Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

There is some really great information in this thread.:cheers:

The pneumatic pump works perfectly. Remember the air pressure is adjustable just like how hard you pull on the handle. I have mine set to 32 PSI and have had no reason to adjust it.
Hey Man, how hard does that little jack shake your set up? I have a large jack that just shakes like crazy. I'm in the middle of building my press and was curious about the smaller size bottle jack.

Hey Man, how hard does that little jack shake your set up? I have a large jack that just shakes like crazy. I'm in the middle of building my press and was curious about the smaller size bottle jack.
I do not know what you mean by shake? Mine just pushes down in a bit of a muffled pop sort of?

I do not know what you mean by shake? Mine just pushes down in a bit of a muffled pop sort of?
If I just have my jack sitting on the ground and hook it up and raise the Jack, it shakes and bounces around quite hard. I'm sure it's just because there is no weight on it, and it's not attached to a press frame.

Hey Mañ'O'Green, I was hoping to pick your brain a bit more about pressing. I apologize if I ask something you answered in this thread already. I have read through it twice already and well ya know, I smoke alot of herb and forget stuff! :rofl:

Do you pre press? My plates are 4"x5" and I am trying to figure out what size pre press I need. I was thinking maybe 2x3? What are your thoughts on pre press size in relation to the press size?

Thanks Man! You are always super helpful and I do appreciate you!!

:toke::pass:

This is a great thread with a lot of knowledge keep up the great work my man.

Hey Mañ'O'Green, I was hoping to pick your brain a bit more about pressing. I apologize if I ask something you answered in this thread already. I have read through it twice already and well ya know, I smoke alot of herb and forget stuff! :rofl:

Do you pre press? My plates are 4"x5" and I am trying to figure out what size pre press I need. I was thinking maybe 2x3? What are your thoughts on pre press size in relation to the press size?

Thanks Man! You are always super helpful and I do appreciate you!!

:toke::pass:
Yes I use a 2x3 90 micron bag and use a pre-press to pack it in. I weigh out 4g of bud. Pack it in to the bag that is pinched in place by the funnel/press column with a giant chop stick. Then I just hand press the bag so it fits in the opening of my hot plates. So not really pressed just formed.

It will be different for your set-up. You just have to play with it.

_DSC3764.JPG

I use a 1x1x4 now. I built a different one here but is the same process.

I finally got mine all set up, 6 Ton from HF, I modified the bottom of it to accept the Dabpress plates I ordered, they were too tall for the press, so I removed the brace and drilled some holes and mounted it on the bottom to free up space for my plates. There is a rod that threads through the bamboo to the bottom plate , excuse the crooked bottom plate as nothing is tightened or in its final place in the pic. This thing is so much better than my dulytek tiny little thing I was using. Im also using Bags using the bottle tech method. No prepress needed. Everything was under 325.00 total.

20210906_101540.jpg

Approx 2.8 G of flower, bottle tech. This was Gorilla Glue from a few months back.
1633359413869.png

Last edited:
Hope Reynolds parchment is ok also lol, I just bought it and never looked back.

Back