New Grower AutoCobs/AutoPots in 4x4 Tent, Unboxing and Setup

Another bit of super exciting news! I was finally able to get a hold of an electrician, and he sent two of his journeyman to my house to rewire my basement!

They wired the box next to the tent to have four GFCI outlets! They also installed a dedicated circuit for my dehumidifier and another circuit for my power tools! :headbang:

IMG_20170703_215721912.jpg

Last edited:
More setup accomplished this morning--I woke up early to start building my autopot setup before work! I cut the tubing and put it together based on the diagram on the box, it was really quite easy.

Here are the aqua valves in various stages of assembly. All you do is put the tube on the barb and screw the compression cap on. Cut the tubes an inch or so longer than you think you will need them, I had to redo my first attempt because it was just a little too taught and you couldn't move the pots around.
View attachment 771865

Here's the aquavalve in the autopot tray. I found that rocking the aquavalve back and forth makes it easier to insert it onto the tab on the tray
View attachment 771862

I'm doing the central hub style layout so I'm using the X connectors, just pull the tubes onto the barbs
View attachment 771864

Here is the valve at the end which can be open to drain or flush the system
View attachment 771863

Here are the valves in trays all connected!
View attachment 771861

Once you put the little tray over the valve it become a sealed system!
View attachment 771860
I saw pop22 say if you "flip" the covers, then it is easier to "look" at the valves when/if you need

Another bit of super exciting news! I was finally able to get a hold of an electrician, and he sent two of his journeyman to my house to rewire my basement!

They wired the box next to the tent to have four GFCI outlets! They also installed a dedicated circuit for my dehumidifier and another circuit for my power tools! :headbang:

Happy 4th to you and yours :vibes::kitty:

Did you start the beans yet? :zen:

As a matter of fact... YES!!! :thumbsup: I think my plants have felt your good vibes because they are just a few days old and they are already thriving!!! :woohoo1:

I'm starting a new thread for the grow tonight and hopefully I can get caught up to real time! Especially because this early stage is the time when I really could benefit from some experienced eyes on my grow! I will invite everyone from this thread, plus I will still have a few more posts for this thread as I complete my setup. I still need to install my reservoir, a new dehumidifier, sump pump for my basement sink, light proof the tent... shit I'm making myself tired just thinking about it!

Haha @Nosias, my title in the real world is systems engineer, how did you guess?

I have I fallen behind on updates, I have a bunch of exciting stuff to share! First I will finish up the autopot setup, since I have a few more pictures of that.

Here's the assembled airdome, sitting on top of the root mat in the bottom of the pot. You need to remember to put those in there before you put your media in the pot!
View attachment 774789

Getting to be quite a tangle of tubes coming out of these things now! I'm going to have to do some tubing management once this is all finished.
View attachment 774792

After rinsing the Coco three times, I've filled up the autopot! You can see the tube for the air Dome coming out of the media.
View attachment 774791

Here you can see all four pots fill it up and ready to roll! I have completed some of the routing for the tubing. My air pump has two outputs, so I am using two air lines with splitters to feed the four airdomes. The tubes will be bundled together and routed out of the tent. I am going to use an old coffee table as the stand for the reservoir and air pump.
View attachment 774790

What was the brand name of this COCO?

Good tip, that actually makes a lot of sense. I'll check out his posts.
Yes check him out. Now I may be wrong that it was him who gave the tip. I have been reading ALOT of posts.

In AM we drive to CO to start another new adventure for us. We bought a home there.:snow3::snow1::peek:

I will help where I can :doc:

What was the brand name of this COCO?

It was Roots Organics Coco Fiber

It was a bit of a hassle to rinse and expand it but you definitely save a few bucks. I'm thinking about putting my unused expanded clay pellets on top of the coco as a sort of mulch layer. I've read that it helps keep the moisture in and the bugs out.

Last edited:
Back