Lighting AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

C704BF6D-2411-40E2-97F1-146ED41066D0.jpeg
Just my opinion but comparing lights becomes an almost impossible task. Any light can work but your environment must match your light. Also grow style.

Running a single plant grow in your house with a very controlled environment and a single cob in perfect. Expecting them to keep your shed warm in the winter and you’ll be pissed. Run an HPS.
My suggestion would be to look at the growers doing well under whatever light your thinking of buying. If you can duplicate their environment then buy that light.
Lumens are for humans
Wattage is worthless
Spectrum and efficiency make more sense to be focused on imho

Photo at the top is a FB GG4 under 100 watts of cob. 100 days but she’s a beast coming down this weekend.

Does anyone have that AFN discount for cobshop.net handy? Can’t seem to find it or remember where it is

If the site has the reduced price, ie shows regular and then sale price I think it already includes AFN discount. Big is AFN Autocob light OG so the site was setup for his cobmob here. Prices are very low for the quality, I think they are identical to the Rapid setup so if comparing prices his are much better.
If looking at some knockoff please rethink as they might look identical but are not nearly the same. Chip and driver efficiency on the Autocob blows away the knockoffs.

And before anyone jumps in and says “my $49 cob from Alibaba grows weed just fine” I am not disputing that. But this is not the place to discuss that.

:vibes:

Thanks nekvt!

I can figure out the lumens but it’s not really used by anyone outside these Chinese companies. As @Frenjamin Banklin mentioned it’s a hard task to compare grow lights. Light output is one way but what’s really the most important is giving the plants what they want and doing so in the easiest way and not wasting wattage is key. Most think higher efficacy or more wattage will give you bigger plants. This is 100% false. An example is if you had 300 watts of cobs 10” from a seedling and a 10w light bulb 10” away the light bulb would do better. In the end it’s best to look around and see what others are doing with the lights. Finding someone who has the wattage, intensity and spectrum part figured out will lead you to the best company. The most wattage, highest output, most cup holders.... won’t.

Hopefully this makes sense. It’s something that soooo many people have wrong. I just read a comment where a guy swapped his lights out and now says his plants have grown twice as fast as previous grows. Same wattage, same spectrum and a 5% efficiency gain. All this equals is 5% more light if the light was kept at the same height. The funny part is if he raised the new light by 1 inch he would be giving his plants less light even with the efficiency gain.

If the site has the reduced price, ie shows regular and then sale price I think it already includes AFN discount. Big is AFN Autocob light OG so the site was setup for his cobmob here. Prices are very low for the quality, I think they are identical to the Rapid setup so if comparing prices his are much better.
If looking at some knockoff please rethink as they might look identical but are not nearly the same. Chip and driver efficiency on the Autocob blows away the knockoffs.

And before anyone jumps in and says “my $49 cob from Alibaba grows weed just fine” I am not disputing that. But this is not the place to discuss that.

:vibes:

I love it when someone takes the words from my mouth. It’s better when a happy cob customer says it instead the one selling them. I’d hate for anyone to think I have some sort of bias towards one company over another.

Back