Live Stoners 2018 Site Improvements and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
I think, currently, that information is too spread out.
There are grow journals in almost every section/subsection of the forum which can make them a pain in the a$$ to try and track down.
Pinned topics should be moved to an information section (most of them).
Example: @autobeast 's great thread on auto topping etc is pinned in one forum.
There are great guides pinned in the new growers forum
There are other guides pinned in the New Growers Journals forum
There are other guides pinned in the indoor growers forum.
etc...

Whilst these guides are great, not all of them are specific to the actual forum they are in, which makes them extremely difficult to track down.
Having a Guides Section, with Specific sub-forums JUST for guides would go a long way to help sort this out.
Pinned/locked topics only.
Perhaps a 'Guide Submission' form similar to the product review form (moderated so that a moderator decides on its validity and where to then post/pin it).
Hell, a LOT of the guides in here would be excellent Articles to have on the site main page blog entries.
well said i totally agree, afn could run alot smoother. and thanks for the kind words. happy growing;)

i think all threads related to training and topping autos.should have there own section. called the auto training section;) make it easier for growers to find key info. happy growing;)

Yes, agreed. It is easier to find things if they are in their own designated boards. Most training threads are buried in all kinds of places. Hard to find them.

Keep them coming guys.... updates are actively in progress! I will post an update on what's been changed as well so hopefully will answer any questions on the whereabouts of certain things. :pighug:

I would LOVE to get a tutorial section going for the site, including video of how-to's. Great stuff guys! :vibe: :hookah:

Agreed.
I think, currently, that information is too spread out.
There are grow journals in almost every section/subsection of the forum which can make them a pain in the a$$ to try and track down.
Pinned topics should be moved to an information section (most of them).
Example: @autobeast 's great thread on auto topping etc is pinned in one forum.
There are great guides pinned in the new growers forum
There are other guides pinned in the New Growers Journals forum
There are other guides pinned in the indoor growers forum.
etc...

Whilst these guides are great, not all of them are specific to the actual forum they are in, which makes them extremely difficult to track down.
Having a Guides Section, with Specific sub-forums JUST for guides would go a long way to help sort this out.
Pinned/locked topics only.
Perhaps a 'Guide Submission' form similar to the product review form (moderated so that a moderator decides on its validity and where to then post/pin it).
Hell, a LOT of the guides in here would be excellent Articles to have on the site main page blog entries.

I keep thinking about a nutes section and you could have lots of pinned guides in it for the different known to work schedules that have been shared over time. Tangs etc. And people are always asking if nute schedules exist.

Could be hard to consolidate all the good threads on training and nutes in to two new boards with stickies though.

And having four boards for the new and indoors is a bit redundant. I agree that could be trimmed down.

I keep thinking about a nutes section and you could have lots of pinned guides in it for the different known to work schedules that have been shared over time. Tangs etc. And people are always asking if nute schedules exist.

Done. New section for nutrients is up right here. We'll just need to populate it with some threads (open to suggestions.)

And having four boards for the new and indoors is a bit redundant. I agree that could be trimmed down.

Done! Consolidated them down and putting grow journals in it's own section.

Done. New section for nutrients is up right here. We'll just need to populate it with some threads (open to suggestions.)

Done! Consolidated them down and putting grow journals in it's own section.

What is the best way to populate a new board with content from the past in to a sticky? Or maybe the question should be, is there a way? Like a thread that was started by Tang on a nute schedule? It might have 100 pages to it too. And I dont know where it is now. Some journal board maybe. It would be easy to find his original thread.

Hey guys I wanted to start a thread for site improvements and suggestions for 2018. It's the feedback from the community that helps us make decisions going forward and it's that's feedback we're going to use for our gameplan.

We do have pretty exciting things in the work, the new server for AFN (hardware) has arrived and being setup, giving us a very nice (and needed) boost in hardware performance. We're expanding our storage solutions and hope to actually increase the amount of media storage available and potentially even allow higher resolution/larger image files too.

I'll start off the first suggestion, navigation. The site is a beast to trawl around. Improving navigation and flow to information is going to be a key thing for me this year.

Simply put, what do you like? What keeps you here?
What turns you off? What don't you like?
What would you like to see to keep you staying here?

You're more than welcome to post up in here or you can PM me directly if youd' rather not have those concerns aired publicly.

Appreciated and let's make 2018 the best year for AFN that we can!
Commendable effort!

Quite honestly, I have no issues?:crying:

Just wanting to say how spectacularly amazing the "threadmark" feature is! VERY useful!!
I just wish more people would use it :D haha

edit; also, talking about navigation - I DO like the announcements too - else I'd never have known of this thread. Oftentimes however links are not included, so if you don't know that there's an extra competitions forum for example... lol
But that's not a technical problem, just an editorial one ;)

Cheers much for all the work in the background! :worship:

I know this is difficult depending on what kind of database you have. Since the site is getting more and more into vendor testing a listing/link of every grow journal by vendor then strain. for example:

Dinafem:
Amnesia XXL Autoflowering
Grower A July 2017
Grower B Sept, 2017
Grower C May 2015

Blue Amnesia XXL Autoflowering

Grower A July 2017
Grower B Sept, 2017
Grower C May 2015

Heavyweight:

Monster Profit
@Mañ'O'Green Feb. 2018

Doing a search on a strain brings these up but this is something more easily browsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back