Anyone used a duct reducer?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hi

Just wondering f anyone here has any experience with a duct reducer? I’m thinking of buying the ac infinity but they don’t do 5”. My setup is based on 5”, and for me to use AC infinity fan I’d have to use a 6” to 5” reducer. I’ve never installed one of these reducers before.

Is there anything I should know before I purchase ac infinity fan and some reducers?

Hi

Just wondering f anyone here has any experience with a duct reducer? I’m thinking of buying the ac infinity but they don’t do 5”. My setup is based on 5”, and for me to use AC infinity fan I’d have to use a 6” to 5” reducer. I’ve never installed one of these reducers before.

Is there anything I should know before I purchase ac infinity fan and some reducers?
You shouldn't have any issues with using a reducer. The flexible ducting is less than that unless it is pulled taught.

Hi

I'm doing just that on the same fan on both ends I bought a plastic one and a metal one for each end and both worked fine as I didn't want to change my ducting yet as my 125m carbon filter was still working fine

I'm doing just that on the same fan on both ends I bought a plastic one and a metal one for each end and both worked fine as I didn't want to change my ducting yet as my 125m carbon filter was still working fine
How did you install bro? Do they just slide on? I’m not bringing fresh air into my grow room because I’m super limited. My humidity is in the high 60s and I’ve noticed my plants aren’t drinking as much because of humidity, which is raising salt levels too. I feel like as long as the humidity is this high, they are gonna miss out on full days worth of nutrients each time. Just hoping the AC infinity A6 will at least rid my space of 10-20% humidity

How did you install bro? Do they just slide on? I’m not bringing fresh air into my grow room because I’m super limited. My humidity is in the high 60s and I’ve noticed my plants aren’t drinking as much because of humidity, which is raising salt levels too. I feel like as long as the humidity is this high, they are gonna miss out on full days worth of nutrients each time. Just hoping the AC infinity A6 will at least rid my space of 10-20% humidity
it just slides onto the top of the 6 inch also lots of vids on youtube showing how to do it and a stronger fan can really help with humidity are you getting the one with the speed controller

it just slides onto the top of the 6 inch also lots of vids on youtube showing how to do it and a stronger fan can really help with humidity are you getting the one with the speed controller

Yes bro. Not humidity controller and so on because it’s quite expensive as is. I will buy the controller in the future if it’s compatible with the A6 version. It comes with manual speed controller. 8 or 10 settings I believe

Yes bro. Not humidity controller and so on because it’s quite expensive as is. I will buy the controller in the future if it’s compatible with the A6 version. It comes with manual speed controller. 8 or 10 settings I believe
I've got that size fan myself and I bought the controller later down the line also I'm not very clued up on filter cfm etc so just make sure your fan and filter will not be to strong either way @blue maybe able to advice you more on that

I've got that size fan myself and I bought the controller later down the line also I'm not very clued up on filter cfm etc so just make sure your fan and filter will not be to strong either way @blue maybe able to advice you more on that
I’m using a rhino hobby filter. I’ll check the max CFM. Either way, I can more than likely dial back the fan speed so it doesn’t exceed the filter perhaps. Wot ya thinking @blue

Hahah, no unfortunately not! I've not had my new setup delivered yet, and the controller thing looks like a total mystery!! I'll be using it in the most basic way possible as some of you know, i don't like to spend a lot of time in the G-Room measuring temps and strengths!

If i manage to get my head around it, i'll come back and impart any wisdom i may have gleaned during setup! :D

Here is mine the reducer sat right on it and then just taped and clamped it as you can see mine is 5 inch out of the top into my loft and didn't want to have to change it up

Back