Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

This is the Goldie Rosin Story. My first homemade Pre-Press was 1"x1" square and I pressed ~ 1.25 g of bud. it worked ok but volume to slow so I tried putting two puckson the press side by side like you are suggesting. I always lost some rosin that went in the crack between the two pucks. Then I bought a 2 - 3/4" x 1 - 1/2" pre-press that did ~4g. (it is shallow)Too much bud squished out of the press plates around the edges. then I made a 1- 1/2" x 1 - 3/4" deep press that holds ~ 3 - 3.5 g. This works just right for me. I think I posted how to make that pre-press early in this thread. Really inexpensive but a lot of work filing and sanding the solid to fit inside the rectangular tubing.
Ya, try to see if I can get some one to make your design for me lol. I have had rosin leak through and get on my plates. But when I check paper no tear or rip, so how is it getting through, why? To much pressure, to long, to much heat? Not sure which it is cause I go as much pressure as long as it's making rosin. Been changing temp up and down latest was at 250°f and it happens I don't think that's to hot so I don't know????

Ya, try to see if I can get some one to make your design for me lol. I have had rosin leak through and get on my plates. But when I check paper no tear or rip, so how is it getting through, why? To much pressure, to long, to much heat? Not sure which it is cause I go as much pressure as long as it's making rosin. Been changing temp up and down latest was at 250°f and it happens I don't think that's to hot so I don't know????
I think 250°F is way too hot; I am not pressing over 210°F. I get a little bleed through the Raw parchments mostly on a second press. I clean my plates every couple of hours with alcohol. When I collect the rosin I collect the backside first before I peel them apart to get the good stuff.

I think 250°F is way too hot; I am not pressing over 210°F. I get a little bleed through the Raw parchments mostly on a second press. I clean my plates every couple of hours with alcohol. When I collect the rosin I collect the backside first before I peel them apart to get the good stuff.
Is that what's happening? Is it soaking through? I just have Reynolds parchment, was going to ask you about best but not top dollar pre cut parchment paper. Pain in the ass cutting all the time lol. 250 was a test got good taste, color was light ish green, good yield. Was do higher with straightener. Going to go down 240 see what's the different.

20180109_075522.jpg

4g's SODK

20180109_110221.jpg

20180109_110208.jpg

20180109_105905.jpg

Ripleys OG from the other day. I have never had "crumble" but I would think it's something like this. It was like butter thats outside dried out. It's like dry but moist, kind falls apart when collecting big chunks. Thin stuff is more like shatter, not that I have had that either lol. 1st press at like 215 or so. Kinda cool never made nothing like this with a straightener hahaha.

Is that what's happening? Is it soaking through? I just have Reynolds parchment, was going to ask you about best but not top dollar pre cut parchment paper. Pain in the ass cutting all the time lol. 250 was a test got good taste, color was light ish green, good yield. Was do higher with straightener. Going to go down 240 see what's the different.
Is this a measured temperature with a calibrated sensor - Instant read thermometer or just what your controller says because if I pressed at 250°F it would be much darker than that?

These are the ones I use and I like them:
Raw Parchment 5x5 squares

ScreenHunter_123 Jan. 09 12.02.jpg

Is this a measured temperature with a calibrated sensor - Instant read thermometer or just what your controller says because if I pressed at 250°F it would be much darker than that?
Controller, for now so may not be exact. But they are close if not right. The straightener is used was not reflective and was around 270-280 and the SODK was a darker green so it seems to be in line. The Ripleys OG was at like 215 maybe 210.

Where can I buy the metal for the pre press mold? HD, or Lowes have it? Most likely they don't so not sure where to get. Don't have any metal like that around.

Pre press mold, super cheap style:

Two small mason jar lids, one of the lid rings, and a small hand clamp from the hardware store...
img_1500-jpg.621228

img_1501-jpg.621229

img_1502-jpg.621230

img_1504-jpg.621231

:baked:

Back