Indoor AB Fills the Tent!

Love your grow! Everything looks amazing m8 keep it up :) Peace

Hi friends, time for another update but not much to report these days. The plants are doing well and either fully flowering or making the transition. Yesterday we hit the 90s here for the first time since last September, and temps are doing fine in the tent with the extraction fan running at half speed. I am very impressed with the cooling properties of this vent hood, enough that I bought the whole setup off my friend that I was borrowing it from (he's gone to LED). I don't know if I will always use it, but it's worth having around. Over the weekend I replaced the bulb with a Ushio Super HPS and the plants loved it. Unfortunately I haven't taken them out of the tent and viewed them in natural light since Monday, and when I checked yesterday the leaves of the plants right under the light have a golden, suntanned look to them. Not like a deficiency sort of yellowing, and the lower leaves that weren't directly under the light are normal green. I guess it's the start of light bleaching, but the plants seem happy as hell and it's certainly not a heat issue. I can put this hood down within a few inches of the canopy without it getting too warm, but the intensity is clearly too much. I moved it up from around 6" to 10" so we'll see how it goes. My previous grows with HID lights always had the light way up high due to heat issues, so I've never seen this before.

I got a new 3'x3'x6' tent yesterday which will give me some more headroom now that I have the large hood hanging in there. I guess my current tent will become the drying space but I have to sort out airflow and odor control. I really wish I could have kept my old drying cabinet. It was a small space with a bathroom fan and carbon filter & I had it dialed in for the perfect dry every time. Very easy to get the humidity right where I wanted it. I guess I'll try using a small fan and some ductwork to take the smelly air from the drying tent and vent it into the main tent with the filter. Even though they can be had for under $100 on Amazon, I really don't want to invest in another carbon filter and fan just for drying. Still thinking about all that.

On to some pics at day 54:

All_Day54.jpg

Tent_Day54.jpg

Magnum - This girl was in very rough shape a couple of weeks ago, but she has come around nicely. A little droopy in these pics, but I took them right before lights out so she's just resting. She's around 14" tall and still stretching, so she got another dose of veg nutes in hopes of a bit more vertical growth. I was really looking forward to having this strain in my collection, so I'm very relieved that I'll get a decent harvest even if it's not as big as I'd hoped. Still smelling of green bananas with no real discernible cannabis scent.

BM_Day54_1.jpg

BM_Day54_2.jpg

BM_Day54_3.jpg

TD - This is another one I have been looking forward to growing for some time, so I'm bummed that the yield will be on the low side. But given how bad things looked last month, I really cant complain. Just over a foot tall and holding there for several days, so she's on full bloom nutes from here on out. At least the bud sites that she does have are getting thick and frosty already, so expect her to be pretty chunky by the end.

TD_Day54_1.jpg

TD_Day54_2.jpg

TD_Day54_3.jpg

WW - The last of the sickies but she's budding up nicely. Very frosty but given the fact that she stalled out right at 12" tall, there is only so much bud she'll be able to produce. Still clawed from the earlier environmental and food issues, but no new signs of any unhappiness. She just got her first full dose of bloom nutes & I expect her to be a fast finisher. Both her and the TD have a nice grape bubble gum aroma.

WW_Day54_1.jpg

WW_Day54_2.jpg

WW_Day54_3.jpg

Cobra - This girl is happy as can be & still growing like a weed. She passed 20" tall and is just starting to develop some bud sites, so another full shot of veg nutes was in order. I think this one will end up with a very nice yield when it's all said and done, which is great considering how far behind the others she was until recently. No smell yet other than a generic green leaf aroma.

FC_Day54_1.jpg

FC_Day54_2.jpg

SMR - She's stalled out around 27" tall so she's on full bloom nutes the rest of the way. I'm stoked to have this plant doing so well since I love the WOS strains. I've still got a couple ounces of AKR in my stash but I've been bummed that I only have a few grams of Pakistan Ryder left. Getting a big harvest off this Sugar Mango will definitely tide me over until I can grow some more PR. She's just starting to develop a sweet, fruity smell to go along with the skunk she's had for weeks. Unfortunately I sunburned her a bit at the top, but she'll be fine.

SMR_Day54_1.jpg

SMR_Day54_2.jpg

SMR_Day54_3.jpg

MD - The Magic Dragon is the star of the show, and she just keeps getting fatter. I rarely defoliate my plants, but I had to remove a dozen or so big fan leaves from the bottom because they simply were getting no light. The vegetation is so dense that it's practically pitch black at soil level. The bud sites are already very firm and there are some nice trichs forming on those purple calyxes. Not much of a smell other than some green banana with a little cracked black pepper spiciness.

MD_Day54_1.jpg

MD_Day54_2.jpg

MD_Day54_3.jpg

MD_Day54_4.jpg

MD_Day54_5.jpg

Thanks for checking in! :pighug:

Last edited:
Wow...you have a lot of irons in the fire there, Mr. Botwin!

Cheers! Looks like you've got it on lock down!

Wow...you have a lot of irons in the fire there, Mr. Botwin!

Cheers! Looks like you've got it on lock down!

Thanks, T50. This grow has been a major pain in the ass from the start so I'm glad to have things somewhat stabilized for the home stretch. Yields will suffer due to the environmental issues, but in the end I'm going to have 6 new strains jarred up and that's all that matters. I figure the quarter to half pound I get from this grow will last me well over a year, not to mention at least a half pound already jarred up, so I don't know why I worry about yield at all. I guess I just hate putting so much work into something and have it not reach my expectations. But this journal is proof to any new growers that even when it seems like everything is going against you, just ride it out & the plants will reward you with something good in the end. :peace:

Wassup Andy nice variety you got there! May i ask what brand of tent you got that was that tall? i have been looking for one thats like 80+ inches tall on Amazon since i use HPS and the only ones that are made that tall i can find are Lighthouse Hydro, Grow Hut, Secret Jardin, and Gorilla grow tents but some of those are a bit pricey (the quality seems great though) what you decide to go with brother? :Sharing One:

Hey fwee, thanks for stopping by. I realize now that I made a mistake in my post & the new tent is actually 72" tall. It's a Secret Jardin DR90 that I got for $150 on a 4/20 sale. I have a low ceiling in my basement so I was only able to go with 72" tall. Otherwise I would have probably bought this one that is 78" tall:

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesaler...qid=1399666783&sr=8-4&keywords=3x3++grow+tent

I'm in an LED Wholesalers tent right now and I think it's a good value. The downside is that there are no vents in the side for a cooltube or air-cooled hood, but those are easy enough to add yourself with these flanges:

http://growershouse.com/dual-6-flange-kit

Hope this helps!

Wassup Andy nice variety you got there! May i ask what brand of tent you got that was that tall? i have been looking for one thats like 80+ inches tall on Amazon since i use HPS and the only ones that are made that tall i can find are Lighthouse Hydro, Grow Hut, Secret Jardin, and Gorilla grow tents but some of those are a bit pricey (the quality seems great though) what you decide to go with brother? :Sharing One:

Last edited:
Hey fwee, thanks for stopping by. I realize now that I made a mistake in my post & the new tent is actually 72" tall. It's a Secret Jardin DR90 that I got for $150 on a 4/20 sale. I have a low ceiling in my basement so I was only able to go with 72" tall. Otherwise I would have probably bought this one that is 80" tall:

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesaler...qid=1399666783&sr=8-4&keywords=3x3++grow+tent

I'm in an LED Wholesalers tent right now and I think it's a good value. The downside is that there are no vents in the side for a cooltube or air-cooled hood, but those are easy enough to add yourself with these flanges:

http://growershouse.com/dual-6-flange-kit

Hope this helps!

it does thanks bro im in that exact same led wholesalers tent right now lol pretty good tent :Sharing One:

Impressive stuff. Can't wait to see your harvest! Looks amazing.

Your ladies are coming along nicely Andy. Karma to ya!! gonna pack on the weight!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Your ladies are coming along nicely Andy. Karma to ya!! gonna pack on the weight!!!

Back