Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

I'm still deciding what to do with the big bag of chips I've got going. Part tempted to just assume not enough in 'em to mess with and toss them in with the yard waste for composting. But also thinking I might take a hand full and toss them into the Magical Butter Machine at like maybe twice the normal weight of unpressed material, make some oil or butter and see what kind of edibles I end up with.
I have a MBM II as well but these little chips are pretty dense to put in there. You should at least hang on to those chips until I report back with some results as to whether or not they are worth messing with.

Ok so I have all of these left over "chips" from pressing and I know there has to be something left over in them. I have decided to make RSO out of them. @Mossy @wwwillie @Son of Hobbes I don't know if just saying that is a problem or how much of a description I can go into here but the subject is part of pressing. I will not say anything else until I get a ruling on what is permissible here.

Let me have a discussion with a few people about it to get a better idea of how we should go forward. I would like to say though, thank you for asking. Seriously, that's almost unheard of these days lol. :bighug:

Let me have a discussion with a few people about it to get a better idea of how we should go forward. I would like to say though, thank you for asking. Seriously, that's almost unheard of these days lol. :bighug:
Ok thanks.

I too have many chips collecting, and have a mbm II. If @Mañ'O'Green Is allowed to discuss in more detail, may I get in on this? Not sure what he is talking about, but unsure if they would tear up my mbm II? I think I have a possible idea what he is talking about, but as well do not want to say the wrong thing. If not, no worries I'll find something to do with them lol.

I too have many chips collecting, and have a mbm II. If @Mañ'O'Green Is allowed to discuss in more detail, may I get in on this? Not sure what he is talking about, but unsure if they would tear up my mbm II? I think I have a possible idea what he is talking about, but as well do not want to say the wrong thing. If not, no worries I'll find something to do with them lol.
I think they would tear up my MBM I am not willing to risk it.

Here is a new one: another AFN member got me wondering If I could make a tincture from rosin? I have some things to do tomorrow but next week I will take a run at this.

I just decarbed 1.3 g of Green Crack rosin in 2 g of vegetable glycerin. Then I proceeded to mix that into 1 oz. of vegetable glycerin to make a tincture. I had to heat the vile in boiling water to get it to mix at all and it is not very homogeneous. I have some things to do around the house before I can test it out. I will report back later.

I just decarbed 1.3 g of Green Crack rosin in 2 g of vegetable glycerin. Then I proceeded to mix that into 1 oz. of vegetable glycerin to make a tincture. I had to heat the vile in boiling water to get it to mix at all and it is not very homogeneous. I have some things to do around the house before I can test it out. I will report back later.

There is a company that makes a VG specifically to get the parts tho mix and stay mixed. I have to find the name.

Ok so the 5 drops was very mild after 2 hours so I took 10 more. Once again the initial buzz came along 10 to 15 minutes in - mild and smooth. Now after 2 hours since the additional dose I am quite high. So most of the dose is being absorbed in my digestive system as opposed to sublingual. I am going to try adding a little bit of lecithin and see if it improves the sublingual uptake. uhm that will be tomorrow or later :doc1:.

Wow I got baked last night on this tincture. The flavor is amazing. It is not very homogenous and most of the absorption was by digestion and not sublingual. Hot water does not get it hot enough to blend so I may try a hot oil bath at 240°F to see if I can get it to mix better. I am also going to add 1 g of lecithin. The whole idea here is to get a rapid response sublingual tincture without alcohol.

Back