Indoor AB Fills the Tent!

:thumbs:thats what i call an update. well detailed love that. and they are looking good brother, that dd has some wicked structure. and the others look so damn bushy well done my friend:Sharing One:

:thumbs:thats what i call an update. well detailed love that. and they are looking good brother, that dd has some wicked structure. and the others look so damn bushy well done my friend:Sharing One:

Thanks, bud. I don't post here too often so I have to make it count when I do. :smoke:

Long overdue update on the grow. This week spring returned & the plants have finally made some decent progress after last week's cold temps (I sound like a broken record...). After the flush I mentioned in my last update, it took a full week for some of the pots to dry out enough to water again. :no: At one point when I was dismayed watching them droop in the cold, I had the idea to use my digital meat thermometer to check the temperatures in the pots. All of the cloth pots had temps in the low 50s in the middle of the soil, and let me tell you, nothing good happens when the roots are that cold. Interestingly enough, my Magic Dragon has been thriving in the same conditions, and when I tested the temp it was a full 10 degrees warmer than the others. That plant is in a plain old 2.5 gallon plastic nursery pot, which clearly does a better job of insulating the soil and holding heat than the cloth does. That's something to consider in future grows where cold is a possibility.

At some point as mother nature was kicking my ass, I tried adding some heat to my tent but the single circuit I have in my basement could not handle it along with the lights and ventilation. In the next few days I will be running another one to the area so that I have the power to deal with low temps in the future if needed. This space tends to run cooler that the one in my last house, which will hopefully help out on hot summer days. It's more underground than the last basement, so it doesn't absorb as much radiant heat from the light hitting the house. I'm also going to be borrowing a 400w HPS from a buddy of mine and firing that thing up once I get the electrical work finished. It will take some doing to get the vented hood all sorted out in the tent, but hopefully that will give the plants a boost and help dry the soil out faster than my T5. I am also considering switching to synthetic nutes with some of the struggling plants so I have more control of feeding in flower, but I haven't made up my mind about that yet. On to the pics:

Day 41

All_Day41.jpg

Tent_Day41.jpg

Magnum - If you can believe it, this plant actually looks a lot better than it did a few days ago. It went 8 days from the flush before it dried out enough for another watering, and since then has started to perk up and grew a couple of inches. Looks like I've overnuted the hell out of her, but she's only had two feedings in her life as well as a small flush. Clearly the roots were damaged early on and she's stunted, but we'll nurse her along and see what she can produce.

BM_Day41_1.jpg

BM_Day41_2.jpg

TD - This plant has been relatively healthy but not thriving the way I would like. It's stretching out now in preflower but is still only about a foot tall. Hopefully it'll bulk up a bit more before going into full flower, but I expect a decent yield even if it doesn't grow much more.

TD_Day41_1.jpg

TD_Day41_2.jpg

TD_Day41_3.jpg

WW - Man, look at those claws. Like the Magnum, this one is overfed despite only a couple of feedings of organic nutes in 41 days. The cold temps in the tent have really wreaked havoc on some of these plants root development and feeding. Since the warm weather returned in recent days, it's grown a few inches and looks much improved. Hopefully there's enough root structure there to handle flowering and give me some kind of worthwhile harvest.

WW_Day41_1.jpg

WW_Day41_2.jpg

Cobra - This little gal still only has a few pistils popping out and hasn't really gotten into the preflower stretch yet. She's been drinking and eating much more than the three plants above, and I expect to see some good height put on over the coming days.

FC_Day41_1.jpg

FC_Day41_2.jpg

SMR - Lots of stretching and bud site development this week, and I'm hopeful that this one will have a large cola with several good side buds.

SMR_Day41_1.jpg

SMR_Day41_2.jpg

SMR_Day41_3.jpg

MD - This bush is now over 18" tall and 20" wide and still vegging like crazy. The branching is a tangled mess and there are at least a dozen good bud sites already formed. She's got some cool purple-tipped pistils as well. I can't want to see how this one turns out.

MD_Day41_1.jpg

MD_Day41_2.jpg

MD_Day38_3.jpg

MD_Day41_3.jpg

Thanks for checking things out. At this rate some of these plants will still be going in July, so we may be here a while... :roflcry:

Very nice update, enjoyed reading that. Sorry you had to flush =/ But the other ones are still looking pretty good. Nice job.

looking good Andy. Bummer about your temps, that 400 hps should help in a big way!! All that aside, how do you like the EZ roots pots?? I haven't had enough grows with em, to be able to tell if they out do the smart pots or not. Your MD looks AMAZING! Now all you have to do is bring your gals home!! Happy growing!!

Thanks for stopping by, guys. :Sharing One:

Electrical work is done and the 400w HPS is running with temps in the 70s. Tentcam view:

347337d1398787898-high-team-general-chat-thread-tent.jpg

dead pic for me...

May just be my Safari browser, I can see all the other pics in the thread.

Edit: I get the blue box/question mark

Back