Outdoor 2014 Balcony + LED Think Different, Pineapple Express and Critical Jack

We definitely have a grow on our hands now hehe:gthumb::Sharing One:

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update to say...

I just had a beautiful baby girl (I hope she is, thats what it said on the envelope), she has just pop her head out of the jiffy.

DSC_0023.jpg

Some info:

Put in glass with tap water (filtered with one of those bobble jug https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...rWfGVsIB7pvV9sZPNcHM1a_EiabKX8ABpz-G2uB6mb2Ig )

Sank after 20hrs

Root shows up 9 hrs later

Placed on to a Jiffy 24 hrs later

Head comes up 20 hrs later and is placed under the light at RH of 60% (have not done anything to it, is just what it is :D ) and temperature of 26C/78F

I am trying to make a time-lapse so we can all enjoy the beauty of new life.

Good smokes!

Very nice mate congratulations :wiggle: i became a father too today... So its day one for both our PE :Sharing One:

That's bro, I will keep a close look on your PE.

I had an slight change of plans. I am thinking that I will keep the PE on the cabinet for a month or so and if the weather keeps behaving well and the PE has a solid veg growth. Then I will just put it on the balcony and let it get just the sunlight available. Meanwhile, I will put the TD and the critical Jack on 6l airpots on the cabinet for their veg together.

After I can choose (Based on the experience with the PE) wether or not to transplant into the larger pots as seen on DWCocha's https://www.autoflower.org/f61/moonstone-p2-dwc-gn-led-30721.html

I will be taking a couple of risks here. For instance I will give a go to LST, using some theories I got about timing based on others experiences here on the forum.

It may all be a terrible disaster but if it succeeds I think I would be able to contribute more to the community.

Quick update..

Well, I have to blame some of the growers here for what I've done.. I could't stop the temptation to get some mere seeds because of the amazing pictures I've seen on the forum. So I got a Sweet Seeds Red Poison and a Short Stuff Himalaya Blue Diesel :drool:

I also ordered 3 x 6L airpots and germinate the Red poison and the Critical Jack. I will be put them along with the PE and will take them all out to the balcony when they reach week 4-5. I'll be trying some LST on the PE and provably will hold back for a bit on the TD and the HBD as I may go away in July. So I am provably put them on the cabinet after I come back. Based on the experience with the first three plants I will decide wether or not to plant the TD and the HBD on the 6l airpots or to put them one by one on the downsized 9L or the standard 15L airpots. However, I will make another journal as they won't be going outdoor.

So far I am concern about temperatures as I don't understand the issues related to low temp for the outdoor part. My day temperature is good enough but the night time is most likely to be around 6-9 c so I am not sure if the 10c minimun temp threshold is on light time or at any point of the grow.

If anyone has any experience with low temp issues at lights off time please tell me how the plants responded.

Thanks and good smokes.

PS; I am time lapsing the growth with an old smartphone so we can see how the plants react to light hours, temp and RH. I've seen in some time lapses of 18/6 that plants lower their leafs about 2 hours before the lights goes of so I am not sure if 16/8 is more beneficial or even not natural patterns such 16/4.

Day 02 and 04 update

New pics (Pineapple Express Auto):

DAY 02
psicodelia01.jpg
psicodelia02.jpg
Day 04

Silver-leaf01.jpg

silver-leaf-02.jpg

I absolutely love how she look kind of silvery under natural light. :niceshot:

So interesting news, my Critical Jack is a twin :grin:

I had a look to the seeds this morning and notice 2 radicle growing from the C. Jack seed. I have no room whatsoever for this twin on my cabinet. So I am going to grow it on my window sill and see how it develops. I'll get some pics later.

Some more pics;

Here the Critical Jack surprise ;)
twin.jpg

I have done some intervention here because I was fearing that if I put them on the Jiffy together until they split, they would has rooted enough to get damaged when separating them. So I carefully removed the shell and waited for a day, then removed the little skin that was kipping them together and pull one of them out from the Jiffy and place it on its own.

This is a pick right after the intervention. I wish I had taken picks of the process but I was to tense with the idea of damaging either plant.

DSC_0017.jpg

I was expecting some negative effect the next day but they where all craving some light.

Hungry.jpg

And now they are all under the light. Note that here you can see the Red Poison on the Back, PE at the middle and one of the Critical Jack (the largest one) at the front.

Family album.jpg

The twin CJ will be set on a 2.5L (I guess) Custom Air-Pod that I made this morning to fit on my window frame. Did it with the left over of resizing my 15L air-pot. I have also transplanted the PE into an smaller 6L airpot so I could fit the other 2 plants on the cabinet and to prevent any more issues with their height.

This is a picture of the custom Air-Pot for my PE.

DSC_0023.jpg DSC_0024.jpg

Good smokes everyone! :smoke:

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Family album.jpg
    Family album.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 72
Wow brother :drool:all looking good over here :Sharing One:You have a few projects on the go now:coffee2: Never seen a twin like that!!! I would never of had steady enough hands to separate them.... Must of been like in an operating theatre:gthumb:Talking about the temps outside and your Pineapple Express... If you want the most out of your plant and the best yield your probably best completing the grow in your cupboard, if you want to grow. On your balcony then start a photo in your cupboard and then put it outside now is the time of year to do it ... I would worry your auto might suffer and not produce as well being outside and not getting the recommended min 18/6 just my"My 2 cents"

You have no idea.. It wasn't so difficult to separate the twins, but as I have not done anything like that before I was under a bit of pressure. I think you are right about going with Photos for using the balcony but is a bit too late for me I believe. My cabinet is just too small for the 3 plants so I am weighing what is the less bad option. I guess that I will decide about what to do based on how things develop. However, I think I was over reacting about the temperature. Last couples of nights the minimum has been 10c so hopefully it will be slightly higher.

Back