Outdoor Amnesia7 Greenhouse grow

Reaction score
So this greenhouse is sittin empty. It's 36'x100' and there's no power budget yet to fix her up like her fancy sisters, so I thought to pop in an auto crop. The house has a couple HAF fans, and extraction with manual roll up sides. The plan is to put about 1500 girls in here and see what happens. I mixed up some organic soil, and planning to hand water. I sourced 2,000 fem Amnesia7 seeds from my friends at Section7, and will run a few F1's and some other stuff as well. Stay tuned...

IMG_0820.jpg

20 yards of organic soil mixed up and ready to go. Just waiting for 1k 7 gal fabric pots to clear customs so I can germ. The mix design is a slight departure from my norm, as there were some free inputs available to incorporate. Mixture has a high coir content for air/water holding capacity. The fish compost that is locally produced in my area has the most balanced nutrient profile of any I have analyzed, allowing for a compost heavy mix. Now that the pile has had a week to rest and mineralize, I will be sending a sample in to the lab for analysis. I anticipate a single top dress with mulch over, then water only for duration of grow.

soil.jpg

germinating seeds
So I germed 1080 auto fems today. I soaked them for 18 hrs. in a 15% solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide. This chemically scarifies the seed coat, pushes dissolved oxygen into the seed, and kills any fungal pathogens on seed coat. Seeds were sown in 72 cell plug flats using a screened prop mixture containing fine coir, peat, fish compost, dolomite, and kelp meal. Seeds are germinating in a 40" sea can converted to a prop room. Sun is shining, and it is good to be a farmer in the middle of nowhere during a global pandemic. It would be great to get some feedback, if anyone is interested in my summer project. Peace, Stew

seeding.jpg

I’ll follow along. We are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum though, as I start my first grow after a 25 year hiatus haha! A lot has changed, but a lot is the same too. I’m interested in greenhouse growing, on a smaller scale, so stoked to see how this goes.

I’ll follow along. We are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum though, as I start my first grow after a 25 year hiatus haha! A lot has changed, but a lot is the same too. I’m interested in greenhouse growing, on a smaller scale, so stoked to see how this goes.

Awesome! Thanks for your interest. Good culture is key to a successful grow, whether you have 10 plants in a closet or 10,000 in a greenhouse.

I nearly fell off the chair when I saw the size of the greenhouse..
Good luck with the grow 'stew, I'm definitely following..

Yes, hand watering this crop, so it will be a bit of work. I've managed larger greenhouses, but with full automation, and lots of help. This is on par with the largest auto crop I've grown which is stressful because I always expect a few hermies per thousand when I grow from seed, and will have to rogue them quickly so I don't pollinate other greenhouses nearby. Thanks for following! I will do my best not to disappoint.

You and me both @Seed, what an interesting project!

@stew, I will be really interested to see how your project goes. It is just a bit bigger scale than my recent grow. :biggrin:

Best of luck with the grow! :pighug:

Back