Any help on Soil Mixing

yeah man, thanks dude, but if you wanna play it easy you could mix with the soil and not the potting holes if you plug or teir plant or anythinf.Id take a fat half of even a full leveled cup and mix with the total of 22 gallons of soil and let mix after the water and stuff is added and passes the squeeze test and let it sit in a tote uncovered for a week or two if you can and that'll do juuust fine,and with a few feeder teas for strain specific and small normal cal mag and auto behavior patterns,imo it'll do fine

the plant magic soil supreme does have sphagnum peat. http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/soil-supreme/14/
yes, my espoma also has both peat and perlite, but I like more, personal choice. Also if you get to recycling you may find you have too much peat or perlite because they barely breakdown. An auto is going to grow just fine for it's short life in just about any soil you can buy. I wouldn't worry too much about all the trace minerals at first. Making soil becomes a hobby and takes a lot of natures time. That's why I like to make it as far ahead as possible. But I would never postpone planting because my soil is not ready.

ya thats a weird statement,so add trace elements later on after its growing and rooting out? its too late and wont bleed or blend into the soils and let the roots break down the powders that are there.the rock aspect of it is a lil trickier ,yet trace mineral additives NEED to be added prior to the blending ,sitting or even cooking of ANY said soil to mellow,and blend decent as to not be a form of HOT or caustic for the young roots taking shape and getting strong..and of course you dont want to keep food from a growing living thing ya? so add them when you mix your soil first..let it sit for minimum a week imo especially if you adding any lime which of course I would..both types but its the same principal all around.blend the soil and the plant will exude certain sugar,carbs and proteins to also help bleed,blend and grow said plants and help the probiotic and dampening compound of a good antiseptic soil..which any quality soil IS exactly that assuming it s a well balanced living soil..an aerobic soil.. blended and full of proprietary foods and energy ready to be used.

I mean don't worry about every little thing they tell you is necessary your first grows. Later, as in after you see how pot will grow in just a bag of fresh Happy Frog, you can see ways to improve your soil. And then the cooking becomes a real kitchen project. I like the aroma of my soil better than a room full of flowering pot.

yeah I understand but problem is you have to really know what companies are doing to their soils,such as Fox Farms or nowadays fuxfarms and mant of the bag the sell are wrought with issues from gnats to slamming low PH or even high PH. but yeah i understand what your saying now.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/beware-of-fox-farms-ocean-forest-soil.34044/

and this goes for most ALL of thew soils they have,and wouldnt suprise me if others are hitting the same wall. thats why I build my own from promix brick and a coco coir brick and a 3CF bag of perlite and some castings then i throw the works into it and cook it. so i know the quality from ground zero as most should and Im assuming you too understand that as well.good deal bro.

yeah I understand but problem is you have to really know what companies are doing to their soils,such as Fox Farms or nowadays fuxfarms and mant of the bag the sell are wrought with issues from gnats to slamming low PH or even high PH. but yeah i understand what your saying now.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/beware-of-fox-farms-ocean-forest-soil.34044/

and this goes for most ALL of thew soils they have,and wouldnt suprise me if others are hitting the same wall. thats why I build my own from promix brick and a coco coir brick and a 3CF bag of perlite and some castings then i throw the works into it and cook it. so i know the quality from ground zero as most should and Im assuming you too understand that as well.good deal bro.
what is a promix brick? I used promix for many years but the bags got too heavy for me.

a brick of coco and its a bale actually,I just called it a brick LOL! but its as heavy as a good moist bag of soil. but it goes a long way with a brick of coco and a few gallon of perlite. it also comes smaller i think something liek 2.2 CF which is only half the weight and most likely less than a bag of soil I would think assuming its dry and not kept in the rain er something LOL

http://www.spraysmarter.com/catalog/product/view/id/36074/.html?gclid=CKegrdyl6c0CFcgfhgod_RsFgA

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 61
yeah man, thanks dude, but if you wanna play it easy you could mix with the soil and not the potting holes if you plug or teir plant or anythinf.Id take a fat half of even a full leveled cup and mix with the total of 22 gallons of soil and let mix after the water and stuff is added and passes the squeeze test and let it sit in a tote uncovered for a week or two if you can and that'll do juuust fine,and with a few feeder teas for strain specific and small normal cal mag and auto behavior patterns,imo it'll do fine
what do you mean by small normal cal mag?

So I have all the stuff now for mixing the soil.
soil.jpeg

The mix I suggest with your help is:
50L PM Soil Supreme
2KG Volcanic Rock Dust
5KG Dolomite Lime
5KG Worm Castings
25-30L Perlite
A Healthy dose of PM Granules in the potting hole on potting up.

PS: The big bin I got for storing the soil in has a pretty strong smell from the plastic. It's like a tar/bituminous smell. Do you guys think that matters? It won't taint the soils somehow? Please tell me that's just paranoia lol:baked:

Back