Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

Ok so it is later than tomorrow. I forgot to come back here:shrug:.

This works so sweet. I did a 2 hour pressing session on some old bud I wanted to get rid of and got 4.5g of beautiful rosin. No pumping and no back strain. I found a Pascal formula for calculating the pressure exerted by the hydraulic ram based on the air pressure used. 30psi ~ 5.1 tons, 35psi ~ 6 tons and 40psi ~ 6.8 ton. I am using it at 30psi and can hold the air on until the ram stops moving and seems to be a little less squeeze than when I hand pumped the 6 ton jack as hard as I could. I may bump it up to 35psi but I hate the idea of blowing up the frame. 30psi worked just fine. You know how us pressers are though - more pressure, more pressure, more pressure.

Ok so it is later than tomorrow. I forgot to come back here:shrug:.

This works so sweet. I did a 2 hour pressing session on some old bud I wanted to get rid of and got 4.5g of beautiful rosin. No pumping and no back strain. I found a Pascal formula for calculating the pressure exerted by the hydraulic ram based on the air pressure used. 30psi ~ 5.1 tons, 35psi ~ 6 tons and 40psi ~ 6.8 ton. I am using it at 30psi and can hold the air on until the ram stops moving and seems to be a little less squeeze than when I hand pumped the 6 ton jack as hard as I could. I may bump it up to 35psi but I hate the idea of blowing up the frame. 30psi worked just fine. You know how us pressers are though - more pressure, more pressure, more pressure.
You are so handy. I mean that in the most flattering way. Thanks for this.

I am going to press my new strains tomorrow FB Green Crack, Zambeza Blueberry and New420Guy Chem's Sister. This is the first crop using GreenLeaf nutrients and the AgroMax 10,000K plus UVA t5 48" bulbs. I gotta say the aroma strength is the best I have raise so far. Open a jar and the room is filled with aroma. I will let you know how that goes.

I pressed an ounce of Green Crack and an ounce of Blueberry. The blueberry is the top yielder at 4.2 grams the GC was 3.9 grams. The blueberry is the blondest I have pressed but it needed to be worked on the frozen pans as it was too sticky otherwise. The GC worked at room temperature.

press.jpg
bb2.jpg

Blueberry:
bb2.jpg
bb3.jpg
bb1.jpg

Green Crack:
gc2.jpg
gc1.jpg

I made chocolates with GC and BB rosin. The BB is spacy, uplifting, mind open moving slowly to mellow......... so far.

I pressed an ounce of the Chem's Sister and got 1.1g of rosin - very disappointing. No more pressing for it. I will probably give the rest away to some light weight friends of mine. It cannot be very strong!

Here is the latest improvement to my rosin press; I bought a little compressor $148 with a hose and fittings. I moved it into my office. I have a cart coming with wheels so I can store it elsewhere when not in use.The garage is cold in the winter, way too hot in the summer, standing on concrete for hours at a time and the odor control is non-existent in the garage. I have wanted to do this for a long time.

_DSC2838.JPG

:vibe:

Here is the latest improvement to my rosin press; I bought a little compressor $148 with a hose and fittings. I moved it into my office. I have a cart coming with wheels so I can store it elsewhere when not in use.The garage is cold in the winter, way too hot in the summer, standing on concrete for hours at a time and the odor control is non-existent in the garage. I have wanted to do this for a long time.

View attachment 1166532

:vibe:
What is the difference between the compressor and your arm power, is the press better? Not a bad price to make it automated, may be something down the road when some money is available.

What is the difference between the compressor and your arm power, is the press better? Not a bad price to make it automated, may be something down the road when some money is available.
I have a bad back and a bum shoulder so not having to pump the jack is worth its weight in gold for me! Other than that there is zero difference.

I have a bad back and a bum shoulder so not having to pump the jack is worth its weight in gold for me! Other than that there is zero difference.
Ok, I get that. Just wanted to make sure there wasnt a better way.

Back