Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

I just used what I had laying around. If you do a web search on "bottle jack release valve handle" there are some already made for the purpose.
14.95 and 17.95 are the 2 options I found. May try making my own i know 2 welders so I can get something made i think.

14.95 and 17.95 are the 2 options I found. May try making my own i know 2 welders so I can get something made i think.
I think I used about $5 worth of parts but like I said I just had them already. I am a borderline hoarder. My garage is packed to the rafters with stuff I "MIGHT USE":wizzy:

@Mañ'O'Green I have gotten excellent yield, but I have noticed the rosin gets very brittle after it cools. Losing a little when collecting, any idea how to stop That? Even at 190 gets hard not sure how to correct. The thick stuff get like crack lol, but looks like a mucus ball kinda. Have not dabbed it yet. That's ok just breaks like in chunks, the other stuff gets lost. Shoot across parchment when it comes off. wtf...

The consistency can run the gamut from oily-sticky to dry-brittle depending on the strain, moisture content of the starting bud (62% recommended) and extraction temperature. For dry-brittle warm your pick-up tool a little for oily-sticky work on a cold surface. I use two cake pans one larger with cold ice packs sandwiched in between (see on page 4 of this thread).

Nice thread. Good job MOG.

My plans for the new year is to get a press together. I want to press Live Rosin this year. I have to add value to my crop because vanilla outdoor flower prices are terribly low. The upside is that I don't have to hold a huge inventory. Still, I'll keep choice buds whole, and I'm not going to pay 10k+ for a press.

The consistency can run the gamut from oily-sticky to dry-brittle depending on the strain, moisture content of the starting bud (62% recommended) and extraction temperature. For dry-brittle warm your pick-up tool a little for oily-sticky work on a cold surface. I use two cake pans one larger with cold ice packs sandwiched in between (see on page 4 of this thread).
Ya, thanks man! I figured out to warm dabber lol. Other issue was to small pucks. Rosin was sitting on plates under pressure. It was toasting it. Came with 2 micron filter bags stuffed with gg4 got much better end product. Going to try to play with it this week.

Ya, thanks man! I figured out to warm dabber lol. Other issue was to small pucks. Rosin was sitting on plates under pressure. It was toasting it. Came with 2 micron filter bags stuffed with gg4 got much better end product. Going to try to play with it this week.
I think each press may have its own sweet spot. Mine is 3 g. I have bags but only use them for making rosin I intend to make into E-Juice the rest of the time it seems just an extra step as it does not really increase my volume. A couple of little tiny pieces of plant in the chocolates is inconsequential.

I think each press may have its own sweet spot. Mine is 3 g. I have bags but only use them for making rosin I intend to make into E-Juice the rest of the time it seems just an extra step as it does not really increase my volume. A couple of little tiny pieces of plant in the chocolates is inconsequential.
I agree. I used cause bud is crispy and habe a ton of it. Was nice, I just need a bigger press because .5/1g isn't big enough lol.

Back