Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

The stubby bottle jack a little over $300, the dab press plates and controller a little under $300, the steel, wood etc around $100. Then theres the time! As a Machinist with a shop at home that didnt cost me a dime!
Thanks for looken!

This is a DIY press i recently completed, affectionatly known as the "FlowerRocket". Been off here for a while, thought id drop in for a minute! View attachment 978679 View attachment 978680

That is a work of art. what size are the plates?

I am wishing I had an air/hydraulic jack. I am making more rosin than I ever anticipated and two hours of pumping the jack is hard on my bad back.

Thanks for the compliment, the plates are 3x5.

And when you move into air / hydraulic or electric / hydraulic both the price and the size increase substantially. Now, a bad back sounds like ligit justification to upgrade!

After reading the whole post i see similiarities as far as the obsticals encountered while learning with the new press. At this point im comfortable enough with the process however, i do face a bit of a learning curve going forward im hoping someone can help me with?

The wife and i are medical, pure and simple. Tea, RSO, caps and now rosin. Neither of us smoke so administration is always a consumption thing for us.

Tea's easy, the RSO was a little harder due to learning the dosing. Now were moving into rosin and are completely lost. The wife's one of them autoimune people and she appears to be alergic to the carbon (plant mater itself). This is the reason for the rosin press, try to get as basic as we can and elimenate some stumbling blocks along the way.

So what am i looking at here, does anybody eat rosin, sublingual or other wise? Im sure ill have a out the same effect as the oil or not?
Anything you can toss in would be welcome!

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment, the plates are 3x5.

And when you move into air / hydraulic or electric / hydraulic both the price and the size increase substantially. Now, a bad back sounds like ligit justification to upgrade!

After reading the whole post i see similiarities as far as the obsticals encountered while learning with the new press. At this point im comfortable enough with the process however, i do face a bit of a learning curve going forward im hoping someone can help me with?

The wife and i are medical, pure and simple. Tea, RSO, caps and now rosin. Neither of us smoke so administration is always a consumption thing for us.

Tea's easy, the RSO was a little harder due to learning the dosing. Now were moving into rosin and are completely lost. The wife's one of them autoimune people and she appears to be alergic to the carbon (plant mater itself). This is the reason for the rosin press, try to get as basic as we can and elimenate some stumbling blocks along the way.

So what am i looking at here, does anybody eat rosin, sublingual or other wise? Im sure ill have a out the same effect as the oil or not?
Anything you can toss in would be welcome!
Have you seen my video on making medible chocolate with rosin? Rosin averages about 700mg of actives per gram so it is easy to make replicated batches and dosing is just a little math. The video is on the AFN home page.

Yes, i found it and i can do that. Since i gotta expert on the line let me ask you this. Mom and i are into the snappier stuff, no indicas around here. In our late 60s our goal is be happy, dont hurt. That seems pretty simple until you start wading thru myriad strains that dont necessarily match the advertising.

If i make a sat dominant bar are we gonna be out running the horses at the derby or is that managable?

Yes, i found it and i can do that. Since i gotta expert on the line let me ask you this. Mom and i are into the snappier stuff, no indicas around here. In our late 60s our goal is be happy, dont hurt. That seems pretty simple until you start wading thru myriad strains that dont necessarily match the advertising.

If i make a sat dominant bar are we gonna be out running the horses at the derby or is that managable?

It is not like speed! I have made 2gram chocolate bars with Blue Brilliant, Green Crack and most recently with Wild Thailand. We are talking 1400mg divided by 25 pieces (the size of my molds) so each piece is about 56mg. Taking that much is almost hallucinogenic and you will be very high for many hours and feel the effects for up to 14 hours. The thing is you make them as strong or weak as you like. I only eat 1/3 of one piece for a normal dose around 20mg when I make them that strong. Most of the time I use about 1.3grams of rosin in a bar.

Add Jack
Well, well, well. I installed a
Astro 5304A 20 Ton Low Profile Air/Manual Bottle Jack
on my press today. It fit well - not perfect but it works sweet. I am running 30psi and being careful not to apply too much pressure as I believe the 20 ton pressure would explode the frame. I will run some batches tomorrow and let you all know how it works out.

jack1.jpg
jack2.jpg
jack3.jpg

Back