Dragon Meds Autowars Season 2: Revenge of the Portal Stone Dragons, Double Dragon and Amnesia Stone

For those asking about UVB schedule - Victor from Amare suggested I set my UVB (a Reptisun bulb in the Solar Eclipse 450) for 10hrs during flowering.

Awesome...that is gold info right there, and will work exceptional with my plan. Thanks man! One more question about the UVB... a 4 foot t5, what would optimal distance be from the bulb to bud? I could have the option of side mounting the light and shining it on the mid sections of main colas. Distance would be 4 - 14".

@912GreenSkell, my UVB is fixed between the cobs of my light. Victor suggests 18" away from the canopy. I don't know for a T5 set up, sorry.

So the reptisun bulb you are running is a short t-5 bulb? I know the light you are talking about(awesome!). I am guessing here, but I think the canopy limitation for you would be more on the closeness of the LED than the intensity of the UV part of it....I very well could be wrong on this though!! Hopefully we can find out more about this!! Hmm hope I am remembering correctly and tagging in the right guys @Blow'n Reefer @iampepe

With the T-5, 10-14" is fine. You need both UV-a/b at the same time for optimum results, which the Reptisun provides. Our balanced white spectrum, like sunlight, will not bleach plants even if it touches them. Usually it's the intensity, if it exceeds their light saturation point might cause them to turn yellow, wilt or even burn under extreme conditions. Bleaching is usually caused by a lop-side spectrum, usually excessive reds. Cannabis has a light saturation point of 1500umol/sec/m2 with equatorial strains(sativas) up to ~1750umol/sec/m2. We do not recommend our HI-LEDs less than 18" due to their extreme intensity, especially with lenses on our COB models. Running them too close also limits your coverage and intra-canopy penetration.

With the T-5, 10-14" is fine. You need both UV-a/b at the same time for optimum results, which the Reptisun provides. Our balanced white spectrum, like sunlight, will not bleach plants even if it touches them. Usually it's the intensity, if it exceeds their light saturation point might cause them to turn yellow, wilt or even burn under extreme conditions. Bleaching is usually caused by a lop-side spectrum, usually excessive reds. Cannabis has a light saturation point of 1500umol/sec/m2 with equatorial strains(sativas) up to ~1750umol/sec/m2. We do not recommend our HI-LEDs less than 18" due to their extreme intensity, especially with lenses on our COB models. Running them too close also limits your coverage and intra-canopy penetration.

Hey thanks so much for this detailed response vic! My space is very vertically limited(28" from the top of the pots to the lights surface), so I decided to buy old tech epistar LED's 100X3w to be able to use them in close contact with the lights. I've had plants grow within 4" of the surface of the lights with no bleaching. If I decided to get these respisun bullbs some buds could possible be as close as 4". Would you for see a problem with such a close proximity?

My 4 ft uvb is 20 inches away on 10 hours a day during the middle of my 18/6 schedule. Same with the UVB in the Se 450's

Hey thanks a lot bud! Hmmm all recommendations are with the light 3-4 times further away than I can do...hmmm

Hey thanks so much for this detailed response vic! My space is very vertically limited(28" from the top of the pots to the lights surface), so I decided to buy old tech epistar LED's 100X3w to be able to use them in close contact with the lights. I've had plants grow within 4" of the surface of the lights with no bleaching. If I decided to get these respisun bullbs some buds could possible be as close as 4". Would you for see a problem with such a close proximity?

Hey thanks a lot bud! Hmmm all recommendations are with the light 3-4 times further away than I can do...hmmm
I think you will fine, it is a floro afterall, leaves can touch it and not be hurt.

U bet sir! 4" is fine with floro's, but your coverage will be limited, due to the close proximity.

Cool...thanks a lot bud! This is really just an addition to increase heat a bit, and put on a bit more crystal as a bonus. I will likely run these lights mounted horizontally on the cabinet wall. If I ever get more vertical space, I would love to buy one of your lights!

Back