Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

I have a rocbud iced gushers plant. Day 63. I topped it at day 14. The center where the main cola develops, wasn't developing. Only a single, fused looking leaf. Wish I still had a Pic of the plant early on, but I do not. Anyways. It was a mutant, but the side branches had started to develop nicely. So I topped it since it where it should have been the first set of 3 pointed true leafs. Very early. But anyways. This is her today. 5 gal fabric pot

20210323_181724.jpg
20210323_180411.jpg
20210323_180419.jpg

Here's a Fb Jack Herer grown the Autobeast way - it's done way better than all my other attempts in the last 7 months (by a lot). I'm at week 8 - but not sure what to do next. Should I continue feeding for a fortnight then have the last week just water? Or just water from now on? Nice one Autobeast your techniques work in my grow space - big time! (For me.)View attachment 1299888View attachment 1299888
Bud is just beginning keep feeding and keep her happy.lovely plant;) all the best from me.happy growing every1;)

Wow, i just went through 233 pages about 4 years of growth. That was a long and very informative read. Thank you autobeast for spreading the word. I know my next grow will benefit to the fullest from yours (and everyone that contributed) shared knowledge.

Before I stumbled into AFN I thought I knew enough to just grow a plant when I started my first grow and learned some tough lessons (nute lockout, bleaching and a seriously botched cure). I originally just wanted to keep her short due to my space so I read some info about topping at the 7th node and that was what I tried to follow. This thread has really showed a refined process whoes knowledge can only be achieved through hard work and determination and a bit of luck. Cheers Man!

Here's my current grow. Unfortunately I found you a bit late and I topped her at the 6th node about 35 days in. On top of nute lockout again... (bought a quality pen but will be shopping for some Biobizz next round. Adjusting pH is a pain). She is doing ok now. Just not sure if she is in preflower stretch or flowering.
Grow, Live, Learn, Repeat

Attachments

• 20210404_102616.jpg
    20210404_102616.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 20210403_094903.jpg
    20210403_094903.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210402_161145.jpg
    20210402_161145.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Day 17 for the Lemon Kix, happy and healthy and on track for topping tomorrow. I'll top her at the 4th node, a week to recover and then some LST, to open her up. :smoking:

Attachments

• Day 17a copy.jpg
    Day 17a copy.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 61
  • Day17fortwo.jpg
    Day17fortwo.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 55
I'll be topping the LK today but wanted some advice first. It's day 18 and in the night has developed the 6th node. Am I best to top her on the 4th as planned knowing that this girl must have good root structure or leave all that growth and top below the 5th?

I'll be topping the LK today but wanted some advice first. It's day 18 and in the night has developed the 6th node. Am I best to top her on the 4th as planned knowing that this girl must have good root structure or leave all that growth and top below the 5th?
That would be a personal preference honestly.

Personally I would top at the 4th. That'll leave you with less branches to train outwards, 8 to be exact, for an even canopy and less defoliation down the road. At the 6th node would be more work but would theoretically give you a higher yield due to more branches and bud sites. Again just up to what is most important to you in this grow.

• Check Off
Reactions: DOA
That would be a personal preference honestly.

Personally I would top at the 4th. That'll leave you with less branches to train outwards, 8 to be exact, for an even canopy and less defoliation down the road. At the 6th node would be more work but would theoretically give you a higher yield due to more branches and bud sites. Again just up to what is most important to you in this grow.
Space for yield I guess, they're in a 2x4 and an even canopy will be my first goal due to the smaller LED units I have. :smoking:

Do you think I'm best off topping underneath the 5th now @philbrownell05?,@autobeast, I didn't realise just how thick that trunk was until I dived in. It's almost half a plant now on the 4th, I should of done it a few days back and pistols have started to show.

Attachments

• 5th.jpg
    5th.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Day 18.jpg
    Day 18.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Do you think I'm best off topping underneath the 5th now @philbrownell05?,@autobeast, I didn't realise just how thick that trunk was until I dived in. It's almost half a plant now on the 4th, I should of done it a few days back and pistols have started to show.

In my experience your fine to top now if u want m8.. sometimes the first set can be so weak they're not worth keeping so topping at 5 rather than 4 can work out better.. just from my own experience :thumbsup: :vibes:

• Check Off
Reactions: DOA
I have a rocbud iced gushers plant. Day 63. I topped it at day 14. The center where the main cola develops, wasn't developing. Only a single, fused looking leaf. Wish I still had a Pic of the plant early on, but I do not. Anyways. It was a mutant, but the side branches had started to develop nicely. So I topped it since it where it should have been the first set of 3 pointed true leafs. Very early. But anyways. This is her today. 5 gal fabric pot

View attachment 1299953View attachment 1299955View attachment 1299954

Thats an absolute beauty m8.. nice growin :d5::vibes:

Back