Lighting AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

In the pictures it shows a power plug with a ground on it. When I bought my autocobs they did not come with a plug that has a ground. How important is this? I'm putting a light together and I'm wondering if I should buy ones with or without the ground?
Grounding depends on the type driver you are using.

In the pictures it shows a power plug with a ground on it. When I bought my autocobs they did not come with a plug that has a ground. How important is this? I'm putting a light together and I'm wondering if I should buy ones with or without the ground?
I don’t think any of the eight AutoCOBs I have purchased have grounded power cords. Could be wrong as I’m not home right now but pretty darn sure. It’s only 55w so cant see why it would even need one.

Me after wasting 400 dollars on MARS blurples then finding this thread:
11gkqs8.jpg

Just ordered some autocobs.

Last edited:
Me after wasting 400 dollars on MARS blurples then finding this thread:
11gkqs8.jpg

Just ordered some autocobs.
LOL I was invested in blurples to the tune of $600 before finding out about autocobs.
This is the best I could figure out to do with that blurple crap.
76A5193F-CC59-4B6D-A4C2-5BC58581CFF1.jpeg

A50A5FD8-1CA2-42CF-B2AF-965054F44542.jpeg

97CB37A4-D5A9-402B-9FC3-CCE06671E64A.jpeg

wattage has nothing to do with lethality. .1 amps can kill you. That aside, some models of drivers are internally grounded and do not need a ground wire. If the power cord exiting the driver has no ground wire, none is needed.

I don’t think any of the eight AutoCOBs I have purchased have grounded power cords. Could be wrong as I’m not home right now but pretty darn sure. It’s only 55w so cant see why it would even need one.

First, I have to say a big THANK YOU to @BigSm0

.:thanks:

Today, (4 Hrs ago, to be precise) I received 8 x Autocobs with reflectors, all as ordered....

All the way from the USA to the UK, without a hitch.

I was Excited.... and ripped open the boxes... :drool:

I love what I see in these boxes, I'm gonna kick some arse now, I thought! :greencheck:

I would have posted to thank you before, but, like a darn fool... I immediately plugged one in to try it..... :redcross:

It's taken me 3 Hrs to get my sight back.

Dont look at light.jpg

Seriously... They look way cool, not tested the rest yet, but I am 100% sure they will all be fine.

:worship:

Thanks again, for the excellent service, product and help with international postage, etc. :greencheck:

Highly Recommended chap to deal with.:toke:

Regards

Frogster
:pass:

First, I have to say a big THANK YOU to @BigSm0

.:thanks:

Today, (4 Hrs ago, to be precise) I received 8 x Autocobs with reflectors, all as ordered....

All the way from the USA to the UK, without a hitch.

I was Excited.... and ripped open the boxes... :drool:

I love what I see in these boxes, I'm gonna kick some arse now, I thought! :greencheck:

I would have posted to thank you before, but, like a darn fool... I immediately plugged one in to try it..... :redcross:

It's taken me 3 Hrs to get my sight back.

View attachment 998518

Seriously... They look way cool, not tested the rest yet, but I am 100% sure they will all be fine.

:worship:

Thanks again, for the excellent service, product and help with international postage, etc. :greencheck:

Highly Recommended chap to deal with.:toke:

Regards

Frogster
:pass:

I’m so pleased they arrived so fast. Bright little sob’s lol, the intensity coming from such a small chip still amazes me. I think everyone plugs them in while staring at the cob too. Maybe a warning inside the box is a good idea

Back