’t seen anyone do it.

Yeah, it is a great result, but with the genetics nowadays and all these nutrients, irrigation systems and so on, I don't think that's such a hard job with a little love and care :2cents:.

However, dig what you're saying about gpw and different lights. I even got a DIY COB build in planning for my space and your threads and service here have been very helpful, expect more questions in the future :smoking::pass:

Back