Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

Just pressed ~17g each of the Monster Profit and Blue Brilliant; yield was a little better than 2g each or ~12%. This is above average in my system. Making chocolate bars as I type this. I think I will try the Blue Brilliant first. I will let you know in a few hours how it is.

Pictures!

Pictures!
Sorry already in the chocolate bars and I just licked the bowl. :woohoo:

It was medium light green. The Monster Profit had to be worked on the cold pans but the Blue Brilliant picked up easily at room temperature.

@Root People are finally starting to utilize my rosin chocolate bar recipe. I cannot wait until I start getting some more feedback. I know how well they work for me.

I got my molds ordered from amazon prime. I picked up 2 of these for starters. Just trying to find a good cocoa butter now -- preferably a local buy. I should have my first batch ready mid week if all goes smooth. I already have 2.5g of Sour Livers rosin pressed and 8 mason jars of flower remaining. I'm waiting for some sheet parchment paper I ordered to get here before I do any more pressing. I find the time consuming part is the prepress and prep of parchment when tearing it off a roll. Sheets will reduce the time to press.

upload_2018-6-3_18-15-3.png

Are you using 2 sheets or folding over?
I use 2 sheets.
OMG I am still high from last nights dose of Blue Brilliant rosin chocolate. 15 hours later! I used 2 g. of rosin in one bar and consumed 1/50th or about 38 mg. I was way too high and way beyond my comfort zone. This stuff is the strongest to date. The buzz was both mental and physical. I was pinned to my chair and could barely follow the TV shows. I have a bar I made from the Monster Profit rosin using 2 g. also but I think it will be a day or two before I will try it. I definitely need to dial it back to about 25 mg. or less.

I use 2 sheets.
OMG I am still high from last nights dose of Blue Brilliant rosin chocolate. 15 hours later! I used 2 g. of rosin in one bar and consumed 1/50th or about 38 mg. I was way too high and way beyond my comfort zone. This stuff is the strongest to date. The buzz was both mental and physical. I was pinned to my chair and could barely follow the TV shows. I have a bar I made from the Monster Profit rosin using 2 g. also but I think it will be a day or two before I will try it. I definitely need to dial it back to about 25 mg. or less.
welcome back. I ate a very small bud that I decarbed. It was the size of a white grape. I could not stand and I knew I had gone too far :eek1:. Take care

Finally got the chocolate made. Such an easy recipe too. The hard part is making the rosin.

I took a 1/4 piece (which worked about to about 10mg of rosin) and it wasn't enough. Took another 1/4 3 hours after the first. So this isn't ideal. Tonight I'll eat a 1/2 piece at the start and see how that goes. I'm going to wait a couple of days and more dosage experiments at night before I comment on the effectiveness of it. But I can say it's easy to make. And you can taste the rosin quite easily when you eat the chocolate which is a real bonus.

This is the recipe I used as per @Mañ'O'Green who is one awesome rosineer! Thanks bro. Really appreciate it.

1.5g rosin
1.5g cocoa butter
2 tsp. Sunflower Lecithin
4.5 oz. chocolate bar

Decarb the rosin and cocoa butter for 27 minutes ~ 252°F. While decarbing melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (not boiling). Stir in the lecithin and then the decarbed rosin mixture. Stir really well then pour in a mold and chill. Enjoy.

20180606_082715.jpg

Finally got the chocolate made. Such an easy recipe too. The hard part is making the rosin.

I took a 1/4 piece (which worked about to about 10mg of rosin) and it wasn't enough. Took another 1/4 3 hours after the first. So this isn't ideal. Tonight I'll eat a 1/2 piece at the start and see how that goes. I'm going to wait a couple of days and more dosage experiments at night before I comment on the effectiveness of it. But I can say it's easy to make. And you can taste the rosin quite easily when you eat the chocolate which is a real bonus.

This is the recipe I used as per @Mañ'O'Green who is one awesome rosineer! Thanks bro. Really appreciate it.

1.5g rosin
1.5g cocoa butter
2 tsp. Sunflower Lecithin
4.5 oz. chocolate bar

Decarb the rosin and cocoa butter for 27 minutes ~ 252°F. While decarbing melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (not boiling). Stir in the lecithin and then the decarbed rosin mixture. Stir really well then pour in a mold and chill. Enjoy.

View attachment 915985
@lunarman Yes it is a good idea to start small and increase as needed. I made some 2 g. chocolate bars the other day and after licking the bowl (not much really) and eating 1/2 of a piece I was way too high. Locked into my chair and could not really follow a tv show. Fairly uncomfortable for me for 3 or 4 hours and it lasted over 15 hours as I was still stoned the next morning.

Back