Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

I dunno...that homogenizer looks like it's mostly just like a stick blender type thing with a heating unit to warm stuff up. A Magical Butter Machine is basically the same thing, and a lot cheaper than 2K.
Yeah not even close. A homogenizer is designed to shear molecules without creating heat. That shearing process can create a lot of heat at the shear point if not designed correctly. That heat could destroy the cannabinoids we are trying so hard to grow. Most of the different brands I looked at the shaft and blades cost more than the motor due to these very precise tolerances. Guess what they wear out and need to be replaced periodically based on the viscosity of what you are homogenizing.

Nosias: this is a great process if you have $8,000.00 laying around not doing anything to buy a mixer. Then you have to make a batch big enough to run it? I am sure the big boys will catch on to this.
Good find!

They already have, there's a new venture a week practically of guys trying to cash on it lol.

@Root People are finally starting to utilize my rosin chocolate bar recipe. I cannot wait until I start getting some more feedback. I know how well they work for me.

I bet they taste yummy too!
:pie:
That was one of the things that surprised me most since you need to decarb at 252°F for 27 minutes as part of the process. I thought all of the terpenes would be cooked off but not so. I can taste the delightful difference between every strain with the Zambeza Auto Blueberry the absolute best. In fact I am going to get a piece right now.

In the never ending search for a good vape recipe I have switched gears to a QWET to distillation method. When I harvested yesterday I threw all of the wispy popcorn buds loosely in mason jars - 8 of them - and put them in the freezer. This stuff is usually pretty much worthless. This morning I did a QWET Just pouring the frozen alcohol from jar to jar after 5 minutes each Shake a bit every minute. Then I distilled it off in the clone Green Machine. I promptly blended .5g with 5 drops of flavorless terpenes. Put it in a tank and vaped it. WOW WOW WOW I got so stoned on 3 small hits that I had to wait most of the afternoon to be able to write about it. I does not have much flavor but those wispy little buds really did not have much going for them. The white flakes on the oil is from freezing the spatula and flaking off the remaining oil. I got just under 5g or enough to make 8 - 1ml vape cartridges.

oil3.jpg
oil1.jpg
oil2.jpg

I'm here where there's lots of rosin discussion to be had.

Does anyone feel that bags are necessary. I opted out of them on my order of my newvape plate kit. A local yocal just uses a tri folded parchment paper so I thought I would follow along.

Next week about this time (Weds probably) I'll have my plates doing squish duty. I have maybe 4 zips of flower that I'm doing to squish. And make chocolate out of quite a bit of it for my bed time edible insomnia treatment.

Back