Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

I agree. I used cause bud is crispy and habe a ton of it. Was nice, I just need a bigger press because .5/1g isn't big enough lol.
Get some 62% Boveda bags and increase the moisture content of that bud; you will get a much better yield. Are you pressing 1/2 a gram?

For what it's worth, I find the "sweet spot" for the 4" round plates I use to be around 1.5-2g of flower. I cure with the Boveda packs as well, and also can endorse them for a good pressing moisture content level. Especially if you're like me and going to just leave the flower sitting for months and months at a time in the jars until the mood strikes one day to break out the press. :jointman:

Get some 62% Boveda bags and increase the moisture content of that bud; you will get a much better yield. Are you pressing 1/2 a gram?
Ya, I got them. GG4 is extra dry, dont know why?? Got 8oz of it so not waiting. My pollen press makes .5/1g pucks roughly.

Ya, I got them. GG4 is extra dry, dont know why?? Got 8oz of it so not waiting. My pollen press makes .5/1g pucks roughly.
I don't understand what this means " .5/1g " ?

Half to 1 gram?

Gold star for Tycho!
Ok thanks. On this side of the pond we use this symbol to mean divide "/" and .5 divided by 1 is .5 :yeahthat:.

Ok thanks. On this side of the pond we use this symbol to mean divide "/" and .5 divided by 1 is .5 :yeahthat:.
Ya buddy, I'm from them same pond lol. I guess I should have used - not /. From the other side of the same pond they kinda mean the same thing. I used decimals cause I didn't want to spell it out hahahah. Just did some gsc yielded for shit. Got real good from the gg4. Going to make 4 - 1g pucks of the gsc in the morning and put them together as close as I can, like it's 1 piece. Not sure if it would be better to spread out or put close? Thinking if i put them close then they may smash together into 1, losing less rosin to the smashed patty.

This is the Goldie Rosin Story. My first homemade Pre-Press was 1"x1" square and I pressed ~ 1.25 g of bud. it worked ok but volume to slow so I tried putting two puckson the press side by side like you are suggesting. I always lost some rosin that went in the crack between the two pucks. Then I bought a 2 - 3/4" x 1 - 1/2" pre-press that did ~4g. (it is shallow)Too much bud squished out of the press plates around the edges. then I made a 1- 1/2" x 1 - 3/4" deep press that holds ~ 3 - 3.5 g. This works just right for me. I think I posted how to make that pre-press early in this thread. Really inexpensive but a lot of work filing and sanding the solid to fit inside the rectangular tubing.

@Mañ'O'Green I have gotten excellent yield, but I have noticed the rosin gets very brittle after it cools. Losing a little when collecting, any idea how to stop That? Even at 190 gets hard not sure how to correct. The thick stuff get like crack lol, but looks like a mucus ball kinda. Have not dabbed it yet. That's ok just breaks like in chunks, the other stuff gets lost. Shoot across parchment when it comes off. wtf...
for the hard stuff i hold it between the palms of my hands for 20 seconds makes it a bit more workable and try rolling your tool instead of scraping :smoking:

Back