Anyone used a duct reducer?

Anyone have any ideas on why the AC infinity is dropping the temp but not so much the humidity? Temp is around 22.1c and humidity is 62c

Hi

Just wondering f anyone here has any experience with a duct reducer? I’m thinking of buying the ac infinity but they don’t do 5”. My setup is based on 5”, and for me to use AC infinity fan I’d have to use a 6” to 5” reducer. I’ve never installed one of these reducers before.

Is there anything I should know before I purchase ac infinity fan and some reducers?

I have 2 4”ducts going into a 6”.

1675009860943.jpeg

I have 2 4”ducts going into a 6”.

View attachment 1560315
That must have been a nightmare bro haha. I have the A6 AC infinity and it moves a lot of air. But even if I run the thing almost full blast it only brings my RH down a little. The best I’ve had it at today was 60%. I have a closed/sealed place. I don’t have intake vents which may be the problem, but the problem is that the humidity in the same room is naturally high, so it will just get sucked into the grow environment. The reason I’m stressed about it is because the plants haven’t been drinking too much. I left them to dry themselves out a bit for a day and a half now. They’re fairly light. But yet the fan will decrease my temps pretty good, but the humidity by 5% at best. I don’t feel crazy diction from the filter, but I feel air going through it. Not sure if the filter could be causing it. Tbh it does need replaced but it’s still keeping smel down for now

That must have been a nightmare bro haha. I have the A6 AC infinity and it moves a lot of air. But even if I run the thing almost full blast it only brings my RH down a little. The best I’ve had it at today was 60%. I have a closed/sealed place. I don’t have intake vents which may be the problem, but the problem is that the humidity in the same room is naturally high, so it will just get sucked into the grow environment. The reason I’m stressed about it is because the plants haven’t been drinking too much. I left them to dry themselves out a bit for a day and a half now. They’re fairly light. But yet the fan will decrease my temps pretty good, but the humidity by 5% at best. I don’t feel crazy diction from the filter, but I feel air going through it. Not sure if the filter could be causing it. Tbh it does need replaced but it’s still keeping smel down for now
Yeah bro… I’m always battling high humidity during flowering as well and I’m even running a large dehumidifier directly outside of the tents. The only way I’m able to keep the R/H down is to leaf strip my plants. My RH will instantly drop at least 20% immediately after I schwazz.

Yeah bro… I’m always battling high humidity during flowering as well and I’m even running a large dehumidifier directly outside of the tents. The only way I’m able to keep the R/H down is to leaf strip my plants. My RH will instantly drop at least 20% immediately after I schwazz.
Wtf. I’ve did this many times and never once did it budge my rh. Maybe because you have a dehumidifier though. I will have to strip as much as I can today though. Jammy dodgers buds are getting thick and close to each other. Bruce banner buds are more Sativa like skinny. I did snap her by accident with low stress training and noticed her stems didn’t get as strong as they couldive. But hoping she will put some more weight on. Just a bit of a struggle because if my Rh is too high they will drink less and leave a ton of salts behind instead. They won’t get the extra P and K they’re after. I have the ac infinity running on level 3 right now. Almost silent which is amazing. For some reason my temp is at 21c with very little air exhausting, despite running a 240w led, and 120w led full blast. Bit strange. For all I know my hygrometer may need calibrated again but can’t fuck with that today, don’t have an additional hygrometer that I know to be accurate. How much are you stripping them? Like crazy bald?

Last edited:
Wtf. I’ve did this many times and never once did it budge my rh. Maybe because you have a dehumidifier though. I will have to strip as much as I can today though. Jammy dodgers buds are getting thick and close to each other. Bruce banner buds are more Sativa like skinny. I did snap her by accident with low stress training and noticed her stems didn’t get as strong as they couldive. But hoping she will put some more weight on. Just a bit of a struggle because if my Rh is too high they will drink less and leave a ton of salts behind instead. They won’t get the extra P and K they’re after. I have the ac infinity running on level 3 right now. Almost silent which is amazing. For some reason my temp is at 21c with very little air exhausting, despite running a 240w led, and 120w led full blast. Bit strange. For all I know my hygrometer may need calibrated again but can’t fuck with that today, don’t have an additional hygrometer that I know to be accurate. How much are you stripping them? Like crazy bald?
The dehumidifier definitely helps. Have to run it constantly during flowering to keep the RH at a decent range.
I take all of them off bro. I’ll do this around the end of the second week of flower then again around the end of the fourth week of flower.

The dehumidifier definitely helps. Have to run it constantly during flowering to keep the RH at a decent range.
I take all of them off bro. I’ll do this around the end of the second week of flower then again around the end of the fourth week of flower.

I’m currently on my 5th. I don’t take everything off but I take a large portion off. I just get concerned that they won’t grow back, and any issues will eat at my sugar leaves and so on. I’m gonna strip them down tomorrow. I’m very impressed with your branching bro super thick. Wish I could pull that off with hand watering haha maybe someday soon. I had a few issues this run. More experience in the end though!

Getting bushy as hell in here. Excuse my massive fan, and pic quality.. using a crappy camera today.

Do you think I’ll be safe to strip two of them at five weeks into their flower cycle?

89F592EC-F28C-40A9-85D0-C2C60905E5D1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m currently on my 5th. I don’t take everything off but I take a large portion off. I just get concerned that they won’t grow back, and any issues will eat at my sugar leaves and so on. I’m gonna strip them down tomorrow. I’m very impressed with your branching bro super thick. Wish I could pull that off with hand watering haha maybe someday soon. I had a few issues this run. More experience in the end though!

Getting bushy as hell in here. Excuse my massive fan, and pic quality.. using a crappy camera today.

Do you think I’ll be safe to strip two of them at five weeks into their flower cycle?

View attachment 1560354
Looking good in there bro! :thumbsup:
You can definitely strip those plants at this stage. Always difficult and very time consuming defoliating when the buds and colas are so delicate and frosty but necessary if you want to maximize the full potential of your plants. I do my best not to brush up against the colas while I’m working and have to pull each individual branch away from the center of the plant to be able to cut the leaves off. When there are no leaf stems on the colas to cut off I use scissors to shear the leafs off the buds to allow more light to the bottom of the canopy. I know this sounds extreme but I’m not into growing larf and these are the things I do to increase yields and to grow higher quality and denser buds down below.

Looking good in there bro! :thumbsup:
You can definitely strip those plants at this stage. Always difficult and very time consuming defoliating when the buds and colas are so delicate and frosty but necessary if you want to maximize the full potential of your plants. I do my best not to brush up against the colas while I’m working and have to pull each individual branch away from the center of the plant to be able to cut the leaves off. When there are no leaf stems on the colas to cut off I use scissors to shear the leafs off the buds to allow more light to the bottom of the canopy. I know this sounds extreme but I’m not into growing larf and these are the things I do to increase yields and to grow higher quality and denser buds down below.
Hey bro, sorry if it’s an inconvience but I’ve heavily stripped them again. No matter what I did, I would rub against some buds. Couldn’t prevent it, especially since my scissors are short lol so I need to get in closer. Jammy dodgers has proven harder to trim in the center, but I did some minor lollipopping on both. I never do this far into flower but I snapped Bruce banner twice by accident when I was stressed one day training her. She had dried up too much so the branches became weaker. I notice whenever I snap them whilst training, the branches never get that thick. They get thinner. A lot of Bruce banner branches are thin and it’s worrying in case they can’t get that dense and produce much. Live and learn I suppose. Humidity hasn’t came down that much since trimming. But I will keep an eye on it tomorrow and trim jammy dodgers again no doubt. What you think? Overboard, or take more off? It don’t look like much but I literally spent four hours doing this today :crying: Pic is landscape mode btw. If you open it, you will get a better look

74882BBC-84E4-4B5A-B938-26E59AAFE8B1.jpeg

A10FF776-3C0B-4D83-B905-BE2F7D29803A.jpeg

904B41DE-9CB5-4446-A570-021E34D90764.jpeg

28682009-702B-4E69-9A6A-1BDEE6C9D372.jpeg

5D022D8C-DFEC-490E-A4E5-081580B1CF2F.jpeg

Back