Live Stoners 2018 Site Improvements and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is difficult depending on what kind of database you have. Since the site is getting more and more into vendor testing a listing/link of every grow journal by vendor then strain. for example:

Dinafem:
Amnesia XXL Autoflowering
Grower A July 2017
Grower B Sept, 2017
Grower C May 2015

Blue Amnesia XXL Autoflowering

Grower A July 2017
Grower B Sept, 2017
Grower C May 2015

Heavyweight:

Monster Profit
@Mañ'O'Green Feb. 2018

Doing a search on a strain brings these up but this is something more easily browsed.
totally, this would be the dream! I doubt it's ever going to happen though, because it's not just the database structure, but mainly the data input by users itself that's going to get us good listings like that - and users :rolleyes2:....differ greatly when it comes to documenting :D
Starting a thread would have to be a guided process, forcing everyone to supply the basic facts of their grows LOL

I just realized I do have an issue with the site after all!
It would be really great to list the restrictions on picture sizes directly in the upload interface (or a link to somewhere where this is explicitly stated)
I do try and reduce my file sizes and crop my pix to be able to show plant details whilst using storage space sparingly, but have had a hard time figuring out that there's a height restriction of 800px and widths around 1000px?

Possibly there's a thread somewhere about this, I admit I haven't done a search, but instead kept trial-and-erroring it LOL
typical user?! :D

Cheers!

totally, this would be the dream! I doubt it's ever going to happen though, because it's not just the database structure, but mainly the data input by users itself that's going to get us good listings like that - and users :rolleyes2:....differ greatly when it comes to documenting :D
Starting a thread would have to be a guided process, forcing everyone to supply the basic facts of their grows LOL

I just realized I do have an issue with the site after all!
It would be really great to list the restrictions on picture sizes directly in the upload interface (or a link to somewhere where this is explicitly stated)
I do try and reduce my file sizes and crop my pix to be able to show plant details whilst using storage space sparingly, but have had a hard time figuring out that there's a height restriction of 800px and widths around 1000px?

Possibly there's a thread somewhere about this, I admit I haven't done a search, but instead kept trial-and-erroring it LOL
typical user?! :D

Cheers!
I was thinking about that very thing - perhaps the vendor threads could be initiated as part of the seed mail out process with a standard form for the first page that the recipient filled out to start the thread. The thread Title initiated by the staff could be in a very specific field input format that could be read by the database for sorting. after that it would be a normal journal thread.

A camera how to thread is a good idea.

You and the crew are doing great, I have no gripes.
I would like to see two features reactivated that were on before and one new one.

The "Rep given by ???" in the alert tab. Makes it easy to thank them in a timely manner.

On the " /forums/media/" page that contains the editing portal and various share and embed codes, there was, until recently, a button that appeared to the right of each code when scrolled, copied the code when clicked, and brought up a banner confirming that the code had been copied. It eliminated the need to hi-light the codes and copy them without confirmation.

The row of 15 buttons on the same media page, above the picture, that contains "Next, Previous, etc" are white by default and blend into the white background on one of my screens and are invisible unless scrolled when they turn red. A little color as default in the buttons would eliminate having to find them each time.

Thanks for this thread and keep up the great work.

Is there going to be a continuation of "new grows", "indoor grows"? I can't find those two anywhere.

So far, I feel I've have to click more often with the new format. That isn't a big deal.

The new server will certainly help. There have been a fair number of times that the site simply wouldn't load.

Is there going to be a continuation of "new grows", "indoor grows"? I can't find those two anywhere.

So far, I feel I've have to click more often with the new format. That isn't a big deal.

The new server will certainly help. There have been a fair number of times that the site simply wouldn't load.

I think they are in there but a layer down.

I can't find the indoor growing board or the newbie one. I see the journal boards. But where did the indoor growing board get to?
Keep them coming guys.... updates are actively in progress! I will post an update on what's been changed as well so hopefully will answer any questions on the whereabouts of certain things. :pighug:

I would LOVE to get a tutorial section going for the site, including video of how-to's. Great stuff guys! :vibe: :hookah:

I can't find the indoor growing board or the newbie one. I see the journal boards. But where did the indoor growing board get to?

It's merged into one section, indoor boards and journals are together . I thought that's what I read

Aye, apologies lunarman, I have a big list of changes that I've got in progress but haven't posted yet (I've been swamped, I know that's an excuse but that's all I got for ya right now.)

BUT, @Dudeski is correct, we simply merged those forums together (indoor discussion merged into indoor journals.) Nothing is deleted, just moved/merged. Was done at members requests to reduce redundancy :bighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back