Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

Decarbing should have no degrade when making carts. I decarb all of my rosin, and I only make vape carts, never edibles. I use only terp liquify to thin it also, If its too thick I use a bit of EJ Mix, but its usually thin enough to push through the carts I use.

I press for 3.5 to 4 minutes also. Sometimes less but never over 4 minutes. And that is total time.

Reynolds worked for me, but it does tear if you aren't careful with temperature when gathering your rosin. I will see if I can get some of @Mañ'O'Green's stuff for the next round.
It will rip but i use a cooling plate so no rips. I bought some unbleached stuff last night in sheets, no roll crap anymore for me. Ill see how that works out.

It will rip but i use a cooling plate so no rips. I bought some unbleached stuff last night in sheets, no roll crap anymore for me. Ill see how that works out.
I ended up using a cooling plate as well. I did manage to make the Reynolds stuff work ok, but stronger and more non stick would be handy.

I had a look for the Oil Slick stuff that MOG uses, but found this on the Canadian Amazon site:

Katbite 200pcs Parchment Paper Sheets 9x13 inch (12x16 Optional) Heavy Duty, Baking Paper Parchment for Cookies, Bread, Meat, Pizza : Amazon.ca: Home

It is somewhat thicker than the Oil Slick stuff (45 vs 40 weight), and uses presumably similar silicone non stick, so I will give the stuff a try next time around. :biggrin:

Decarbing should have no degrade when making carts. I decarb all of my rosin, and I only make vape carts, never edibles. I use only terp liquify to thin it also, If its too thick I use a bit of EJ Mix, but its usually thin enough to push through the carts I use.

I press for 3.5 to 4 minutes also. Sometimes less but never over 4 minutes. And that is total time.
Good info! Thanks! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I've thought about making my own vape juice. It's just easier to accurately medicate for the pain. I use edibles for longer lasting and even effect and vaping to adjust it.
I have a Hermes vape with a ceramic atomizer cart, no wick, so this homemade vape juice should work well. It might become a large part of my usage and production. I can make it and put it into syringes to give to my Vet buddies. They can get their own vape and style of cart. The one question is how safe is the additive? One of my Vet friend has pretty sensitive lungs, hence why I've been nudging him to edibles. Silly fugger still smokes herb. He won't use his Volcano regularly and I kinda don't blame him.
This could be something that could help him simplify things for him and help him be more comfortable and productive. He's got a year old baby!! LOL! He needs all the help he can get! LOL!

I ended up using a cooling plate as well. I did manage to make the Reynolds stuff work ok, but stronger and more non stick would be handy.

I had a look for the Oil Slick stuff that MOG uses, but found this on the Canadian Amazon site:

Katbite 200pcs Parchment Paper Sheets 9x13 inch (12x16 Optional) Heavy Duty, Baking Paper Parchment for Cookies, Bread, Meat, Pizza : Amazon.ca: Home

It is somewhat thicker than the Oil Slick stuff (45 vs 40 weight), and uses presumably similar silicone non stick, so I will give the stuff a try next time around. :biggrin:
Thats the stuff I just bought!!! It will be here today, ill let you know how it works!!

Last edited:
Good info! Thanks! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I've thought about making my own vape juice. It's just easier to accurately medicate for the pain. I use edibles for longer lasting and even effect and vaping to adjust it.
I have a Hermes vape with a ceramic atomizer cart, no wick, so this homemade vape juice should work well. It might become a large part of my usage and production. I can make it and put it into syringes to give to my Vet buddies. They can get their own vape and style of cart. The one question is how safe is the additive? One of my Vet friend has pretty sensitive lungs, hence why I've been nudging him to edibles. Silly fugger still smokes herb. He won't use his Volcano regularly and I kinda don't blame him.
This could be something that could help him simplify things for him and help him be more comfortable and productive. He's got a year old baby!! LOL! He needs all the help he can get! LOL!
Its basically pg, like in vape juice and you dont use much, it basically thins it. If you decarb then add terps for flavor thats all you should need. If the bud is good and fresh you shouldn't need thinner, buy good carts that accept thick juice and you should be all set. The terps i buy are 100% terpines, so no additives, that thins it enough for the carts i use, but like i said depending on your rosin, you might need to add a true thinner.

Here is what i buy. Not sure if i can post links here so ill name them.

All from 760 glass

Terp Liquify ( 0 Additives, 100% terpines)

And if needed

EJ Mix to thin it even more.

EJ Mix is comprised of a proprietary blend of propylene glycol and PEG400, PEG300, and PEG200 The various types of PEG do a great job at liquefying the different compounds within the extract. The propylene glycol ensures a nice smooth experience.

Its basically pg, like in vape juice and you dont use much, it basically thins it. If you decarb then add terps for flavor thats all you should need. If the bud is good and fresh you shouldn't need thinner, buy good carts that accept thick juice and you should be all set. The terps i buy are 100% terpines, so no additives, that thins it enough for the carts i use, but like i said depending on your rosin, you might need to add a true thinner.

Here is what i buy. Not sure if i can post links here so ill name them.

All from 760 glass

Terp Liquify ( 0 Additives, 100% terpines)

And if needed

EJ Mix to thin it even more.

EJ Mix is comprised of a proprietary blend of propylene glycol and PEG400, PEG300, and PEG200 The various types of PEG do a great job at liquefying the different compounds within the extract. The propylene glycol ensures a nice smooth experience.
For a little while, I didn't see the differences in some google searches on the safety of propylene glycol. Too many included studies that included vegetable oil along with propylene glycol. By itself, propylene glycol is safe. I think this batch would probably work with just the Terp Liquify.

Thanks!

For a little while, I didn't see the differences in some google searches on the safety of propylene glycol. Too many included studies that included vegetable oil along with propylene glycol. By itself, propylene glycol is safe. I think this batch would probably work with just the Terp Liquify.

Thanks!

No problem.

Good luck, im so glad i found how to make carts. Makes things so much easier.

No problem.

Good luck, im so glad i found how to make carts. Makes things so much easier.
I'm sure it does!

Would ya suggest going ahead and get the 10ml size? Roughly how much will that do? I understand different strains and runs will differ.

I'm sure it does!

Would ya suggest going ahead and get the 10ml size? Roughly how much will that do? I understand different strains and runs will differ.
Of the Terp Liquify? I bought the 1ml, its small but you dont need much, you start at 1-3 drops per Gram of Rosin. Then you can add a bit more depending on how much it breaks down, with no more than 10 drops per Gram. I only do it for myself, which is why I got the smaller one to start. If you are doing alot then obv. the 10ml would be for you.

https://760glass.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-find-the-correct-terpene-ratio-for-cartridges, scroll down and it will show you how to determine the amount of terpines per gram you use/need.

Back