Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s spreading to the new growth now it seems like. It’s also on some of the nodes, and the growth has seemed to slow down a lot
Well that looks like a Potassium deficiency but what is causing it? PH? Humidity too high or low ( 40% to 60% :thumbsup:) or are you just starving the plant? I notice that it looks like it is in a clay pot, is it new or used? Virgin clay is ok. Used clay pots harbor way to many life forms good and bad.

First review the nutrient information from the vendor. I make stoner mistakes all of the time :haha: Mix a batch at 80% PH it to 6.0 and water to 20% run-off. If you have microbials (Mykos etc.) add that. Wait a couple of days to see if that helps. Emergency measures if you think you need them would include foliar spray of Earth Juice Microblast or Fulvic Acid and Kelp Extract 5:2 ratio. Add a tiny pinch of Yucca powder or a drop of soap (not detergent) to your foliar spray so it spreads better on the leaves. Always best to foliar feed in the plants morning.

Tag me if you have questions.

Well that looks like a Potassium deficiency but what is causing it? PH? Humidity too high or low ( 40% to 60% :thumbsup:) or are you just starving the plant? I notice that it looks like it is in a clay pot, is it new or used? Virgin clay is ok. Used clay pots harbor way to many life forms good and bad.

First review the nutrient information from the vendor. I make stoner mistakes all of the time :haha: Mix a batch at 80% PH it to 6.0 and water to 20% run-off. If you have microbials (Mykos etc.) add that. Wait a couple of days to see if that helps. Emergency measures if you think you need them would include foliar spray of Earth Juice Microblast or Fulvic Acid and Kelp Extract 5:2 ratio. Add a tiny pinch of Yucca powder or a drop of soap (not detergent) to your foliar spray so it spreads better on the leaves. Always best to foliar feed in the plants morning.

Tag me if you have questions.

I’m not really sure about the humidity, and I don’t have a Ph meter yet. I’ve been looking for a decent one for like 40 dollars or so but I haven’t found any yet that I like. I’ve been using collected rainwater, not off a roof or anything just put in the open. Isn’t rain waters Ph supposed to always fall around 6.3? As for the clay pots I bought them brand new this was the first plant grown in them. It started out as little spots on the leaves, then I gave her her fist dose of nutes, she responded well so I waited another 2 days watering with nothing but rain water in between then I feed her again, 1ml of grow big In a liter of water with around .5ml of CalMag mixed. And then started all the serious burning

Last edited:
No, rain water's PH can be all over the place. There is no substitute for knowledge. Good meters are worth the money you will pay for them. I am probably one of the cheapest growers on this forum and I learned that the hard way. I have been pondering how to get you into the ballpark without a meter and we need something. Can you get this or a garden soil PH test?

ScreenHunter_193 May. 10 22.15.jpg

No, rain water's PH can be all over the place. There is no substitute for knowledge. Good meters are worth the money you will pay for them. I am probably one of the cheapest growers on this forum and I learned that the hard way. I have been pondering how to get you into the ballpark without a meter and we need something. Can you get this or a garden soil PH test?

View attachment 1057771
I can get either one of those but I saw this at my local tractor supply. Would this be of any help?

Attachments

• DA0B2707-0162-482F-B4E1-92A6D35F2CEC.png
    DA0B2707-0162-482F-B4E1-92A6D35F2CEC.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 47
I can get either one of those but I saw this at my local tractor supply. Would this be of any help?
My past experience with that type of meter is really bad. I think you will get better info with a liquid kit or litmus paper until you can afford a quality meter.

My personal take is 1 litre a day is a little too much for such a small plant. Overwatering and perhaps a PH lock is most likely the culprit. PH lock may or may not be due to rainwater. It could be due to the high level of nutes either in soil or by previous watering. This usually causes Cal Mag and other micro deficiencies. When we add more nutes, it compounds the issue.

I believe you got it right by letting it dry out a bit in the beginning. When you saw progress, perhaps you wanted more and went a little more overboard? I'm really still a newb so just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Also, when you do water, try to make sure its all evenly moist and not soaked. Drainage is paramount.

My past experience with that type of meter is really bad. I think you will get better info with a liquid kit or litmus paper until you can afford a quality meter.

So what’s a good meter I should get that’s not like 200 dollars lol.I’m able to get one but I’ve just pushed it off cause I’m cheap af. Thought I’d try to slide through without one but it looks like I’m gonna have to give in. I think with this one I’ll let her recover a good bit then just run her course. I’ve got a tangerine dream that’s on day 15 now hopefully I can learn from this one and apply it to the next.

Your kinda in a spot that a meter is required, you need to test the pH of the soil itself (slurry) and ppm. Happy frog is a mild soil blend that has plenty of nutrients for the first several weeks. Fox farms QC hasn't been stellar lately, have had bags test in the high 5s. If the pH is outa wack, the deficiency won't go away.

I use this meter currently. Marked improvement over the yellow cheappies, but not a blue. Can usually be had under 40$
SmartSelect_20190511-115926_Chrome.jpg

I use BlueLab. I have had the same pen almost 3 years now. I maintain it well and always put a little KCL storage solution in the cap. Keep it hydrated always and it will give you long service.

ScreenHunter_193 May. 11 13.12.jpg

ScreenHunter_193 May. 11 13.14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back