Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

I squished 12 g. each of the Blue Dream and Blueberry secondary buds @210°F and got 1.1 g. and 1.3 g. respectively. I decarbed each one with matching amounts of Cocoa butter at 252°F for 27 minutes and made chocolate bars out of them.

I licked the bowl and spatula to clean them before washing. I got so high I had to have my wife drive me to the corner to buy our weekly lottery tickets.

:doc1:

So if rosin is 70% THC (the average) .7 X 1.1 = 770 mg of THC in the first bar (25 sections per bar) and 910 mg in the second bar or 30 mg and 36.4 mg per piece. That is some strong meds.

I Tried screwing around with a curling iron but I am not happy with the lack of control or the results. So I have decided to build a 6 ton rosin press for personal use. I am waiting the arrival of the heating elements to complete the project. I am also waiting until the last minute to buy the 6 ton press since stuff is always going on sale at Harbor Freight. I might get a better price than the 20% off coupon? I have done all of the machining on the plates accept the holes for the heating elements. I want to wait until I have them in hand and can measure them for a good fit. Here is the parts list:

View attachment 795380

I will post some pictures when I start to assemble this.
I was looking at this press, but wanted to know if I wanted the a-frame size but change jack to a 12 ton would it work? Want the smaller size frame but the 12 ton jack make sense? Ready to buy just trying to get right press. Need to move so like the smaller a-frame lol.

Last edited:
I was looking at this press, but wanted to know if I wanted the a-frame size but change jack to a 12 ton would it work? Want the smaller size frame but the 12 ton jack make sense? Ready to buy just trying to get right press. Need to move so like the smaller a-frame lol.
I think you could bend the frame with 12 tons of pressure; you could probably get away with 8 ton. I get more than enough squeeze on my 3x5 plates. Might be able to go up to 4x6 plates but I just don't need the volume.

Back