Lighting AutoCOB 55 Watt COB LED Grow Light

My hps situation started when I saw a dim bulb. The bulb itself started to separate from the mogul socket. Even the solder that makes contact did as well. Cheap ballast I'd assume. I unplugged the ballast and fiddled with the bulb, it was very loose so I unscrewed it. Later tried to screw in a new bulb which threaded enough to hold it and not knowing there was solder still in the socket plugged in the ballast. The solder itself shorter out on the new bulb and sprayed my room the instant items plugged in.

Then I went to kind led. Which lasted 2 weeks.
View attachment 683245
Then to ceramic metal halide which did ok but not enough for my needs. Then on to cobs.

Damn...I member when i first fired up a hps bulb i was a bit frightened since it gotten so hot and the tech looked pretty shitty at all....i am still relatively new to growing but i was looking for improvement since day 1 what got me to kick the old shit out of the way and get next level as soon as possible, also the high electicity costs fvckend me up...well CFL works good, i would honestly prefer it over hps. But LEDs got me. Got me so hard i was researching for a year before i got to something i thought wasnt full of shit (GN HS1) but it was sold out....at the same time i found AFN and from then my knowledge increased rapidly when it comes to lights. And you are one of the people who had some news for me. I feel pretty satisfied combining all organic mostly selfmade ferts with high tech and looking forward to my sanlight s4w review...they have a light thats not purple and are pretty bright 2.

Cobs are powerful and efficient. Like fuel mileage. Hps and epistar leds get 20mpg. Cobs get 50+ mpg. Quality leds are expensive and more expensive to mount and wire. Unless they are on cheap printed boards which most eBay/amazon leds are and typically very inefficient. The 20% efficiency affects people directly in energy usage. 20% of every watt is light. The solution was quality leds but again the price skyrockets, Cree leds can cost as much as 7 dollars each. Where cobs come in is instead of buying and wiring multiple leds that's all in one single compact cob. Same and sometimes higher efficiency but less cost.

The reason I like to help so much is so people don't have to deal with the stuff I have. I also hate waste. Regular leds wasting 80% of their energy is complete nonsense! It's the typical overseas motto. Build it cheap because plenty of people on a budget will pay for them before doing any research. I hate to see people spend hard earned money on things like this too. So I help, and try to do so as much as possible. To be 100% honest I'd rather see 100 people throw away their blurple leds and buy cobs then sell a single unit in the next year.

I doubt this will happen since I do feel these are a great niche in the market. Once people understand claimed wattage and real wattage are 2 totally different things and 120w @20% vs 50w @50% equal the same light output but will save money each minute in operation.

Thats why i like you so much. I have a similar opinion regarding trial and error and keeping other peeps from fvcking up. But the most ones i guess wont take their time and effort to research properly and will most likely buy some cheap shit that was advertised well...lets see, may i am wrong. wouldnt be bad this time :greenthumb:

Very nice light. Great design. Love it.
Did you have the driver custom built? I've never seen one that fits so perfectly.

4 or 5 of these would rock a 3x3 and allow for moving each light around a little to best serve the growth. I appreciate your honest claims also. Great job!
Thank your for your support Sunny. 4 would be perfect in a 3x3 tent. My favorite thing about these is they could be bought separately. As budget permits buying as many as you need or can afford. The driver is not custom made but it is a custom pain in the rear to get stock in.

Wow !! Congrats guys! Hope it all goes great for you. We seriously need serious people putting out serious products! How's I'd love to try one myself, but I'm in europe :/

Sweet !! The world needs this!

2-3 weeks left in flower. This main stem is very impressive.

IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG

@BigSmo A friend is wanting to light up a 2x4 I would like to send him to you. How many autocobs do you recommend? I was thinking 4 or 5. Also, I assume the link to purchase is in your intro. I will need that.

Thanks man

For a 2x4 only 2. I would recommend adding a third but it's not mandatory or needed during veg. That one could be added at a later date too. Yield will go up with the third that's why I recommend it.

Efficientgrowlights.com is the place to check out, it's afn's website for the light sales

Thank you yeaster.

For a 2x4 only 2. I would recommend adding a third but it's not mandatory or needed during veg. That one could be added at a later date too. Yield will go up with the third that's why I recommend it.

Efficientgrowlights.com is the place to check out, it's afn's website for the light sales

Thank you yeaster.

Really. Only 2? I'm surprised. He wants to have 2 plants in a 2x4. So, 1 cob per plant you say. Okay, I will pass the info, with the option of a third later. On second thought, buying a 3rd now would reduce total shipping cost. Do you know the s&h cost to Massachusetts?

Last edited:
4-5 is to much light. I'd drive them if I wasn't so busy lol. I think it's 15 for 2 cobs and 20 for 3-4 cobs.

I have 4 autocobs going in this 4x4 but currently only have 2 now and they are getting plenty of light.

4-5 is to much light. I'd drive them if I wasn't so busy lol. I think it's 15 for 2 cobs and 20 for 3-4 cobs.

I have 4 autocobs going in this 4x4 but currently only have 2 now and they are getting plenty of light.

Wow. I guess I will get to see what these are capable of, first hand. Thanks a lot man. I hope your business booms

Wow. I guess I will get to see what these are capable of, first hand. Thanks a lot man. I hope your business booms
It's a little slow here but locally it's insane. It will take time to get people here convinced. As always thank you for your support bro.

Back