Indoor 2000w auto grow dwc think different, blue cheese

Not quite as big as yours but I've learned they like their spacing.... Rough fall this year and PM hit and I'm still finding traces here and there of it. My photos in veg are getting hit with eagle 20, my autos are getting hit with green cure the rest of this batches life and im running a sulfur burner this week to treat the room as a whole and possibly use as a preventative, once a week for awhile until I'm sure I'm in the clear. I've been super on top of it so it hasn't spun out of control or nothing but it is very tedious fighting it and spraying and stuff.
"Spray like you got problems, and you'll never get them".....
Planning ahead and preventative maintenance are key im learning as my garden increases in size.... This is just what's going while I finish the rest of the room up....tons of girls not pictured. 24.... all allowed their own spacing like that.... Easier to work with too in every aspect!
IMG_20161222_065411296.jpg
IMG_20161222_065432868.jpg

Holy shit they are some seriously big girls bro,cant wait to see those colas swell.you are going to have serious space issues near the end.

Fantastic grow bro have this :slap:

well 11 weeks and a few days and i cut these two dinafem blue cheese's down, after flushing with snow water(30ppm) for 2 weeks
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

it is kind of a cheap picture of just the top colas, i didn't have much room for pics at the time. i harvested over a half lb dry of good top buds off each plant, one cheesy (closer one) and the other more blueberry'ish. here is a pic of a giant dinafem blue cheese and its stalk, i had to put the net on it at about 4.5 feet because i could tell it was going to go through the roof. the net is full of colas that are falling onto each other, just started flushing it yesterday.
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg

and last to finish up will be my northern lights [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] plants. here is a picture of one of them, i had to move the two NL5's that were under 5 feet into there own 4x8 tent under two 1000 watters to finish up, they weren't getting light.
IMG_0170.jpg

Not quite as big as yours but I've learned they like their spacing.... Rough fall this year and PM hit and I'm still finding traces here and there of it. My photos in veg are getting hit with eagle 20, my autos are getting hit with green cure the rest of this batches life and im running a sulfur burner this week to treat the room as a whole and possibly use as a preventative, once a week for awhile until I'm sure I'm in the clear. I've been super on top of it so it hasn't spun out of control or nothing but it is very tedious fighting it and spraying and stuff.
"Spray like you got problems, and you'll never get them".....
Planning ahead and preventative maintenance are key im learning as my garden increases in size.... This is just what's going while I finish the rest of the room up....tons of girls not pictured. 24.... all allowed their own spacing like that.... Easier to work with too in every aspect!View attachment 676681 View attachment 676682

Thems some beautiful ladies Pete, healthy and happy! what is the sulfur burn preventing? What is PM? i have been growing for about a year now and grow hydro because it gets me more bud while staying in our legal limit, i smoke a whole lot. it has been a tough learning process in supporting the plants, i am blessed with a wonderful environment outside for having an indoor grow so they have grown big and it is a VERYfun challenge.

Holy shit they are some seriously big girls bro,cant wait to see those colas swell.you are going to have serious space issues near the end.

Fantastic grow bro have this :slap:

Thanks! yeah i had to move the two smaller NL5's into their own tent…. and its still crowded! almost as crowded as the rootballs in their 5 gallon buckets! bigger root reservoirs next time, totes me think.

well i cut down the monster Dinafem Blue Cheese that got put in the corner under her own light on the 29th. so far she has yielded 22.5 oz.s of quality smoke, there must be 8 more oz's of lower quality herbs still drying. by far my biggest plant, and my first i have had to put a screen on.
IMG_0179.jpg

i would like to attribute it to my mad screen skills but she was genetically beast mode. out of the 6 i have cut down so far it has yielded 58.5 oz.'s. the two i finished in a 4x8 under 2 1000 watt hps hortilux's yielded 10 oz's and 8.5 oz's, i don't think i took a single picture of them when they were finishing up. Oops, they were slightly on the back burner being the two that got crowded out, one seemed like it had more ruderalis with a piny sort of smell to it, and one turned out with nice dense colas that are slightly sweet smelling. i have three still up and going, two started their flushes yesterday and one will start its flush tomorrow I'm thinking. one of them will be a lb I'm thinking, she is beautiful.
IMG_0176.jpg

I don't take much off bud wiser, just big fan leaves to open up sites. Your having phenomenal results size wise. If I were you I'd start implementing some techniques to get that canopy spread out and even with all those lower shoots shooting up. May I ask what power light and what distance you were running the first 30-40 days of the grow?

hey pete, sorry i missed this somehow. thank you, this has been the best run so far. the lights i had on them for the first 7 weeks were two 1000w hps ushio super reds i believe with digital ballasts. i ran air cooled hydrofarm hoods for the first 30 days or so, then i put my 48" parabolic vertical bulb on once i was able to drop the bottom of the bulb between 4 plants per bulb. i could see how running more and more parabolics would increase their efficiency because of how their light shoots mainly sideways it seems like, but if you drop it real close the buds right below get adequate light. the way that the light shoots sideways over the tops of the plants seem to keep the plant reaching for more. i think next time i would start with the air cooled hoods until the same time, veg with parabolics, then finish the buds off with the air cooled hoods that penetrate deeper into the canopy. just a theory, no complaints as is but it can always be better.

If your confident in maintaining sizes like that every grow you could really do some damage per plant with the proper training. Those are huge I'm not going to lie!! Moving your light different distances, pinching tops and cleaning out the bottom 1/4-1/3 of girls that size before flower would be ideal. But do it over time. This is something you will learn of what branches are going to be something one day or not. Never defoliate note than 20% at a time and always allow a few days recovery.
I've been up all night so I'm sure I'm missing a million instructions so if you have any questions tag me and fire away.....
These girls love space and I learned "more" isn't always "more".....

thank you very much for the advice, and for your involvement in this forum, it has been invaluable to me in my research and online musings for the last year.

:bighug:

IMG_0189.jpg

this baby right here is my pride and joy, she is coming down in the morning and i hate to have her out of my sight overnight. it will be my first plant that i supported before it collapsed. i taped those trim boards around the bucket in a square and have been using tie wire to hook the shoots and support them from the opposite side. as well as a loose ring of wire around them. she is so beautiful. Northern Lights [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] by British Columbia Seeds. one of my last posts i said i had harvested 6 plants, oops just 5 plants down, this will be the 6th. planted in late october, put in bucket november 1st.:vibe:

hey pete, sorry i missed this somehow. thank you, this has been the best run so far. the lights i had on them for the first 7 weeks were two 1000w hps ushio super reds i believe with digital ballasts. i ran air cooled hydrofarm hoods for the first 30 days or so, then i put my 48" parabolic vertical bulb on once i was able to drop the bottom of the bulb between 4 plants per bulb. i could see how running more and more parabolics would increase their efficiency because of how their light shoots mainly sideways it seems like, but if you drop it real close the buds right below get adequate light. the way that the light shoots sideways over the tops of the plants seem to keep the plant reaching for more. i think next time i would start with the air cooled hoods until the same time, veg with parabolics, then finish the buds off with the air cooled hoods that penetrate deeper into the canopy. just a theory, no complaints as is but it can always be better.

thank you very much for the advice, and for your involvement in this forum, it has been invaluable to me in my research and online musings for the last year.

:bighug:

View attachment 700345

this baby right here is my pride and joy, she is coming down in the morning and i hate to have her out of my sight overnight. it will be my first plant that i supported before it collapsed. i taped those trim boards around the bucket in a square and have been using tie wire to hook the shoots and support them from the opposite side. as well as a loose ring of wire around them. she is so beautiful. Northern Lights [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] by British Columbia Seeds. one of my last posts i said i had harvested 6 plants, oops just 5 plants down, this will be the 6th. planted in late october, put in bucket november 1st.:vibe:
Damn I need to try hydro dude.... That's huge!!!!!

Phenomenal grow dude!!!!!!!! Definitely some of the biggest I've seen to date!!!

I saw how big your area is.. I don't recall, do you run AC in the room?? I am asking because of the parabolics, I was considering them before I bought my air-cooled, mostly because of the light spread but I'd heard that temp control can be an issue in warmer climates.. I refuse to run AC in my basement so temp control is tricky, especially running a dehumidifier down there..

Beautiful indeed, well done:clapper:
THanks Kush!!!
[
QUOTE="Discretepete2676, post: 1354024, member: 29900"]Damn I need to try hydro dude.... That's huge!!!!![/QUOTE]
Thank you pete! i was having trouble making my numbers match my power bill with soil, and i hardly new how to grow with soil so i tried hydro. Seemed like it was easier to learn because any mistake i made in my nutrient solution, the plant would let me know( as long as you check on it every 4 hours) and a quick nutrient change back to what was working is all it took to fix it. in soil i was chasing my tail round in circles making new deficiencies and lockouts.

Phenomenal grow dude!!!!!!!! Definitely some of the biggest I've seen to date!!!

I saw how big your area is.. I don't recall, do you run AC in the room?? I am asking because of the parabolics, I was considering them before I bought my air-cooled, mostly because of the light spread but I'd heard that temp control can be an issue in warmer climates.. I refuse to run AC in my basement so temp control is tricky, especially running a dehumidifier down there..

Thank you so much GodAmJT! It is about 10' by 14'. i have two 6 inch fans blowing air in, and one 6 inch fan with carbon filter blowing air out, all three hooked up to an autopilot master environment controller. I didn't run an air conditioner. the temps where i am are usually below 0 so a quick blast of cool air from my fans cools it down quick. i had my deadband for the temperature set at 3.5 degrees. the fans run for 2 minutes every ten minutes. my Autopilot propane c02 generator had no problem keeping my c02 levels where i wanted them, 20 pounds propane a week at 1300 ppm, two weeks per 20lbs at 700 ppm.

Back