Lighting All LED Indoor Grow- Quantum Boards vs AutoCob's

Well morning update for today. I got the new timer in and setup in the flower 3x3 tent. Tonight the light will go out for the first time. Checked the kill-a-watt meter with the 3K lights in here and the (5) of them are pulling 298 at the wall. I was able to sex (3) of the plants from the veg tent already and very happy with all three as they're the ones I really wanted to be girls, my Fookies, the Bigger Dark Plasma, and the Bigger of my Nightmare Kush plants. I also culled one of the Vienna Skunk seedlings and transplanted the rest and my Jelly Bean seedling into 1 gallon pots. I will get back in there later tonight to make sure the timer is doing it's job and to check on the Auto Tent as well. In the next day or two I will take cuts from the three girls in the flower tent and top the entire top canopy of all three plants and it's go time for flower. Excited to see what these 3K COB's do after vegging with the 6500K lights. Very happy with the health of the three girls going into flower.

Veg tent (6500K)

IMG_20171230_124652.jpg
IMG_20171230_124706.jpg

Flower tent (3K)

IMG_20171230_124600.jpg
IMG_20171230_124553.jpg

Thanks for checking in
:peace:

Well, I slept most of the day and got some well needed rest, I have to say this is the first new years eve I can remember where I had absolutely no alcohol LOL. Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything like that just the family parties usually involve a lot of drinking. I was good with just my smoke and it feels great to not be getting up later all sick and hungover etc lol. Anyways happy new year to everyone. I got in the garden just after midnight and put a few hours in. I watered/fed everything in the Veg tent and the Auto tent, and I'll get to the flower tent later on today after the lights come on, I have not peeked in there since moving the three girls over to flower so excited to see how they look and I need to take cuts from all three of these girls also. I also put my four Hubbaa Bubba seeds into dirt to get them going. They were long overdo to be planted lol. Tonight's feed was Flora Nova Grow, Ful-Power, Protekt, Cal-Mag Plus, and PH was adjusted to 6.0 as I usually do I like it there gives you a buffer up and down but still in a range for plants to access what they need. EC was 2.0, I know that sounds high to most people but a light feed with this product is still about 1.5, I'm just playing catch up right now with the plants and in the Auto tent really gonna try and push these plants for maximum yield and quality. None of my SH's have any burnt tips or anything and the color of the plants is just spot on. I do not remember the last time I had so many plants in my garden at the same time looking this good I'm very pleased. The plants are all LOVING life with the lights up higher at 30" from the canopy. I lightly defoliated my Sour Hounds, just removed the top pair of large fan leaves on each because they were covering flowering sites underneath that will now get light. I think that covers everything for this garden visit, I'm just trying to slow down and enjoy the journey, I really enjoy growing and all the different aspects of it. I have to honestly say trying to become a decent grower has been one of the most humbling and challenging things I have taken on in life and I'm really starting to enjoy it, especially the breeding and starting my own seeds to see what I created etc. Wish I would have started doing this a long time ago lol. Oh well there's a lot of green to grow for 2018 so let's get to it.

Veg Tent

IMG_20180101_004907.jpg

This is my Jelly Bean [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] (Satori X GG#4)

IMG_20180101_004927.jpg

The Sunflower is blowing up this is absurd LOL

IMG_20180101_004955.jpg

A few Shots of the 4x8

IMG_20180101_023324.jpg
IMG_20180101_023651.jpg
IMG_20180101_023658.jpg

And one of the leaves I pulled from the Sour Hound F2's

IMG_20180101_030641.jpg

Thanks for checking in

I was able to get into the flower tent this morning after lights on. I did some work in there and today was the first water/feed since I put them in the Flower tent under the 3K lights. I'm really liking how these plants are starting off, and they are all stinky girls.I fed them the transition feed with the grow and bloom nutes mixed half and half next feeding we will go full on Bloom and the week after I might add Hydroplex simply because I have it on hand already so why not but we will see.

IMG_20180101_064827.jpg
IMG_20180101_064841.jpg

So what do we do in my garden at the beginning of flower with the Photo's, we top and defoliate, yup I murdered that awesome view from above LOL............bring on the tops......................I also took 4 cuts of each of the three plants and put them right into pro mix to see if they will root. I have done this with my organic soil in the past, we will see what happens, I am hoping at least two cuts of each plant root.

IMG_20180101_090144.jpg
IMG_20180101_090153.jpg

Thanks for checking in

Very nice. Plants look bomb. Just found this thread, I love it. I'm striving for something very similar. In fact I have 2 Vader og 3wks or so from harvest, 1 of them is a keeper. I started with 5 got 2 females, I had taken clone of all 5. Stuck cuttings in a piece of aloe, then straight into coco, all 5 grew roots. I just built a diy cob light for my 2x4 full of autos. Been using flora trio and flora nova, love the ease of 1 bottle of base nutes. I will be following along.
Growers love. Here's my keeper Vader wk5 of flower
IMG_20171230_180312532.jpg

Very nice. Plants look bomb. Just found this thread, I love it. I'm striving for something very similar. In fact I have 2 Vader og 3wks or so from harvest, 1 of them is a keeper. I started with 5 got 2 females, I had taken clone of all 5. Stuck cuttings in a piece of aloe, then straight into coco, all 5 grew roots. I just built a diy cob light for my 2x4 full of autos. Been using flora trio and flora nova, love the ease of 1 bottle of base nutes. I will be following along.
Growers love. Here's my keeper Vader wk5 of flowerView attachment 845822

Let me know how that vader OG turns out I have a stash of OG beans to get to still the Dark Plasma was just the first I got into.

For all those concerned about the butcher in the flower tent lol here's a pic was gonna make you guys wait til next week but w/e lol

IMG_20180103_153150.jpg

Bounced back fast.

Whew man what a night working in the garden. I got 3 males in my veg tent and they were the three big shitty plants I'd been fighting with all along so down they came. Also chopped a fourth plant of one of my crosses as I was tired of babying it along. I adjusted the lights in the veg tent for the remaining plants and moved all the clones I took over to the veg tent from the 4x8. Everything besides the flower tent was watered and fed tonight. Feed was Flora Nova Grow, Fuel-Power, Cal-Mag Plus, and Protekt. EC 1.5 and PH was 6.0 In the big 4x8 tent I threw out the (4) HBS seeds as it has been a few days and no sprouts off they went. I also topped all the younger plants that had not been topped yet. The veg tent got a foliar spray of Spinosad and the 4x8 got a foliar of Method 1 pps.

Veg tent

IMG_20180103_200359.jpg

The 4x8 with the Auto's

IMG_20180103_200411.jpg
IMG_20180103_200418.jpg
IMG_20180103_200426.jpg

And the Sunflower

IMG_20180103_212555.jpg
IMG_20180103_212603.jpg

I will update the flower tent in the morning when the lights are on. I need to get in there and water tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in

So I was able to get into the flower tent this morning after lights on. I watered and fed with Flora Nova Bloom, Fuel-Power, Cal-Mag Plus, and Protekt. EC was 1.5 and PH 6.0 The girls got a foliar of Method 1 pps as well. After some LST with all three girls I decided to toss in a trellis net and see how it goes with the plan to add a second layer after they stop stretching, I am hoping this will help for plant support not so much to serve as a true SCROG although I did weave the branches through for now. I've never done this before so screw it let's see what happens lol.

IMG_20180104_080549.jpg
IMG_20180104_081550.jpg

Last edited:
Back