New Grower 7 in 1 pot grow!

Amazing work, well done,
Do you split the pot in sections prior to planting the seeds.?

Hey Bear!
Yup! But I use cardboard to separate them. During their veg cycles they grow roots in their own parameter. But by week 3-4 the cardboards mush and disintegrate, causing the roots to share the entire medium for the rest of flower.

Some time ago I found this research article where plants communicate through the root system, when one plant is stressed or attacked (defoliating super ripping topping etc), the other plants start creating defences, in this case it's trichomes!

I used this method before and I was absolutely blown away with how frosty my buds where! Never looked back lol compared to the same genetic I grew before this method, my nugs this time around are coming in very frosty:
IMG_20210801_203557_712.jpg

If I find the article again il send it your way!

I'm curious if your using mycorizzae(spelling). What your referencing with the roots talking to each other is the fungal myco networks communicating and helping each plant be healthy. The example i heard was In a forest that trees with a damaged canopy will get extra nutrients and other things based on the fact the other trees knew it was sickly. There's definitely something to it especially in no till living soil beds seem to shine. How big is that pot? I saw your first grow and was pretty impressed. Would've thought the sf4000 ppfd would've burnt the crap out of the plant's.

I'm curious if your using mycorizzae(spelling). What your referencing with the roots talking to each other is the fungal myco networks communicating and helping each plant be healthy. The example i heard was In a forest that trees with a damaged canopy will get extra nutrients and other things based on the fact the other trees knew it was sickly. There's definitely something to it especially in no till living soil beds seem to shine. How big is that pot? I saw your first grow and was pretty impressed. Would've thought the sf4000 ppfd would've burnt the crap out of the plant's.

Hey Ace!

I did use mycorrhizae this time around when mixing my soil, it's a shark picture brand! Was pretty pricey and came in a small pot. But my previous 4in1 was in plain Coco. You reckon my Coco medium made some myco?

And I do remember the article mentioning mycorrhizae here and there, something to do with symbiosis. But that was a different chapter about nutrient uptake, no mention of communication. Can mycorrhizae transport hormones?

And yes! I was very impressed with the 4in1. I also learned that I was feeding it with far to high PPM levels aswell, at around 2300ppm but the plant just took all of it with no leaves showing any funky colors. Either Fastbuds have improved their genetics, or the root communication theory has some truth in it... HmMmmmm. Major props to the SF4000, the girl does it's thang!

My pot size... I have no clue I bought it ages ago. It's around 40cm diameter and 30cm high. 10 gallons? Or litres I'm not sure but it's 10 something :S

• Haha
Reactions: blue

blue

Ten pints of soil please! ^_^
Volume of cylinder : π x r2 x h
π x 20 cm2 x 30 cm = 37699.11184 cm3
This converts to :
9.96 US Gallons @Cookiemonster69 Correct guess :yay: :yay: :yay:
8.29 UK Gallons
37.7 Litres
79.67 US Pints
66.34 UK Pints
Worked out using App on phone

Volume of cylinder : π x r2 x h
π x 20 cm2 x 30 cm = 37699.11184 cm3
This converts to :
9.96 US Gallons @Cookiemonster69 Correct guess :yay: :yay: :yay:
8.29 UK Gallons
37.7 Litres
79.67 US Pints
66.34 UK Pints
Worked out using App on phone
LOL!! THEN we all can agree I bought a 10 US gallon hey! I'm so bad at maths it's ridiculous... But my guess game strong :p

Myco works almost like your thinking. The roots give off carbs to feed microbes in exchange for sugars. Hormones definitely have their place but I think that's to adjust what's being exchanged. I do know its symbiotic and they swap what one wants for the other. The microbes mine and chelate nutrients into plant available forms in exchange for sugar/carbs is my loose understanding of it. I've heard lots of soil biologists speak on it but its hard to put into words. Plus its pretty early research going on. I remember reading the biggest object on earth is I believe a fungal colony somewhere in the woods. How scientists know this no clue. I think you have great white shark myco. They came out with a couple new products one is king crab thats all beneficial bacteria similar to mammoth. You can get a decent sample for 5 bucks shipping in their website. I cycle recharge, fish shit, and king crab. About once per week. Love those microbes. Jeff lowenfells teaming with fungi has lots of cool info about it.

View attachment 1352352
I'm absolutely blasting the gals with flowering nutes now. Her under foliage had a lot of yellow crispy leaves that I took off. First time I got her out the tent.

My nemesis has returned.... HIGH TEMPS!

Wanted to buy an AC unit, but I still need to pay like 7 parking fines :mad:
absolutely stunning you have blown my mind also how big is this pot also dont forget out of season for next year look for a cheap air con and i think you should of passed most of the heat now maybe an odd week left

I use Mychorrizal fungi, is that the stuff u mean @Ace12 it's excellent stuff, I definitely noticed a difference using it,

Back