Extraction Rosin Press (Flower) listed on Amazon (cheaper on ebay) Thoughts?

Why would you want to press buds at 62% relative humidity vs no water content at all (fully dried). Isn't water a contaminant/unwanted in resins? Whether resin will be smoked or vaped, why have any water content?

Supposedly under all controlled optimal conditions 70% RH gets you the most return... but it drops off like a rock as you go higher.

62% works fine. I like mine around 65% or a touch higher.

It's something to experiment with as you dial everything in.

:hookah:

I like 190-200 for thick paste lol. Super terpy when you go slow and low. I got some Forgotten cookies that's makes nice rosin, I'm chopping her on Monday. Did a sample good one for rosin for sure.

I just squished a 4g top of LSD-25 @180

Return looked like 60's honey oil.... kicks like a mule.... and tastes about the same as a damn fishouse smells... with a touch of earthy tossed in for good measure

I only care about the part where it kicks like a mule myself... but this fishy business is pushing it

:smokeit:

I just squished a 4g top of LSD-25 @180

Return looked like 60's honey oil.... kicks like a mule.... and tastes about the same as a damn fishouse smells... with a touch of earthy tossed in for good measure

I only care about the part where it kicks like a mule myself... but this fishy business is pushing it

:smokeit:
180 is a good one if I have some really terpy stuff. Had some Kings Kush was so stanky, at 180 was like dabbing rotten meat lol. Straight up hot sick smell meets funk.

180 is a good one if I have some really terpy stuff. Had some Kings Kush was so stanky, at 180 was like dabbing rotten meat lol. Straight up hot sick smell meets funk.

I like the meat stage myself... and if I can hit grilled I'm all set. Plus beer of course.

The old Dragons used to have an occasional grilled meat smelling pheno that I loved.... which reminds me, I gotta do a seed run....

I consume the majority of mine in old school globe oil pipes. For me that method seems to magnify terps and effect.

It's a fun little hobby with tons of experimentation possibilities

I like the meat stage myself... and if I can hit grilled I'm all set. Plus beer of course.

The old Dragons used to have an occasional grilled meat smelling pheno that I loved.... which reminds me, I gotta do a seed run....

I consume the majority of mine in old school globe oil pipes. For me that method seems to magnify terps and effect.

It's a fun little hobby with tons of experimentation possibilities
I got a funk skunk in my tent now a fastbuds Bluedreamatic. Got some sweet to her, but skunky on the backside. Cant wait to try her in a few weeks.

I got a funk skunk in my tent now a fastbuds Bluedreamatic. Got some sweet to her, but skunky on the backside. Cant wait to try her in a few weeks.

Sounds good....

I got a FB GG4 pounder just finishing up now that I'm going to squish 100% of.... I will get in a LOT of experiments on that girl :eyebrows:

Sounds good....

I got a FB GG4 pounder just finishing up now that I'm going to squish 100% of.... I will get in a LOT of experiments on that girl :eyebrows:
Me too, well I did 2yrs ago but she was just over 8oz's. Some of the best rosin I ever made bud! Shit was like movie popcorn butter, just the butter lol. Was awesome never had bud that was buttery, taste was awesome energetic high that mellows. Their stuff usually makes excellent rosin. I have mostly Mephisto then fastbuds, they seem to be 1a and 1b then everyone else no disrespect to others just what I've seen. I can still smell that butter when I shut my eyes hahaha.

Why would you want to press buds at 62% relative humidity vs no water content at all (fully dried). Isn't water a contaminant/unwanted in resins? Whether resin will be smoked or vaped, why have any water content?

From article I will link: "Another major factor that we determined after many flower rosin presses is that the humidity and moisture content of your buds will make a massive difference for your flower rosin yields. The reason for this is that if your cannabis is very dry, it will act like a sponge when the trichomes are liquefied, thus soaking up much of the rosin before it has a chance to escape. When you press your flowers, always make sure the relative humidity content of your material is at least 55% to 62% for optimal results."

Article found here:

I got that press for Christmas. Holds temp pretty nice and first trials were at 212 at 4 minutes. My rosin I got was kind of gooey, and was told to try to back down a bit, so pressed at 192 and was able to dab the rosin off the parchment paper after it was in the freezer for a few minutes. Earlier stuff, started to smear and I bought some dry ice and put a flat pan on the dry ice and the convection kept the whole thing VERY cold. Was able to get the "smeared" rosin off the parchment paper.

Any good trick on getting rosin off parchment paper?

I saw a video where a guy collected rosin on his tool and used parchment paper to wipe it off. Why would you go to the trouble of collecting rosin off a parchment paper to then just smear it back on? I put my rosin in a little silicone container I bought on Amazon.

BTW, I managed to buy the press for $138.00 free shippin on ebay. Arrived in original packaging. They probably sell thousands of those things.
Saw another press called MyPress, on youtube. It is supposed to put 6 tons of pressure in the 3" x 3" square. Has LIFETIME warranty. SO.... how much pressure do you "really" need to get good results pressing flower for rosin?

Found this on Youtube channel regarding the return of rosin % as it relates to the humidity of the bud pressed. Seems like each strain has it's sweet spot, but proper hydration of buds is "king" for getting better returns.

Back