Status
Not open for further replies.
I use BlueLab. I have had the same pen almost 3 years now. I maintain it well and always put a little KCL storage solution in the cap. Keep it hydrated always and it will give you long service.

View attachment 1058003
View attachment 1058002

Yeah it’s getting pretty outta hand now lol. That doesn’t seem like too bad of a price honestly, how long does all the packets of calibration and storage stuff last you? I’ll only be growing 3 plants at a time in 3 gallon pots. Also would I have to buy some Ph up and Ph down packets. I’ve got another question about my other seedling, the tips of the leaves grew in yellow and now the new growth seems yellow too. It’s on day 15 In FFHF. I had the same spots on my NL as a seedling and it got bad lol. Haven’t fed it anything but the rain water

Attachments

• BB48070F-7315-4A16-A371-0968D67D6C0E.jpeg
    BB48070F-7315-4A16-A371-0968D67D6C0E.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 0F302685-0B61-443D-B450-FC1DC91BCFDB.jpeg
    0F302685-0B61-443D-B450-FC1DC91BCFDB.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 704D4CA8-2727-42ED-87CF-DAFCA096C7F7.jpeg
    704D4CA8-2727-42ED-87CF-DAFCA096C7F7.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yeah that first plant is tortured. The next two looks like nutrient burn with too much nitrogen and/or PH?

My opinion is probably gonna fall on deaf ears but I've used the cheapest of PH pens and they are good enough for a few grows before needing calibration again.

I now use a meter that looks the same as the Dr Meter listed above. Feel its the same tbh. Only now I get water temps too. We are growing plants, not working in a chemistry lab is my humble opinion.

I've seen marvelous grows with growers just using color changing strips to get a ball park figure. Not to mention straight tap water.

It is also my humble opinion that you are definitely overwatering. Let the top inch get dry. Then soak the pot with just plain PHed water or bottled water with no nutes. Then repeat with very low nutes. You will be surprised how little water they need and how too much can drown and cause PH and deficiency issues.

She can still give some yields.

Yeah it’s getting pretty outta hand now lol. That doesn’t seem like too bad of a price honestly, how long does all the packets of calibration and storage stuff last you? I’ll only be growing 3 plants at a time in 3 gallon pots. Also would I have to buy some Ph up and Ph down packets. I’ve got another question about my other seedling, the tips of the leaves grew in yellow and now the new growth seems yellow too. It’s on day 15 In FFHF. I had the same spots on my NL as a seedling and it got bad lol. Haven’t fed it anything but the rain water
I like the individual packets of calibration fluid although they are not the most economical the fluid is fresh each time. Yes you will need PH up and down. I use GH up and down. It is inexpensive. GH makes a hydroponic kit with PH fluid testing. I buy Up by the gallon and down by the quart at my local hydro shop.

ScreenHunter_193 May. 11 17.35.jpg

I like the individual packets of calibration fluid although they are not the most economical the fluid is fresh each time. Yes you will need PH up and down. I use GH up and down. It is inexpensive. GH makes a hydroponic kit with PH fluid testing. I buy Up by the gallon and down by the quart at my local hydro shop.

View attachment 1058044
Alright I’m definitely gonna be ordering the pen and a kit for it within the next 4 days or so, I’ve currently ran out of rain water. So what would be my best bet until I get my Ph meter? I’ve let a gallon of tap water sit out for over 24 hrs with no lid or should I just got buy some bottles or distilled water until it comes in the mail?

Are you on city water or well?

City water. Here’s a water quality report, it’s 2 years old. If it helps any
You need to load it full size so i can read it. The main thing we are looking for in that report is sanitation. Do they use chlorine or chlorine and ammonia?

You need to load it full size so i can read it. The main thing we are looking for in that report is sanitation. Do they use chlorine or chlorine and ammonia?
Yes I see chlorine on there but nothing about ammonia. I made it full size now

Yes I see chlorine on there but nothing about ammonia. I made it full size now
Ok then you do not need to worry about chloromines. I would mix distilled water 50/50 with your tap water. Chlorine will evaporate rapidly overnight is more than enough time. Use this as your base until you can test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back